Start by marking “A Travel Guide to Heaven for Kids” as Want to Read:
A Travel Guide to Heaven for Kids

A Travel Guide to Heaven for Kids

Soon after his popular A Travel Guide to Heaven was published, bestselling author Anthony DeStefano recognized that children also have many questions about heaven. In celebration of the tenth anniversary of that book, Anthony wrote this fun-filled, action story about a little boy named Joey who gets to take a whirlwind tour of heaven with his guardian angel, Gabby. Artist ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Travel Guide to Heaven for Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Travel Guide to Heaven for Kids

Shauna
Oct 02, 2013 Shauna rated it it was amazing
My kids and I enjoyed this book. It is filled with beautiful illustrations and really gets your imagination going as to who you will see one day in Heaven, and what you would like to be able to do when you get there. It certainly breaks the boring, stand around in white dresses singing in the clouds sort of image.

Is is Biblical? Well, he's used creative licence for sure. I'm sure roller coasters weren't ever specifically mentioned, but I do believe Heaven will be a wonderful place - and if that
Lisa Miller Chandler
Apr 30, 2013 Lisa Miller Chandler rated it really liked it
Shelves: blogged, netgalley
I received this book before actual publication date for honest review. My 7 year old son & I read it together. We both found the illustrations and story beautiful and heart warming.

The guardian angel and the pleasant descriptions of Heaven help to reassure children that death and the after life is beautiful and not to be feared. The wondrous delights and reunions awaiting in Heaven persuade kids to live good lives so they too can teach the glorious gates and enter Heaven themselves.

The sto
Marissa García
Dec 29, 2014 Marissa García rated it did not like it
This was a curious read. Heaven is depicted without religion being heavily involved, just one mention of Jesus. If it were less specific, it could serve a wider audience. If it were more specific, it would have a focus some readers might crave from reading this. Overall, it feels didactic and like a joke all at once, including a flying suitcase with angel wings, a roller coaster, hot air balloons, cotton candy and the chance to pet a dinosaur. I am not a fan.
Sarah Fox
Joey lays in bed wondering what heaven is really like. Gabby, his guardian angel takes him on a tour of heaven. I loved A Travel Guide to Heaven for Kids. It has beautiful illustrations and shows the joys, comforts, and beauty of Heaven.
Disclaimer: This book was won in a Facebook Giveaway. It was received free from the publisher; enjoyed and given as a Christmas Gift.
Glynda M Lloyd
Glynda M Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Ketti
Ketti rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2013
Marina
Marina rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Jessica Cardoso
Jessica Cardoso rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Nonnie
Nonnie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Jessie
Jessie added it
Aug 27, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Lacey Palumbo
Lacey Palumbo marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Bree Pitino
Bree Pitino marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Sylvia Blanco
Sylvia Blanco is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2014
Rohini Yuvaraj
Rohini Yuvaraj marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Jessica Vazquez
Jessica Vazquez marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Deville Aguillard
Deville Aguillard marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Chance
Chance marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Hani Farah
Hani Farah marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
S.
S. marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2016
Jimilia
Jimilia marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Diana Aju
Diana Aju marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Anthony DeStefano is the bestselling author of A Travel Guide to Heaven, Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To, Angels All Around Us, and the children's books, This Little Prayer of Mine, Little Star, The Donkey that No One Could Ride, and gift book, I Just Can't Take it Anymore. He has received many prestigious awards from religious organizations worldwide for his efforts to advance Christian ...more
More about Anthony DeStefano...