Start by marking “Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1)

Tasting Never (Never Say Never #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  6,084 ratings  ·  441 reviews
Tasting Never, a New Adult Novel Recommended for Ages 18 and Up

"Never Ross wants to be loved.
It's that simple, but it's not that easy."

Never is a girl with a broken soul who doesn't date nice guys and can't seem to go to bed at night without crying herself to sleep. She doesn't need any complications in her life, especially not when they're attached to a man that could be
Published December 22nd 2012 by Sarian Royal

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
tattooed love boys
164th out of 766 books — 2,680 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenHopeless by Colleen HooverDivergent by Veronica RothFallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
What we've read so far in 2013...
357th out of 7,873 books — 2,601 voters

More lists with this book...

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Never is not that far Stars

description

“I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost; Than never to have loved at all.”

Never, is such a definite word in a world ruled by whims, emotions and the elusive time. Wounds are meant to scab and heal, memories fade, people come and go. It's our duty to keep track of the scars, hold on to the moments and don't let go of those people that come once in a lifetime. To save us from an existence doomed to loneli
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
I officially have a new book boyfriend to add too my harem
His name is Ty McCabe.

photo ty_zpsc81908a7.jpg

He may be an ex whore
A sex addict
Covered in beautiful butterfly tattoos
Wears rings and bracelets
Has piercings
chain smokes
Is Mysterious
And broken.

But I am in love.

And it is not just with him.

I am also in love with Ty and Never. As in them together, the we, the us, the “couple”

2 completely broken people.
So much hurt running through their blood.
That together they are perfect.

We do find out Never’s back st
Lise *friends don't flag*
"To the tortured souls whose blood is the heartbeat of the earth. May you find your happily Never after"

4.5 beautifully broken stars!!!

Okay… Wow… this short little read packed a mighty big wallop. I love a book about messed up, tortured, self-destructive people and their journey of what can be considered normal for them.
This book is about Never and Ty; two people that use sex to fill the void in their lives, voids caused by some serious screwed up events.

Never is in college and has not had a
Brittni
5 Beautifully Broken Stars!!!

"And the downtrodden found refuge in dilapidation; and were happy there because it was theirs and no one else's; bare of pretenses and expectations, this place became a haven of solace and a sanctum for peace."

photo beautiful-marilyn-monroe-not-alone-quote-Favim_com-118269_zpsea35f021.jpg

photo handsgif_zps0e17999b.gif
Christy
5 Beautifully Damaged Stars

Never Ross wants to be loved. It’s simple, but it’s not that easy.

Never and Ty’s story was raw. It was emotional, dark, and gritty. And I loved every single page. It was a short read, but it had a lot of impact.

NEVER ROSS
 photo a2d49cdd-1801-43ce-9dab-07f8c1f0d125_zpsfc813953.jpg
When you’re alone, theres nobody to hurt you or let you down. It feels good to have that guarantee of solitude.

Never Ross is a twenty one year old college student who is damaged. She is broken beyond repair. Things from her past have changed her,
Jennifer Kyle
"Ty is my other half, lover or not, and just being around him is enough for me."

description

Never Ross a college student, who has been burying the events that propelled her to change her name, cut all contact with her family and her first love for a while now. She uses sex to numb herself and just can’t find any reason to care about herself or anyone else.

Ty McCabe sees the beautiful Never across the bar and approaches, their first interaction goes terribly wrong and later that evening they find themselv
Fathima
HOLY FREAKIN SHIT !!!!

photo lo3_zps8909be0f.gif

WOW ... TY , umm are you into older woman ??? If yes , then please let me love you !!!!! ( I'm 25 by the way .. hehe :P )

photo bluu_zps620e5999.gif

Full review after I'm done with book 2 ...

Off I goooooo ....
Kirsty
I just LOVED this book!

You know sometimes you just need a read that isn't about the perfect girl, it's a little raw, a lot gritty and very much pulls at your heart? Yep, this was that kind of book.

Never Ross is the girl of the book and within mere pages of meeting her we find out just what kind of girl she is - broken.

"There's a monster living inside of me, eating little bits of me everyday, and I can't seem to stop it. It makes me do things I don't want to do, say things I don't want to say."
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
"There's a monster inside me, eating little bits of me everyday, and I can't seem to stop it. It makes me do things I don't want to do, say things I don't want to say...."

Meet Never.....

Never is a lost, hurt and empty girl... Grief and pain are consuming her... She doesn't want to feel the pain so she blocks it out.. She uses sex as her weapon to fill the void and fight the pain...

"It's all fake, just a big load of shit that I can't buy into or I'll die. If I ever believe in something again,
Pam
4 stars
”The best part about you is your soul it’s a piece of tortured beauty.”

Tasting Never sucked me in from the very first page, I can’t even describe it, it was just all so fucked up. It’s a short read that your either gonna love or hate. It brings out the uglier side of life.

