Start by marking “Green Smoothie Magic: 132+ Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes That Trim and Slim” as Want to Read:
Green Smoothie Magic: 132+ Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes That Trim and Slim

Green Smoothie Magic: 132+ Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes That Trim and Slim

Delicious. Easy. Healthy.

Green Smoothie recipes that you'll think can't possibly be healthy, they taste so good!

These simple, easy-to-make recipes will have your friends and family wondering if you made a mistake and served dessert instead!

Every single step-by-step recipe has been tested, modified and refined until everyone - from kids to husband; from non-believers to hea
Published November 14th 2012 by Colete Pty Ltd (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Green Smoothie Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Smoothie Magic

Farnoosh Brock
Oct 19, 2013 Farnoosh Brock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: healthy-body
I read - and write - health books and am especially a huge fan of greens, whole foods, raw foods, green juices and of course, green smoothies. I've read a ton of books - by a ton, I mean at least 20! This book is the best. It is visually gorgeous. It is written with the most friendly yet humbling and informative writing voice, it covers everything you may want to know about green smoothies as a beginner and also directs you to the right sections if you are in a hurry to get to the recipes. The ...more
Amanda
I picked up this cookbook when I spotted the kindle version on sale for 99 cents because I wanted exactly what it promised. A way to work in more leafy greens into my life in a delicious way.

The cookbook is organized into sections entitled: introduction, the magic of the green stuff, not all green smoothies are green, don’t get stuck with the same green, greens, how green should my first smoothies be?, green smoothie magic basics, the pragmatic approach to health nutrition and everything!, freez
Jason
Dec 16, 2013 Jason rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I would split this book into two parts. The good part is the practical advice on smoothie making and list of recipes. The author has clearly made lots of smoothies, and enthusiastically describes her favorites. The instructions are simple, and the smoothies I made came out OK.

The other part of the book is a testimonial to the power of green smoothies. The author is admittedly not an expert on nutritional science, and if you're not already a believer in the power of greens and "superfoods" there'
Kelly
Apr 04, 2014 Kelly rated it liked it
If you are looking for an interesting read this book don't read this book. If you are looking for a good reason to start drinking green smoothies you can consider this book. If you are already sold on drinking green smoothies and want some new and fun recipes then definitely read this book.

The author is not very eloquent in her words. (Not that I am, but I don't write books because I know I am not) She doesn't do a great job selling the reader on the importance of green smoothies and eating mor
JC
Dec 17, 2013 JC rated it liked it
Got this book for free through goodreads. The first half of the book had some interesting advice and passed along good information about eating healthy. The second half of the book is all of the recipes. I tried a few and they were okay. Nothing too special, but considering I got the book for free, no complaints there. I do wish the book had color in it though...I'm taking this to work so hopefully someone else can enjoy the recipes as well.
Shelly
Feb 15, 2014 Shelly rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I'm thinking I'm not meant to be "green". The book has given me tons of information, introduced me to my new favourite vegetable bok choy, and provided me with 132 recipes that I can make without the green...and I can revisit the "green" option any time in the future. Thank you Goodreads First Reads and Gabrielle Raiz for the book!
Melissa
Nov 05, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
As a newbie at green smoothies, this book is an informative teaching tool as well as a recipe book. I appreciate the instruction and explanation, giving me the knowledge to make a smoothie that I love, using what I have in my kitchen. I'm loving the smoothies I've made so far and can't wait to try more!
Carol Mcginty
Jul 09, 2013 Carol Mcginty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol by: Book
This book really makes it easy to make a healthy smoothie with a great variety of healthy food. It gives you the basics and helps you build from there. I never thought I'd like to drink some something that is GREEN for breakfast, but when you add the right ingredients, it is actually yummy!
Alana S
Nov 25, 2014 Alana S rated it it was amazing
Thanks GoodReads First Reads

So many great smoothy combos and ideas!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!!
Uso Sayers
May 13, 2013 Uso Sayers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read. Short. Love the recipes. Even kids can enjoy as the smoothies are tasty. Love the way she rates them.
Catherine
Dec 04, 2013 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This book is filled with information and delicious smoothie recipes. I appreciate all the recommendations and variations for the recipes.
Monique
Sep 24, 2012 Monique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple instructions with wonderful suggestions for storing, substuting, and blending smoothies. Plus I downloaded this book for FREE! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Daniela
Daniela rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2013
Jackie Siff
Jackie Siff rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Kimberly Taylor
Kimberly Taylor rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Riley W.
Riley W. rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Irene Holmes
Irene Holmes rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
DeAnna Troupe
DeAnna Troupe rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
John Kalb
John Kalb rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
wanda bullard
wanda bullard rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Cheryl Cyman
Cheryl Cyman rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Leshia Roberts Chandler
Leshia Roberts Chandler rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Shirley
Shirley rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Kelley Roduik
Kelley Roduik rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Angela Malerman
Angela Malerman rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Lawrence J.Presby
Lawrence J.Presby rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Cisca
Cisca rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Top 30 Easy Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Women: Set It and Forget It (First Vegetarian Recipes Cookbook for Busy Women Vol. 2)
  • Healing Herbs & Spices : Health Benefits of Popular Herbs & Spices Plus Over 70 Recipes To Use Them In
  • Paleo Diet Slow Cooker 52 Healthy Gluten Free Recipes
  • Hair Gone Wild! Recipes & Remedies for Natural Tresses (Hair Gone Wild, #3)
  • Helpful Herbs for Health and Beauty
  • The Quinoa Cookbook: Everyday Superfood Recipes for a Gluten-Free Diet
  • Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness
  • Easy Vegetarian Recipes
  • Is Your Chair Killing You?
  • Upgraded Chef: 12 Core Recipes to Supercharge Your Body & Brain
  • Dr. Neal Barnard's Book for Reversing Diabetes: The Scientifically Proven System for Reversing Diabetes Without Drugs
  • 50 Shades Of Kale
  • 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone
  • Salads for Every Season: 25 Recipes from Earthbound Farm
  • SPOON: Soup, Stew & Chowder Recipes (Spring) (Cooking in Season)
  • Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally
  • Coconut Oil for Beginners - Your Coconut Oil Miracle Guide: Health Cures, Beauty, Weight Loss, and Delicious Recipes
  • Soups
Gabrielle Raiz is an author, a keen foodie and health-loving educator who perhaps surprisingly started her working life as a dentist. She has a knack for making things practical and understandable and has a flexible approach to her food and her yoga.

Gabrielle has recently expanded her food writing to publish 2 top selling books "Green Smoothie Magic" and "132+ Delicious Salads, Dressings and Dips"
More about Gabrielle Raiz...

“1. Classic Pine-Mint Smoothie This recipe is indeed a classic. Simple and reliably delicious and good for a newbie to green smoothies. Two cups is a lot of pineapple so it’s best to use a sweet(ish) one. If it’s too acid or sour then add more leaves and some sweetener. You could add dried figs or apricots or soft dates. See notes on the pages just before the recipes. 1 cup water 2 cups pineapple (fresh or frozen) 1 avocado 1 cup mint leaves 1 cup of spinach leaves or other mild green Ice and extra water to get to your desired temperature and consistency.” 0 likes