Start by marking “The MacGregor Grooms” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The MacGregor Grooms

Nora Roberts

The MacGregor Grooms (The MacGregors #8)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,269 Ratings  ·  187 Reviews
Three MacGregor grandsons are heading for the biggest day of their lives in this heartwarming collection from #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts.
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME
Fresh from the success of sending his granddaughters down the aisle, Daniel MacGregor turns his matchmaking sights on his stubbornly single grandsons: D.C., Duncan and Ian.
ebook
Published April 1st 2012 by Portfolio (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The MacGregor Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The MacGregor Grooms

Maggie
Oct 16, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maggie by: Flannery
On Sunday, The Readventurer challenged us to read a book (or three) as part of their She Made Me Do It feature. Now, you know how I feel about a challenge. If you don't, here's a video that sums it up:
description
Basically, it's on like Donkey Kong. So yup, by later Sunday, I was done with one of the books of the CHALLENGE. Flannery picked a Nora Roberts book for me because whenever she would talk about Nora Roberts as one of her favorite romance authors, my reaction, never having read one of her books,
Dawn Michelle
Jul 21, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a spicy love story
Once again, the head of the MacGregor clan is at it again, this time with his grandsons. As hilarious as the granddaughter one, this too is a good, funny, easy read. Makes you believe in true love after all. :)

RE-READ July 19th, 2008..New review below:

I am SOOOOOOOOOO behind for this month. I have had my mother here for 3 weeks and the book I am reading is just a LOT slower than the first two in the series. I read this Nora Roberts book just to get another book in. I needed some fluff in the mid
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Pooja
Feb 19, 2015 Pooja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was my second visit with the MacGregor clan after just finishing NR's MacGregor Brides and I've got to say spending time reading about how Daniel MacGregor meddles in the lives of three more of his grandchildren (D.C., Duncan, and Ian) was more fun this time around.

Like MacGregor Brides, we get three stories in one of three MacGregor males this time, however the stories were not written chocolate box style with great focus on the holidays in this book. This is probably the reason I liked t
Cheesecake
BORING!!!!
Liked the male leads but the women were dull as dishwater. Not sure what the heck was wrong with the first two female leads but they were just plain stupid and unbelievable. They had absolutely no sense of humour and no true reason that I could discern for walking around with a stick up their ass.
The last story with Ian was the best of the three. But even so, it did not make up for the other two. Wish it had been the first story before I lost my patience.
Ofelia
Apr 30, 2016 Ofelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another success for Daniel MacGregor paring off his grandchildren and starting them off with their families.
-A
Mar 15, 2015 -A rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let me be clear and straight-forward here. I hated this book. I hated it so much that I didn't make it even to page 100 and I tried really hard. I did. (I love books and I believe that you should give them a chance but I'm not a masochist.)

1. It was not imaginative. It was borderline offensive.
--So the grandpa decides to meddle in his grandson's lovelife and his main argument is that he needs to get married and settle down. Such a banal and stupid argument. Really? If there was some other motiva
Anna
Aug 30, 2008 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently today is abandon-the-crappy-book-you-are-reading-day but hopefully given the genre, people will not blame me for giving up on this book. This was my first (and last) Nora Roberts read. It was incredibly boring. No character development. Lame dialogue. Lame descriptions of sex scenes. Lame problems. Just really lame. Would not recommend this author.
Juliana Philippa
I debated between 2.5 and 3 stars --- I liked two of the stories and the last one really had potential, but in my opinion there is just NO WAY that you can present two characters, have them meet and get to know one another, and watch them believably fall in love in only ~100 pages!! At least, that's my take.
Kai
Sep 03, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these stores in the series. We find that Daniel is still trying to meddle and has moved onto his grandsons. The book is divided into three for D.J, Duncan and Ian. I found each one the stories really good and funny reads. Finding myself laughing out loud at times especially as each grandson didnt realise they had been set up till they had fallen in love. Great stories, I especially loved Duncan's story and how their story was similar to Justin and Serenas. Cannot wait to continue in the ...more
Jen
Jun 19, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
In this three-in-one, Daniel MacGregor is at it again. This time he's set his sights on three of his grandsons. It's high time they were married and Daniel has the women all picked out.

First there's DC. The moody artist that has recently returned to Washington. It's there that his family is and it's there where he's decided to settle. When the MacGregor calls him up for a favor, DC figures that Daniel is up to his old tricks of matchmaking, but the MacGregor has changed his strategy. He's decide
Cyndy Aleo
May 20, 2011 Cyndy Aleo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts is probably best known for her series books. Usually written in trilogies, Roberts has created one large, sprawling family headed by Daniel MacGregor (known as "The MacGregor") who not only has a story of his own, but also plays matchmaker for his children and grandchildren. The MacGregor Grooms tells the story of three such matches that The MacGregor makes for three of his grandsons.