Never Ross left her whole life behind, she's all alone, jaded, distant, cold and doesn’t trust anyone. She hates herself and the things she does, but she can’t control herself.
”There’s a monster inside me, eating
K.M. Galvin
This one is immediately in my favorite shelf.

Every now and then you come across a book that grips you by the throat and refuses to let you ignore it. This is one of those books for me. The subject matter is hard and it is something that I have never seen touched by authors. The main characters, Never and Ty, are so beautifully tortured. I wanted to cry for them and shake the living shit out of them at the same time. They broke my heart and gave me hope.

I have never read such honest and raw wri
Anna
not sure what happened here but I could not connect with the characters. At all. I really really wanted to but I wasn't convinced. Really didn't get my normal swoon on for tattooed pierced bad boy ( Shocker.I.KNOW) I wanted heart stopping moments -nope. Wanted to love Never - couldn't - even though she made some shitty choices - still couldn't connect. She cried about 75% of this book- yet my heart couldn't bleed for her.
I'm not sure what this says about me! The bones of this story could be 5 st
Jodie
Holy shizkababs people. This book had the WOW FACTOR!

How CM Stunich did it I will never know. I had already done up my top 5 for 2012 and unfortunately for 1 of the 5 - Ms Stunich has knocked it off, kicked it out of the park and replaced it. Yes this book really was THAT good, and...without insta love. A relationship built from friendship and understanding that could only come from someone as tortured as the other.

I'm breaking , cracking, splitting. I had thought, at first, that Ty's voice cou
Alienor ☠ is stuck on the Jellicoe Road ☠
A New Adult which combines ...

an heroin who has sex *GASP*
Insta-hate *RE-GASP*
A friends-to-lovers love story *RE-RE GASP*

Of course I'm intrigued! Saving it for an experiment day :D even if the male-lead is our NA regular bad-boy, well, I guess I'll have to see if the heroine can change my annoyment.
MJ Hang Le
This book is seriously f*cking awesome!!!

So, in this we meet Never:
“There's a monster inside of me, eating little bits of me everyday, and I can't seem to stop it. It makes me do things I don't want to do, say things I don't want to say.”

Never is all kinds of messed up, but I absolutely loved her. She has exactly what I want from all my heroines. She's smart, funny, vunerable, flawed, but most importantly, she's HONEST....especially with herself and especially when it's ugly....even when it's
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
What a great read... I really enjoyed reading about these two very damaged characters. My biggest complaint is that the author didn't go into Ty's past only Nevers. I really wish she would have. I truly think there is more story there to be told. A great book and a recommended read.
Cari
5 stars!!!!
Wow I don't even know what to say about this one!! I was captivated with it from the moment I read the first paragraph. Never and Ty are such broken individuals that you can't help but feel for them both. The writing was so beautiful and detailed that I found myself going back a rereading parts just cause the way it was written.
Looking forward to reading more from this author. Wonderful!!!
Rhonda
Piercings, tattoos, and dimples...OH MY!

I have really enjoyed this author's voice. If you like books with tortured characters, then this book is for you. Ty McCabe completely won me over in this book,and I can't wait to know more about him.
Ash Wednesday
Edited to change my rating back to 4 because I just found out this is going to be a series. If that had been made clear early on, I would've held back the unnecessary snark and didn't come out sounding like an idiot.

***

This book put me through the wringer (I will still be debating myself what rating I'm gonna give it until I post this sucker).

I hated it. Then I liked it. Then I liked it some more... Then it was finished.

Whut?! And just when it was getting interesting!

The blurb doesn't give away
Becky RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!
For additional reviews visit http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

Wow! Wow wow wow wow! I can not say that one word enough. This book totally snuck up on me and wormed its way into my heart. These characters and their story are something that will stay with me for a long time.

photo 12345_zpsf8e45b6e.gif
“Kiss me,” Ty says and it's not a question, it's a request, albeit a gentle one. His voice is softer than I've ever heard it. His words are naked, stripped of all the bullshit that's happened to him, all of the horribl
Catarina
I really don't know where to start with this book. Probably that I was expecting more after all I've read about it. It just didn't work out great for me.

One thing I did like in this book was that Never and Ty were both broken. And they know it quite well and have no problem in admit it. They also know that every f***ed up thing they do is a direct result from what happen in their past. I liked do see how they slowly start getting better with the help from each other. It was sweet to watch. ;)

Th
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
wow. dark. in your face. raw.

For all of you that MUST have a HEA (I'm looking at you, Aestas ) fear not. Though this is a series, though all looks lost, I feel the end will satisfy but leave most readers wanting the next in the series.

These are two of the lowest people you will meet: Ty and Never. Sex addicts, both for very different reasons, somehow drawn together in this crazy world. It's like taking Trainspotting, exchanging the drugs for sex, and then adding like an after school special (and
Tammy  (Reviews by Tammy & Kim)
6 STAR Review

"My Name is Ty McCabe and this is my best friend, Never."

