Start by marking “The Dog from Arf! Arf! to Zzzzzz” as Want to Read:
The Dog from Arf! Arf! to Zzzzzz

The Dog from Arf! Arf! to Zzzzzz

Arf!
Arf! Take a peek inside -- the dogs in this book are unlike any dogs you have ever seen. Who can resist page after page of these adorable pups? It's impossible not to have a favorite. Is it the tiny shih tzu or the big, fluffy Shetland sheepdog? This noisy alphabet book of dog sounds and commands will appeal to the dog lover in everyone. The Dog Artlist Collection fe
Published April 1st 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Dog from Arf! Arf! to Zzzzzz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog from Arf! Arf! to Zzzzzz

Lisa Vegan
Feb 23, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ages 0 to 4; dog lovers
This is such a cute alphabet book. I really love it.

From the Dalmatian front (face) and back (tail) covers, these dog photos are wonderful and the words that go with the letters are all dog related (C = come, I = itch, Y = yawn, etc. etc.) They did, as is typical, cheat with X.

At the back of the book, the breeds of the dogs in each photo are given.

I wish some mixed breeds were featured but that’s my only gripe.

This is a great alphabet board book (yes, read the board book edition!) and it’s suita
Amanda
I'm having a hard time reading anything these days, so when I saw this book lying on my friend Jini's floor, I couldn't resist picking it up. I thought to myself, "Jesus, Amanda, there's a book you can read start to finish in one sitting. Just read something already!" So I did. I read it in one sitting (twice)! All twenty-six pages of it. Plus the page at the end where they tell you which breed each puppy is. And gosh golly, I sure am glad I read it. I mean, it's no Dr. Seuss,
Dr. Seuss's ABC An Amazing Alphabet Book! by Dr. Seuss

but it is a doggo
Bix
May 28, 2008 Bix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the cutest alphabet book ever! Each letter is accompanied by a one- or two-word caption (A is 'Arf! Arf!', B is 'Beg.'), and an adorable photo of a puppy (many shot with a fisheye lens, making them even cuter). It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think mine has to be 'Oops.' I defy anyone to read this book and not smile the whole time. A wonderful storytime book for toddlers or preschoolers; the breeds in each photo are all listed in an index in the back, making this a good selection for ...more
Randy
This is just a fun photographic alphabet book. I wish were a member of the Dog Artist Collection. It consists of various fun photographs of puppies, primarily shot through fish-eye lenses or with other distortion, each accompanying a dog-related word (eat, fetch, good dog, howwwwwl!, etc.). Fun for the dog lover or anyone else; my daughter the cat lover was a bit less interested than I'd hoped.
Lydia
Jan 28, 2016 Lydia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books, animals
Lydia picked this book out and brought it to me. I had to get it for her. She loves flipping the pages and looking at all the different types of dogs. There is no story, just pictures of dogs with letters. It is not my favorite book to read, but Lydia loves it. She will sit by herself and turn the pages. This was on of her first words "Daw-gee"
Mary
Apr 03, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An alphabet book for the serious dog lover -- which includes most lower school students. The large color illustrations are quite humorous and incredibly adorable. The sparse text matches each page perfectly. I especially appreciated the list of breeds at the end.
Serena
May 17, 2011 Serena rated it it was amazing
Pictures of cute puppies!

PUPPIES! AHHHHHHHH!

At the end of the book it tells you which breeds of puppies were used. My favorite being the labrador retriever. You can't go wrong having puppies in a children's book.
Dee
May 01, 2010 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
The cutest picture was the second page with the litter of Westie pups! Though I be partial, who could resist those faces?
Teacher.
Apr 29, 2012 Teacher. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I am just not the right kind of dog person for this book, but lack of creativity, theme, or interesting words left me disappointed.
Magda
The pictures are cute, and Teddy is starting to pick up on the words associated with each picture, instead of just saying, "DOG!"
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2008
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2007
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
Nieka
Nieka rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2008
Robin Warnke
Robin Warnke rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Ariadne
Ariadne rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Miriam
Miriam rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Kristie
Great pics of dogs with very quick alphabetic descriptions. Good for babies and toddlers.
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Gavin
Gavin rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
xXRossiya AruXx
xXRossiya AruXx rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Cara Newsome
Cara Newsome rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2007
B
B rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Gwen
Gwen rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Denita
Denita rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2011
Kaethe
The alphabet board book to get if you toddler is crazy about dogs.
Magic3