Start by marking “The Warsaw Conspiracy (The Poland Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
The Warsaw Conspiracy (The Poland Trilogy #3)

The Warsaw Conspiracy (The Poland Trilogy #3)

Engaging and opulent, THE WARSAW CONSPIRACY unfolds as a family saga set against the November Rising (1830-1831), partitioned Poland’s daring challenge to the Russian Empire. Brilliantly iIlustrating the psyche of a people determined to reclaim independence in the face of monumental odds, the story portrays two brothers and their fates in love and war. Michał is a seasoned ...more
Published December 10th 2012 by Hussar Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Warsaw Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warsaw Conspiracy

Laura Mcewen-miller
Jun 24, 2013 Laura Mcewen-miller rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. As the third book of a great trilogy it was all I hoped for;except another continuation. Enough history to interest me but very fluid and easy to read. Martin did an excellent job in maintaining his characters who I fell in love with in Push Not The River. I would recommend to anyone with an interest in European history, but they must read them all to get the full effect.
Ubiquitousbastard
Jun 25, 2013 Ubiquitousbastard rated it liked it
Shelves: history, fiction, europe, war
This book covers a time and place in history that I'm not altogether familiar with: the Polish revolt of the 1830's. It starts with the small beginnings of revolution with a few cadets (it's always them) and goes through the (view spoiler) end of the revolt. Like many novels about eastern Europe, it centers around the lives of members of an extended family.

What I didn't like about it: there were moments that just felt clumsily done. Sometimes it would be an event, so
Betty Strohecker
Feb 22, 2015 Betty Strohecker rated it it was amazing
The time is 1830-31 when there is even greater upheaval in Poland. Russia has taken over large portions of the country causing deprivation, starvation, and the ultimate sacrifice for many of its citizens as they struggle for mere survival. Still Anna struggles to maintain her family as the story emphasis shifts to her grown children. Each one must face his/her own challenges. This panoramic story of one family's strength, devotion, and sacrifice draws to a close in book 3. These books remain clo ...more
J Victor Tomaszek
Dec 31, 2012 J Victor Tomaszek rated it it was amazing
The Warsaw Conspiracy is an uplifting tale of a very moral and patriotic early 19th century Polish family living under the subjugation of Russian domination. Martin keeps the dramatic tension high throughout the novel with a budding love story set against the ever present fear of imprisonment or worse as an uprising against the oppressive Russian invaders threatens and then comes to fruition. With strong, well-painted characters that you care about, the author makes you turn each page with curio ...more
Lee
Jan 07, 2013 Lee rated it liked it
This book shared a part of European history that I wasn't familiar with. While I enjoyed the book, it wasn't quite as rich in character development as the previous two in the series. The characters were wooden and forced and the plot held few surprises. Looking forward to a fresh start in Martin's next book.
gerry
Dec 12, 2014 gerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Historic fiction that teaches Polish history

The trilogy is suspenseful and educational with colorful characters. A better way to study history than any Western Civilization text book. This story gives the reader an intense look into the people and the heart of Poland.
Robert Johnson
Feb 01, 2013 Robert Johnson rated it it was amazing
The Warsaw Conspiracy" is the third book of a trilogy that also includes "Push Not The River" and "Against a Crimson Sky". I highly recommend all three!
Karolyn
Jan 06, 2013 Karolyn rated it really liked it
Great ending to the Trilogy!
Thomas Walsh
Mar 08, 2017 Thomas Walsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part One of this saga, "Push Not The River" introduced us to two powerful women characters: Anna, orphaned, who must restart her aristocratic life at the home of her relatives and Zofia/Sofia, who becomes friends with Anna. However, they fall in love with the same man, Jan, and the plot explodes! With part two of the Polish saga, to be finalized by part three, "The Warsaw Conspiracy", we see a world Tolstoy froze in "War and Peace": the Eastern move of Napoleon to his final defeat in Russia and ...more
Dawn Campbell
Apr 07, 2016 Dawn Campbell rated it liked it
Another great book for this wonderful Trilogy but definitely the weakest of the three. As much as I love Michal he was not given enough focus for me to feel we truly got to know him. This is in part because the family has grown and we have POV for several characters. I can say the same for the other children now grown.

The choice to give us those additional POV is a good one but this book should likely have been longer so we could have settled in a bit with each character and the events of the Wa
Chanticleer Editorial  Book Reviews
This gem could be read as a stand-alone novel even though it is James Conroyd Martin’s conclusion to his gripping historical saga on Poland. The Warsaw Conspiracy  is preceded by Push Not the River and Against a Crimson Sky; you do not need to read the first two books in the trilogy to appreciate and enjoy it, but why would you cheat yourself out the total immersion?

The book covers the Polish revolt of the 1830’s, known as the November Rising or the Cadet Revolt. Martin uses this tumultuous time
Danielle Gonzalez
Jun 06, 2015 Danielle Gonzalez rated it really liked it
This is the third and final book in the story that follows Anna and her family. Her children have grown and they are now finding their places in the events of Poland - the November Rising. Against her wishes, Anna's youngest son, Josef is in cadet school heading to a career in the military. Anna's husband has been arrested and is feared to be imprisoned in Siberia. Michal still carries the burden of feeling he is to blame for the death of Anna's other son, Tadek. With that burden, he does everyt ...more
Amberle Husbands
Apr 18, 2014 Amberle Husbands rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I became much more invested in this story than I'd initially thought I would. I haven't read either the firs tor second novels in this series, but won a copy of The Warsaw Conspiracy as part of a Goodreads giveaway. The story is completely addicting, even with history having already spoiled the outcome for everyone. And the characters were well-enough developed that after a few chapters I really didn't mind having not read the first two books (although I would still like to, especially the first ...more
Joyce
Jan 10, 2013 Joyce rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read to complete the trilogy of Poland's struggle to maintain it's freedom as an independent nation. Poland is of interest to me personally because my ancestors were Kashubes who emigrated from the Hel Peninsula region of the country.
I liked how the author developed Iza into as strong a character as her aunt is in the previous books. I'm always drawn to historical fiction, particularly when based on real-life instances and individuals' lives... one learns much about life by reading hi
L F
Feb 11, 2016 L F rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compact History of Poland 1830