::: Three Stubborn Men Fall in Love :::

The MacGregor Grooms is bro
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Cinta Daniel Macgregor kepada keluarganya sangat besar. Dan setelah cucu2nya dewasa, keinginannya yang paling utama adalah melihat mereka semua menikah dan memiliki anak2 disekeliling kaki mereka, termasuk 3 cucu laki2 favoritenya (bukankah dia selalu mengatakan kepada setiap cucunya, mereka adalah cucu favoritenya hah!)
Dalam buku ini, Daniel dengan cerdik menjodohkan 3 cucu laki2nya, DC putra tertua Alan dan Shelby, Duncan putra kedua Serena dan Justin, dan Ian putra bungsu Caine dan Diana.
Dala
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Sono responsabile dei miei cari e della loro felicità; se chiudessi gli occhi davanti ai miei impegni non mi chiamerei più Daniel MacGregor."

La vecchia volpe MacGregor colpisce ancora! XD Probabilmente se fossi uno dei suoi nipoti o dei suoi figli l'avrei già soffocato con il cuscino nottetempo ma da osservatrice esterna quale sono trovo alquanto spassose le sue macchinazioni oltre che incredibilmente intuitive visto che si concludono sempre in un sicuro successo! XD Il primo obiettivo è il suo
Ada E Williams
May 12, 2016 Ada E Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book.

I enjoyed this look. The entire series has been great. I love the way the entire family is described in there sharing and close relationships. There is so much warmth and caring among all of them. The siblings in many families have had that wonderfulness chance. Thanks for such a great read.
Brenda Ramirez
Oct 01, 2011 Brenda Ramirez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-hr
well the first book was of D.C aka daniel campbell Mcgregor son of alan and shelby. D.C is a arist and his soon to be wife manage the drake family industry. They both r set up in a date by D.C grandfather daniel and her godmother Myra. Both there relatives r working together to set them up togther. daniel tells his grandson he has no intention to set him up with her because she's too wrong for him. he of course believes him n starts falling in love with her. she is told by her godmother tat dani ...more
Aerien
Oct 08, 2014 Aerien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Még sose olvastam Nora Roberts könyvet. De nem bántam meg. :) Mondjuk egy sorozat közepébe léptem bele, de nekem így is nagyon tetszett.
Kedvencem nekem is a nagy MacGregor lett. Nagyon agyafúrtan szervezkedett, és végül mindig igaza lett.
Kíváncsi vagyok a többi részre.
Stephanie
Feb 02, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great novel. I laughed, I cried, and I giggled some more. Reading this novel made me wish my family was the MacGregors. I long to meet my own Ian, and that was definitely my favourite story out of the three in this book. I'm glad his was the last to read (despite the fact that it made me stay up an hour later than I should have so I could finish the story). If you want a great romantic read, this is def on the top of my suggestion list :D
Angie
Jun 25, 2015 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm so tired of tropes like "I'll never fall in love" or "it's so sexy when you didn't listen while I said no but now I'm enjoying this unwanted kiss SO MUCH."

Some amusing parts though. Some steamy trashy sex would've bumped the rating up a notch, I tell you what.
Kai
Sep 03, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
A great quick easy re-read about the wonderful family The MacGregor's and the crazy old Daniel who is back to his matchmaking ways. This was similar to the granddaughter book with three stories, three grandson's. I loved all three of the stories: D.C who is set up with Layla a goddaughter of a family friend. Duncan who is set up with Cat in a very similar way to his parents, which I loved. Then finally Ian who is set up with insecure Naomi.

I loved each of the stories, especially as each grandso
Amanda Kern
Mar 25, 2015 Amanda Kern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great classic

I read this once when I was in high school. I was drawn to it again. And again I enjoyed it. I only gave it 4 stars because I did not really like the middle story. The ending story made me cry a little though.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
2 STARS

I did not care for this series. I felt that there was more romance than story which did not interest me. I did finish the series to see if it gets any better and also felt obligated to finish series at that time in my life.
ms bookjunkie
Story: Old favorite comfort read. I do love it when The MacGregor matchmakes. 4.5 stars

Narration: Great basic narrative. Good to great accents, distinct voices from acceptable to good to great. 4-4.5 stars
Marlene S. Luchenbill
All three Grandsons got hoodwinked by Grandpa.

Like I have said before I love the MacGregor family. Grandpa Daniel MacGregor wants his grandchildren married and babies. Good stories.
Natalie
Short romances featuring the male grandchildren of the MacGregor Family. I liked Ian's story the best. I think I would have preferred longer stories where you got to see the couple more.
Alayne
Jun 12, 2016 Alayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another light-hearted romantic read. The Macgregor grandsons this time are the targets of their grandfather's scheming to find them the perfect spouse. Very enjoyable.
Shirl
Mar 29, 2014 Shirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stories of 3 MacGregor grandsons all who are of marriageable age. The MacGregor finds each the ideal girl, sets the stage and watches what happens. Fun.
Mirela
May 19, 2016 Mirela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the MacGregor's!! I want the stories to never end! Daniel MacGregor's ghost has to be a thing setting up the great grandkids!
Cherie
Ok. Not as good as the Brides series. The Grooms weren't very interesting: an artist, a gambler, and a lawyer.
Shayla Crespo echavarria
me han fascinado los personajes y sus historias..
Sigo diciendo que Daniel MacGregors es el mejor personaje
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Ambushed! (McCalls' Montana #3)
  • The Manning Brides (Those Manning Men, #1-2)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • The Viking Takes a Knight (Viking I, #9)
  • Family Man
  • Beyond The Boardroom (Dynasties: The Elliotts #12)
  • Nora Roberts
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The MacGregors (9 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)