Start by marking “The Warsaw Conspiracy” as Want to Read:
The Warsaw Conspiracy

The Warsaw Conspiracy (The Poland Trilogy #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Engaging and opulent, THE WARSAW CONSPIRACY unfolds as a family saga set against the November Rising (1830-1831), partitioned Poland’s daring challenge to the Russian Empire. Brilliantly iIlustrating the psyche of a people determined to reclaim independence in the face of monumental odds, the story portrays two brothers and their fates in love and war. Michał is a seasoned ...more
Published December 10th 2012 by Hussar Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about The Warsaw Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warsaw Conspiracy

Laura Mcewen-miller
I loved this book. As the third book of a great trilogy it was all I hoped for;except another continuation. Enough history to interest me but very fluid and easy to read. Martin did an excellent job in maintaining his characters who I fell in love with in Push Not The River. I would recommend to anyone with an interest in European history, but they must read them all to get the full effect.
Ubiquitousbastard
This book covers a time and place in history that I'm not altogether familiar with: the Polish revolt of the 1830's. It starts with the small beginnings of revolution with a few cadets (it's always them) and goes through the (view spoiler) end of the revolt. Like many novels about eastern Europe, it centers around the lives of members of an extended family.

What I didn't like about it: there were moments that just felt clumsily done. Sometimes it would be an event, so
J Victor Tomaszek
The Warsaw Conspiracy is an uplifting tale of a very moral and patriotic early 19th century Polish family living under the subjugation of Russian domination. Martin keeps the dramatic tension high throughout the novel with a budding love story set against the ever present fear of imprisonment or worse as an uprising against the oppressive Russian invaders threatens and then comes to fruition. With strong, well-painted characters that you care about, the author makes you turn each page with curio ...more
Betty Strohecker
The time is 1830-31 when there is even greater upheaval in Poland. Russia has taken over large portions of the country causing deprivation, starvation, and the ultimate sacrifice for many of its citizens as they struggle for mere survival. Still Anna struggles to maintain her family as the story emphasis shifts to her grown children. Each one must face his/her own challenges. This panoramic story of one family's strength, devotion, and sacrifice draws to a close in book 3. These books remain clo ...more
Lee
This book shared a part of European history that I wasn't familiar with. While I enjoyed the book, it wasn't quite as rich in character development as the previous two in the series. The characters were wooden and forced and the plot held few surprises. Looking forward to a fresh start in Martin's next book.
gerry
Historic fiction that teaches Polish history

The trilogy is suspenseful and educational with colorful characters. A better way to study history than any Western Civilization text book. This story gives the reader an intense look into the people and the heart of Poland.
Robert Johnson
The Warsaw Conspiracy" is the third book of a trilogy that also includes "Push Not The River" and "Against a Crimson Sky". I highly recommend all three!
Amberle Husbands
I became much more invested in this story than I'd initially thought I would. I haven't read either the firs tor second novels in this series, but won a copy of The Warsaw Conspiracy as part of a Goodreads giveaway. The story is completely addicting, even with history having already spoiled the outcome for everyone. And the characters were well-enough developed that after a few chapters I really didn't mind having not read the first two books (although I would still like to, especially the first ...more
Karolyn
Great ending to the Trilogy!
Margolcia
Po sutym, smakowitym i wyszukanym posiłku, na stole pojawił się mało udany deserek. Taka właśnie jest ta książka. Bohaterowie okrzepli, postarzeli się, dojrzali. Przez zamglone firanki przesącza się nieco atmosfery poprzednich dwóch tomów. Jednak to już nie ta sama historia. Niestety...

Polskie tłumaczenie Michała Kompanowskiego. Wydawnictwo Bellona.
Joyce
Enjoyable read to complete the trilogy of Poland's struggle to maintain it's freedom as an independent nation. Poland is of interest to me personally because my ancestors were Kashubes who emigrated from the Hel Peninsula region of the country.
I liked how the author developed Iza into as strong a character as her aunt is in the previous books. I'm always drawn to historical fiction, particularly when based on real-life instances and individuals' lives... one learns much about life by reading hi
Mina
It was wonderful to read the final installment of this epic saga....full of historical details, the sacrifices made by this family....the struggle of the Poles against Russia....would love to see this made into a t.v movie series...loved how Anna and Zofia's families become intertwined...looking forward to read the authors next book...
Robbi Podgaysky- freeman
This was the ending? It still left you with many questions and felt really rushed. It was based on the cadet revolution and really most of the characters, I had grew to love, were just glossed over. He should have just stopped at the first book that he had a guide to go by. I did like Zofia's ending.
Anntonette Alberti
I was happy to read the last book in this series -- a nice way to tie up the based-on-fact historical fiction of a family who could have been like my paternal ancestors. A glimpse into what my family's past may have been like.
Mindi
May 03, 2013 Mindi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I admit I struggled at first but after I got into it, I really did enjoy the romance and suspense! So interesting to learn of the struggles of other countries. ~ And easier to read it in a historical fiction form : )
Patti Raney
I found the history of Poland fascinating and loved this final book in James Conroyd Martins series about Poland. As with his other books, it was very well written and engaging.
Corinne
A great story and after a third through it, I had a hard time putting it down. I look forward to reading more from Martin.
Anne
I loved the first two books. This one was a bit harder to read.
Pamela Sinnett
Pamela Sinnett is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2015
Kathy Beth
Kathy Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Jaie
Jaie is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2015
Richard Ameigh
Richard Ameigh is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Helene Slowik
Helene Slowik marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Goodreads Feedback: Genre Placement 2 143 Dec 26, 2012 12:05PM
  • Uncommon Youth: The Gilded Family, Go-Go Life, and Gut-wrenching Kidnapping of J. Paul Getty III
  • A Perfect Armenian
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn (The Handfasting, #3)
  • War of Hearts: A Historical Romance
  • Pearls in the Ashes
  • Broken Legacy
  • Isabella: Braveheart of France
  • Searching for Calamity: The Life and Times of Calamity Jane
  • The King's Spy (Thomas Hill, #1)
  • Lenin's Harem
  • Coming to America: A History of Immigration and Ethnicity in American Life
  • The Red Kimono: A Novel
  • Trapping a Duchess
James Conroyd Martin is the author of Push Not the River, a novel based on the diary of Anna Berezowska, a Polish countess who lived through the rise and fall of the Third of May Constitution. After working on the project for some years without raising interest within the publishing community, Martin self-published in 2001. Just one year later, St. Martin’s Press purchased the book and released a ...more
More about James Conroyd Martin...

The Poland Trilogy (3 books)
  • Push Not the River
  • Against a Crimson Sky (The Poland Trilogy, # 2)
Push Not the River Against a Crimson Sky (The Poland Trilogy, # 2) Hologram: A Haunting