Before I even begin to try to wrap up my thoughts I must first say, Ty McCabe, Never Ross, and CM Stunich have stolen my heart with their story. It has been a while since I have had a 6 star read, Ty & Never have found a spot on my shelf! I know this review has had mixed ratings, but there was just something about this couple that worked in a major way for me.

"When I look into Ty's eyes, I can see that we're exactly the sa
Jenn
Tasting Never is a story of two broken souls with horrific pasts. Ty and Never are two broken wounded people. They are on their journey to make themselves whole again and that's not a easy journey.

Ty and Never have their different reason of why they are broken, but they deal with it the same way. They both have sex with random people, to deal with the pain. As Ty and Never meet they don't like each other at first, but they are both in a convenient store as it is being robbed, after that they slo
Lauren
Jan 10, 2013 Lauren rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone 16 years or older
I am not even sure where to start with this book. While sitting here, I have started writing 3 times and deleted all of it, and then started over again. I am at a loss for words; not because it was bad, but because it was remarkable. There are so many emotions that I have experienced in my lifetime: I dropped out of high school (I am now getting my degree); I was in an abusive relationship that involved drugs (I have not touched any since 2003); I have had an abortion (I have never admitted that ...more
Portia Lynn
If you live your whole life in darkness, the you don't have any trouble recognizing the light.

I came across this book on Goodreads, just clicking link after link. I think the name of it really caught my attention, and it sounded like it could be interesting. It was pretty cheap on Amazon, so I just went for it.

I am so glad I did. I really enjoyed this! It was a quick read, which I have loved lately because its easier to fit short books in around my classes and kids. Its a little angsty, a lit
Jess - A is for Alpha B is for Books
THERE'S A MONSTER INSIDE OF ME, EATING LITTLE BITS OF ME EVERYDAY, AND I CAN'T SEEM TO STOP IT. IT MAKES ME DO THINGS I DON'T WANT TO DO, SAY THINGS I DON'T WANT TO SAY.

This story draws you in from the very beginning.You can NOT put it down because you can't wait to find out what happens next! I literally couldn't stop reading it.

Never's story is Heart wrenching. She is broken and self Destructive. Her pain is felt through the pages,

~It's all fake, just a big load of shit that I can't buy into
Adrienne Scales
Even though I read the description for this book I thought I was prepared for what was to come. Instead I found myself inside a characters head like I've never been before. You don't get a clear picture of Never in the beginning or even the middle of the book. What you do get is so much more then a story you get a glimpse of someone's soul. You become Never, at least I did. I felt all her emotions as I was reading. I was hurt, sad, scared, angry and even uncertain. I understood her conflicting e ...more
VEL
I did find it hard to get into this YA book, it starts straight off with an emotional tug, with the build up of Never's character & within the first few pages her meeting Ty. Both characters are deeply flawed, but circumstances brings them both together and a beautiful healing relationship develops.
The author manages to make you feel all of Never's hear breaking thoughts & why she is so broken. Ty also her hero, but just as broken but this is what actually makes them so good for each ot
Awilk -never sleeps-
So often I will read a NA/YA book and wonder what all the fuss was about. That certainly didn't happen with this one.

This book takes two very broken young people and grabs your heart and your attention from the very beginning and doesn't let go until you get to the very last page.

Never was an unique female lead. I have had nothing in my life be as horrible ass hers, but she felt so real to me. I had to keep on reading, to hopefully see her gin some comfort and hope.

Ty was just as broken. He had
Should I Finish It? 5 48 Nov 29, 2013 02:37AM
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
  • Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • The Cirque
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Love and Relativity
  • Broken Fairytales (Broken Fairytales, #1)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • A Terrible Love (A Terrible Love, #1)
  • On an Edge of Glass
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
C.M. Stunich was raised under a cover of fog in the area known simply as Eureka, CA. A mysterious place, this strange, arboreal land nursed Caitlin's (yes, that's her name!) desire to write strange fiction novels about wicked monsters, magical trains, and Nemean Lions (Google it!). She currently enjoys drag queens, having too many cats, and tribal bellydance.

Always a fan of the indie scene and 'st
More about C.M. Stunich...

Never Say Never (6 books)
  • Finding Never (Never Say Never, #2)
  • Keeping Never (Never Say Never, #3)
  • Never Can Tell (Never Too Late, #1)
  • Never Let Go (Never Too Late, #2)
  • Never Did Say (Never Too Late, #3)
Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1) Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2) Losing Me, Finding You (Triple M, #1) Finding Never (Never Say Never, #2) Keeping Never (Never Say Never, #3)

“There's a monster living inside of me, eating little bits of me everyday, and I can't seem to stop it. It makes me do things I don't want to do, say things I don't want to say.” 33 likes
“If I ever believe in something again, and it turns out to be false, then not only will my body crumble beneath me, but so will my soul. I'll disintegrate, disappear into the wind and blow away. I'll be nothing. I'll blank out and the energy of who I was will just go away, melt into the ground and come back as something unimportant, like a dandelion or a caterpillar. I can't find it in my heart to care.” 14 likes