Start by marking “The Eighteen Revenges of Doctor Milan” as Want to Read:
The Eighteen Revenges of Doctor Milan

The Eighteen Revenges of Doctor Milan

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Cezar didn't come to the prison colony known as the Pike for rehabilitation. He came for revenge.

Ten years ago, Cezar witnessed mutiny and murder aboard a colony starship. He survived, and with the aid of the enigmatic Doctor Milan he's worked his way into the Pike to kill the man who led the rebellion: the warden himself. But before he can get his hands around the warden'
ebook
Published December 23rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Eighteen Revenges of Doctor Milan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eighteen Revenges of Doctor Milan

Carmen
Jan 23, 2013 Carmen rated it it was amazing
After reading Chris Ruz's The Eighteen Revenges of Dr. Milan, I have to compose myself before I can write a proper review of it. As an aspiring novelist, Ruz's facility with words makes me so envious, I can barely stand to keep reading his writing. As a reader, I can't get enough of Ruz's creative turns of phrase, his rich settings dripping with imagery. Eighteen Revenges delivers these things more than any of his other works, and (in my opinion) is his finest writing yet.

Eighteen Revenges is a
Meryl
Dec 27, 2012 Meryl rated it really liked it
I'm used to Mr Ruz's rather dark and visceral writing, and this story was no exception. The 'hero' Cezar gets himself sent to The Pike, a dreadful prison carved into the body of a massive and long-dead alien being. Cezar's goal is to kill the Warden, a near impossible task.

The 18 Revenges of Doctor Milan is gripping from the word go, very dark, very gritty and not for the faint of heart. Don't expect unicorns and rainbows. While I didn't enjoy it (I don't like violence) I still flew through it a
A.M.
Dec 25, 2012 A.M. rated it really liked it
Despite it’s awkwardly long name, this is an awesome psychedelic scifi novella infused with philosophy. I proofed the ebook for Ruz several days ago and read through it in mere hours; the setting is reminiscent of Chronicles of Riddick but it’s so much more than that.

If you’re looking for some well-written, contemporary scifi that will have you hooked, this is it.
Craig Hannah
Craig Hannah rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Nyssa
Nyssa rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Harald Grill
Harald Grill rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Gaurav Chhetri
Gaurav Chhetri rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Adam Vine
Nov 19, 2015 Adam Vine rated it really liked it
Brilliant sci fi novella. Ending didn't quite work for me, but the rest made it worth reading.
James
James rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Rory
Rory rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
Jaid
Jaid marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
zxvasdf
zxvasdf marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Krad23
Krad23 marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Christopher Ruz
Jul 21, 2013 Christopher Ruz added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
T.W. Spencer
T.W. Spencer marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Christopher "Ruz" Hayes-Kossmann was born in Hong Kong, raised in Vienna, and is now settled in Melbourne, Australia. Although he graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor of Industrial Design, his first love has always been writing.

He's been published by Weaponizer, Labyrinth Inhabitant's Magazine and Birdville Magazine, and has won both the first Ergofiction Search Term Challenge and the first Birdville
More about Christopher Ruz...