This book is an account of the last major uprising until modern times. It tells of the year long Polish Patriots uprising against Russia which was doomed from the beginning. The last book of the trilogy finally returns to the personal story of the Stenicki Family. This is well researched historical novel for anyone who enjoys "very close to truth " account of Polish War.
Robbi Freeman
Jan 26, 2013 Robbi Freeman rated it it was ok
This was the ending? It still left you with many questions and felt really rushed. It was based on the cadet revolution and really most of the characters, I had grew to love, were just glossed over. He should have just stopped at the first book that he had a guide to go by. I did like Zofia's ending.
Margolcia
Aug 17, 2015 Margolcia rated it liked it
Po sutym, smakowitym i wyszukanym posiłku, na stole pojawił się mało udany deserek. Taka właśnie jest ta książka. Bohaterowie okrzepli, postarzeli się, dojrzali. Przez zamglone firanki przesącza się nieco atmosfery poprzednich dwóch tomów. Jednak to już nie ta sama historia. Niestety...

Polskie tłumaczenie Michała Kompanowskiego. Wydawnictwo Bellona.
Ginger Weirich
Mar 31, 2016 Ginger Weirich rated it it was amazing
Major big sigh. As with the first two in this trilogy, I was thoroughly captivated from the very first page. The trials kept coming, one upon another, without ceasing. The ending was bittersweet, and, as I predicted after the second book, I am left feeling quite bereft and wiping tears. I will definitely look for more from this author. 5 stars.
Mina
May 03, 2013 Mina rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
It was wonderful to read the final installment of this epic saga....full of historical details, the sacrifices made by this family....the struggle of the Poles against Russia....would love to see this made into a t.v movie series...loved how Anna and Zofia's families become intertwined...looking forward to read the authors next book...
maryglick
Jul 17, 2015 maryglick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I wanted a summer read that lasted for a bit longer. This turned out to be the most amazing book. My husband is Of Polish decent so that is partly why I chose it. The characters maintained their integrity through out the three volumes. Actually, I thought it would last the summer, but I could not put them down.
April
Mar 02, 2014 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy. It was well researched. The characters are real and you become wrapped up in their lives during the Napoleonic Wars. You learn a lot about the character of the Polish people and the turmoil they suffered during these wars. I highly recommend these novels to anybody who enjoys historic fiction.
Gilbert Gutierrez
Expansive

The love by its citizens of a constantly conquered nation is told through the eyes of Anna and her family. The history of Poland through its many partitions comes alive as the political history is intertwined with the social history.
j. Diane Lee
May 02, 2016 j. Diane Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A moving fast paced historical adventure.

Historical novels written through the eyes of a family - make the adventure more personal. I enjoyed this series much more than Michener's, Poland.
Beverly G. Mendenhall
Historical fiction at its finest. Well developed characters. I would recommend the

3 books to anyone polish. The end is anticlimactic but appropriate. The polish stubbornness for identity and love of homeland is commendable.
Mindi
Feb 06, 2013 Mindi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I admit I struggled at first but after I got into it, I really did enjoy the romance and suspense! So interesting to learn of the struggles of other countries. ~ And easier to read it in a historical fiction form : )
Anntonette
Jun 29, 2013 Anntonette rated it liked it
I was happy to read the last book in this series -- a nice way to tie up the based-on-fact historical fiction of a family who could have been like my paternal ancestors. A glimpse into what my family's past may have been like.
Sally
Dec 30, 2016 Sally rated it really liked it
Doglette Wright
Jul 29, 2016 Doglette Wright rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellence!!

What a powerfully deep and moving series. So well written and richly painted. A veritable tapestry. Loved every minute of it.
Linda  Fitzgerald
Mar 05, 2016 Linda Fitzgerald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Educational read

A well written story regarding the Polish History and allowed me to begin to understand a little of the country.
Goodreads Feedback: Genre Placement 2 144 Dec 26, 2012 12:05PM
  • A Perfect Armenian
  • City of Ladies (The Cross and the Crown, #2)
  • Cheese Obsession: The Complete Guide with 100 Recipes for Every Course
  • A Song of Sixpence: The Story of Elizabeth of York and Perkin Warbeck
  • Bewitched
  • Centurion's Daughter
  • Etiquette with the Devil (The Ravensdales, #1)
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • War of Hearts
  • Tempting
  • Uncommon Youth: The Gilded Family, Go-Go Life, and Gut-wrenching Kidnapping of J. Paul Getty III
  • The Cinderella Debutante
  • The Red Kimono: A Novel
  • Searching for Calamity: The Life and Times of Calamity Jane
  • Queen of Bedlam (Georgian Queens #1)
  • Trapping a Duchess
  • Queen of Swords
  • Highlander's Captive
James Conroyd Martin is the author of Push Not the River, a novel based on the diary of Anna Berezowska, a Polish countess who lived through the rise and fall of the Third of May Constitution. After working on the project for some years without raising interest within the publishing community, Martin self-published in 2001. Just one year later, St. Martin’s Press purchased the book and released a ...more
More about James Conroyd Martin...

The Poland Trilogy (3 books)
  • Push Not the River (The Poland Trilogy, #1)
  • Against a Crimson Sky (The Poland Trilogy, #2)