Start by marking “Night Smoke” as Want to Read:
Night Smoke

Night Smoke (Night Tales #4)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,583 ratings  ·  38 reviews
"Known for her ability to deliver a rich and satisfying story" ("Publishers Weekly"), #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts delivers a classic tale of danger and desire.
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME
After someone torches her warehouse, executive Natalie Fletcher needs help from arson investigator Ryan Piasecki. But when Ry's arrogance and Natalie's
ebook
Published April 1st 2012 by Portfolio (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Night Smoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Smoke

Saly
I really enjoyed this, the romance was really good and fun.
Natalie runs her family's business and is dedicated, Ry is a firefighter turned arson investigator and they meet when her warehouse is set on fire and sparks fly between them. Both of them are opposites but well suited, somehow without knowing it they fall into a relationship, with Natalie smiling more and not being so much into working and both of them scared of telling each other what they feel.
I really liked how Ry grovelled and Natal
Pınar
Klasik dolayısıyla güzel bir Nora hikayesiydi. İlk kitabın yakışıklısı Boyd'un kız kardeşi Natalie'ye yapılan saldırıları konu alıyordu. Kundakçılık müfettişi Ryan Piasecki olunca alevler asıl onların arasında yükseldi (:

Polisiye kısmının çok hoşuma gittiğini söylemeliyim. Romantik kısmında biraz sorunluydu. kitaplarda erkek ya da kadın karakterin hayır biz birlikte olamayız teranelerine bir türlü anlam veremiyorum. Evde bekleyen çocuğun mu var, tercihlerin mi değişik ya da ölümcül hastalığın mı
Jessica B
This was one of my favourite reads from Nora Roberts. I was expecting just an okay read but ended up enjoying this one quite a bit. Many of the other lead characters from the Night Tales series could be found throughout the book and that always makes a series more fun!

Ry is an arson investigator who is investigating a fire at one of the buildings Natalie Fletcher is using to start a new lingerie business. They are instantly drawn to each other but can't stand each other all at the same time.

The
Mojca
I just can't stop repeating just how great this series is. You'd think that something written in the nineties wouldn't ring "right" nowadays, sounding a bit backwater at the least, but this series is just timeless.

This was yet another winner with a strong, stubborn, determined female lead, and a hunky, yummy arson investigator as leading man. Throw in an arson mystery, some explosive chemistry, a visit from much-loved characters, a little twist of insecurities, and a villain you won't see coming
Adèle
same story as the previous ones from the series
Sonia Cristina

Mais um livro espetacular! Não tanto como o segundo livro, acho difícil algum chegar ao ponto espetacular que esse é, mas muito bom. É o meu segundo preferido na série.

Gostei muito da relação de Ry e Natalie e a trama por trás do romance, dos incêndios nas propriedades de Natalie foi também muito boa - podia ter sido um pouco mais trabalhada mas esteve bem mesmo assim. Não acertei no criminoso, bolas!; desconfiei de uma pessoa desde que apareceu pela primeira vez e estive mesmo convencida que er
Tonya Warner
Natalie Fletcher is a woman on a mission. She has to get her business up and running, while someone seems to want to send it up in flames.

Ryan Piasecki is an arson investigator. Finding himself wrapped up with Natalie Fletcher, he feels that he is the one going up in flames. Trying to keep her safe, and find out who is behind the fires in her buildings, is difficult when he finds he just wants to be with her.

A nice story.
Jess
This series is part of her weird Batman-esque one, but I really like this book. Heiress/lingerie businesswoman and arson investigator! Adults being adults! This is a good Nora category if you want to read one.
Kaitlin Rose
Actual Rating: 3.5
Awful cover. Good story, but not her best. She did another, later novel (Blue Smoke, I think) featuring firefighters and an arson case that I enjoyed much more.
Teresa
Estes primeiros livros de suspense / mistério, são um excelente pronúncio da excelente escritora que a NR se iria tornar mais tarde.
Adoro este estilo em o romance se mistura q.b. com o suspense e o mistério.
Polly
Chasing fires, setting fires, catching the person responsible and finding out why. Sparks fly! A great addition to the series.

Liza Wiemer
4th book in the Night Tales series. I liked this one. Firefighter w/ business tycoon. I'll be reading the whole series.
Elena Ramírez
El primer libro de novela erótica que leí hace siglos!
Caitlin
Quick and dirty read.
Christine Biggs
Well, I'm amazed at how good this book is since it was originally published a while ago and I usually think her newer books are more well-written... but this one had two excellent characters with enough tension to make their coming together that much sweeter. The plot moved along at just the right pace, altho the mystery of who dunnit was a little more obvious than most. But still, it was a very satisfying read. If you haven't taken the Nora Roberts plunge, I highly recommend this one as a good ...more
April
Enjoyable read, but short on substance.
Tanvi
Brilliant! Amazing! Wonderful! Lovely protagonists, loved the mingling of characters from previous books of this series..couldn't put it down!! ^_^
Marian
Excellent addition to the series
Jen
Ry and Natalie are the central characters in this one. Ryan is an arson investigator who meets Natalie (Boyd's sister) when her warehouse goes up in flames. As Nat is hit by the arsonist again and again, it's up to Ry to figure out who and why Nat has become a target.
Melis
Hem komik, hem duygusal, hem sinir ettirecek hemde aşık olucağım bi kitaptı. Boyd'tan sonra gönlümü çalan ikinci erkek karakterim Ryan :D Sonlara doğru saçmalasa da sevdim keretayı. Şimdi son kitapta sıra :D
Timendu
I like this series because in them I find the seeds of the In Death series. It's nice to see the beginning of a thing, and know that it can be worked on, and improved on till it becomes something better.

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Night tales set is a good romance with just a little paranormal to it. In this one, we have a fireman - okay, he's an inspector, but still. FIREMAN! Lovely story and a quick read.
Tania Martins
De todas as histórias desta Saga foi a que mais me fascinou...gostei muito da dinâmica entre a Nat e o Ryan! E de toda as cenas relacionadas com o fogo nomeadamente a parte final!
Emily
I love this book! I'm usually not into romance novels, but this one was really good. I am love with Ry... he's my kind of guy!!!
Rachel Rogers
Urbana didn't bother me as much in this as the first time. Good story, good characters, realistic tension. Glad to see Natalie return.

Donna
Excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The suspense, love, and relationships kept my attention, a well written book.
Alice
Roberts' imagination must've gotten away from her. A human transformed into a superhuman after an accident? Really?
Terri
read it yesterday on my day off...couldn't put it down til i was finished...part of the night tales series
Flopperstein (Shajeela)
My first book of his year and it sucked. Predictable plot and the saddest excuse of an ending.
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Winter's Edge
  • Mother, Please!
  • Wanted Woman (Cascades Concealed #3)
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • The Secret Spanish Love Child (Modern Romance)
  • Bump in the Night (includes In Death, #22.5)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • A Woman's Estate (Royal Dynasty, #5)
  • The Disobedient Bride
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
  • Private S.W.A.T. Takeover (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #3) (The Precinct #9)
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's Series)
  • Dante's Wedding Deception (The Dante Legacy #3)
  • Wrangling the Redhead (The Calamity Janes, #5)
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

Night Tales (6 books)
  • Night Shift (Night Tales, #1)
  • Night Shadow (Night Tales, #2)
  • Nightshade (Night Tales, #3)
  • Night Shield (Night Tales, #5)
  • Night Moves