Start by marking “A Job for Jenny Archer (Jenny Archer #1)” as Want to Read:
A Job for Jenny Archer (Jenny Archer #1)

A Job for Jenny Archer (Jenny Archer #1)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Convinced that her family is poor because her parents refuse to get her a horse or a swimming pool, nine-year-old Jenny Archer follows her own path to making money, and plunges her house into the real estate market.
Published April 5th 2006 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about A Job for Jenny Archer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Job for Jenny Archer

Catherine  Mustread
Jenny's efforts of obtaining money include trying to sell her house. Grades 2+
Brandi
Another entry in the category of "children's books whose whole plot would be busted if the child protagonist just spoke openly with a parent or adult." In this short, quick chapter book for transitional readers, Jenny Archer misunderstands her mother's off-hand comments that the family couldn't afford a pool or fur coats to mean they are poor. So Jenny attempts to get a job so she can buy her mother a fur coat for her birthday. A series of frustrating, failed enterprises escalate to the very sti...more
Dolly
Oct 29, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Jenny wants to buy something very special, fancy, and expensive for her Mom's birthday. The problem is that she doesn't have any money. This book describes her experiences trying out different jobs and trying to save money. It also shows her buying a nice item from a garage sale, which is a good way for children to buy items that are gently used at a low price. It's an entertaining story with a good lesson that is not heavy handed with the message. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Sam
Slight, but pleasant enough. I'm sure kids would like it. It reminded me of a simpler time, when kids wandering around their own neighborhood by themselves wasn't a big deal.
Arlene Allen
I took my job as a children's librarian SERIOUSLY and read a ton of children's books, especially in the beginning, with no regards to quality.
Krispin
setp. 21-24 2009
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Lenybrook
Lenybrook marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Shaina
Shaina marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Abby Lopez
Abby Lopez marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Rajdep Singh
Rajdep Singh marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Shania
Shania marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Shania
Shania marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Roba
Roba added it
May 22, 2013
Zcwallock
Zcwallock marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Hbc
Hbc added it
Jun 21, 2013
Olga Chudzik
Olga Chudzik marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Sarah Beck
Sarah Beck marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
A Royal Pain Dear Lovey Hart, I Am Desperate Seven Days to a Brand New Me Hail, Hail Camp Timberwood To All My Fans, with Love, from Sylvie