Start by marking “The Entity Within (Entity, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Entity Within (Entity, #2)

The Entity Within (Entity #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  200 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Is Love Something…

Zoe Adams and her grandmother Irma are witches who have been banished from Boston. With nowhere to go, they accept an invitation to come to Chicago…but what they don’t realize is that their new space puts them right in the heart of the most dangerous spot of all: Vamptown.

You Can Sink Your Teeth Into?

Damon Thornheart is just that—virtually untouchable whe
Published July 2nd 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Entity Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Entity Within

Kel (Bookworm)
I would've given this more stars but some of the story was not continued from the first book. It wasn't anything big but it would have been nice to find out what happened with Daniella's dad and his marriage.
Sobia
Jul 19, 2013 Sobia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Real quick, my 2 issues:
The H was supposed to be frustrating and irritating but I thought hat he was more of a douche.

Plus how fast the h and H going from adversarial to together wasn't believable .... Like one sec they were enemies the next the next they're ily- ing each other.

So despite not liking this one as much as the first book, the excerpt for the next one totally convinced me to give it a try :)
Cheryl
Jul 22, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zoe and her grandmother have moved to Vamptown. It is not like Zoe had any choice. They had no where else to go. Besides that Zoe did not even know that they were moving to Vamptown. It is just that witches and vampires do not really mix. They are like oil and water.

Damon is the head of security in Vamptown. His number one priority is to make sure there is no trouble. Zoe and her grandmother have barely moved in and already they are getting on Damon’s nerves, especially Zoe. He has not felt som
Jen
Aug 27, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

The Entity Within is the second novel in the Entity series from author Cat Devon and has a vampire who just happens to be a demon hunter locking horns (pun intended) with a witch who hasn't practiced her craft in two years. Damon Thornheart makes it pretty clear that he doesn't trust Zoe Adams or her grandmother and that he would rather have them as far away from Vamptown as possible. But when a Book of Darkness inexplicably appears and then d
Krista
Feb 28, 2014 Krista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very cute story about Zoe Adams, her Grandma Irma,(these two sassy ladies are the witches), Damon Thornheart, Nick, Bruce,Pat and other resident Vampires, And the really sweet Daniella A half human half druid high bred!! Zoe and Irma have come to this tiny slice of heaven due to some interesting turns of events and by Irma reaching out to an old friend Nick, who just so happens to have a house these two lovely witches can rent. Oh did I mention the house is in Vamptown, and they would ...more
Lisa Annesley
3.5s

I enjoyed this second book in the Entity series, but not quite as much as Sleeping with the Entity. Zoe and Damon bickered a lot, and I didn't really feel the attraction between them.

The other problem I had with the book is that a section of back story appeared twice, almost verbatim. That's easy enough to do when you're writing and trying to decide where something should be placed. But for it to have slipped past the editing phase, the beta readers, and the editor is surprising. Especially
Lenna Wright-Berry
This was amazing book I cant wait for more. Zoe comes to Vamptown from Boston when her coven semi-banished her and her grandmother from town. Now her grandmother took Nicks invite for them to move into Vamptown rent free cause Nick and her grandmother Irma were friends for years. Anyways Zoe didnt know vampires existed until now but now she has a personal hater in Damon. Damon has been betrayed by a witch a long time ago that sent him to hell and was tortured until his sire came to rescue him, s ...more
Kate
Mar 03, 2015 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
3.5 stars!

I got this book on sale at Walmart, for about $4. Who doesn't want books on sale?! Anyway, so I picked it up and rather enjoyed it. I didn't go in with a serious attitude, but rather a 'I know this is probably not going to be so good" one. There were a lot of silly parts that made me roll my eyes. For example, library school and library science is just one of the many examples. Also, the cliches! Their last name is Adams, they have a cat named Bella and Morticia (adam's family - tv sho
Amy
May 14, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read the third book in this series first and I thought the third book was such a wonderful, quick & easy read; so much better written than the first two. I could barely get through this second book.
Heather Heal
Mar 17, 2014 Heather Heal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF, too light, fluffy. I like my vampire heroes alpha and a bit dark, not juvenile (arguing with the speaking cat caused me to throw the book across the room.
Gwynn
May 07, 2014 Gwynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars... almost a 4. Good story just a really quick read. Would have like a little more.
Theresa Hurley
Sep 28, 2015 Theresa Hurley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book! Loved Damon and Zoe!
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Entity Within by Cat Devon

Vampires, and witches, and demons. Oh my.
Zoe Adams and her Grandmother moved to Vamptown after being banished by their coven. In the unpacking, they find a unfamiliar book that accidentally lets demons into the world. Good thing Damon Thornheart recently moved to Vamptown to head their security because he's a demon hunter that can help clean up the town and keep it safe.
An adventure with magic spells, a talking cat and sarcastic humor.
Beth
Aug 18, 2013 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-longer-own
This book was slightly better written than Book 1 in the series (Sleeping with the Entity). There were areas of the book that I found exceptionally annoying because of the random nonsensical comments by the various characters tossed in at odd intervals and by the last minute plot ideas that are tossed in to try to make the story make sense. The base story was good, the writer just needs to mature the writing style.
Sandy
Nov 16, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cat-devon-entity
This book was much better than the 1st one in the series. (less cupcakes) I liked both the lead characters and there was less of a "cutesy" feel to the story. The author did a better job in making the plot a little bit more, "paranormal" but there was still some elements I felt that were quirky in nature. Overall the series has a more light and quirky feel, but it is heading in a better direction with book #2.
Jeanne
Jan 24, 2014 Jeanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, funny, sexy!
Carrie
Jul 12, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i feel a little spoiled that the first & second books were available right away & now i have to wait til january for the the 3rd story. *laugh* enjoyed this one as much as the first. dialogue, sparks, loved it! wish there'd been a liiiiittle less animosity btwn the main characters, but it didn't diminish my enjoyment! : )
Paige
Jun 05, 2015 Paige rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books

I can deal with wasting my time reading this series, but I really wish I wouldn’t have wasted my money on it.

Book two wasn’t much better than book one. The writing is elementary, the story line forced and the romance nearly non-existent.
Barbara's Book Obsession
The book kept my interest and had some good laughs in it. I felt the sex scenes could have been a bit more steamy. But I love the series so far and can't wait to read the next book.
Mary Jo Burke
Aug 02, 2013 Mary Jo Burke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series about vampires, witches, and cupcakes. Oh My!
Chris Mead
Review coming soon!
Sonya
Sonya added it
Jan 26, 2016
Simona F.
Simona F. marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Thefykes
Thefykes rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Sandi
Sandi rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Linda Thomas
Linda Thomas rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
  • Vampire King of New York
  • We Own the Night (Night Songs Collection, #3)
  • Blood in the Stars
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)
  • Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • Unscathed
  • Sunder
  • Dreams of Ivory (Holiday, Montana, #5)
  • The Fall
  • Vampire Next Door
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)
  • Far From Heaven
  • Human Shifter (A Werewolf BBW Shifter Romance, #3)
  • West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2)
  • The Saddest Song
Cat Devon was a pseudonym for the award-winning author Cathie Linz. A former librarian and confessed bookaholic, she had a weakness for wickedly sexy vampires, imported dark chocolate and decadent cupcakes. She and her family lived in the Chicago area.

More about Cat Devon...

Entity (5 books)
  • Sleeping with the Entity (Entity, #1)
  • The Entity Who Came for Christmas (Entity, #2.5)
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • Tall, Dark and Immortal (Entity, #4)