True Love Story

True Love Story

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  13,849 ratings  ·  1,600 reviews

Before she moves to New York City, she meets Ian Sterling, a musician Sparrow has dreamed about since she first saw him. The attraction is instant, but their relationship isn't so simple.

Over a five year span, Sparrow and Ian run into each other in un...more
Published February 17th 2013 by Willow Aster

To ask other readers questions about True Love Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Love Story

Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura   HowardBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneWait for You by J. LynnRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
6th out of 199 books — 1,385 voters
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
76th out of 1,452 books — 6,896 voters

More lists with this book...

Debra

**4.5 HEARTBREAKINGWARMING STARS!!!!**

"Love is enough.
Love does conquer all.
Love really does always protect, trust, hope, persevere...
I'd even go as far as saying that love never fails. I finally believe that."

True Love Story is indeed a story about true love . It's a story about the kind of love that lasts a lifetime but that is faced with so many obstacles and bumps along the way that sometimes the ones in love begin to wonder if love itself is enough. They begin to wonder if their love is re...more
Dd

Hello Readers!!

Let me tell you about a story!

There was this girl....young, beautiful and full of life.

And then one day she meets with the man of her dreams.

And they live happily ever after.....

Or do they???

"It has been a year, two months, and seventeen days since I last saw him.Two years, ten months and five days since he broke my heart.Technically, he began breaking my heart the moment I met him, five years, eleven months, and one day ago."

-------------------------------------------------------...more
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
MINOR SPOILERS in a section marked minor spoilers-you've been warned
-mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

This...wait...excuse me.
*Inhales slowly, exhales slowly*
This is one of those books you finish and think

photo tumblr_lq12l1XdZO1qdqf97o1_500_zps45a98163.gif

At the end I could not believe how strongly this Heart-breaking-Earth-shattering love story resonated with me. But..it did.

photo tumblr_mi2wx94wiL1r3gi71o1_500_zps2b91bd88.gif

Please please bare with me I have so much to say and all of my thoughts are hitting me at once.
Honestly this is the cl...more
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
 photo truelovestoryquote1_zps44c73ab3.jpg

This is how it begins.

Ian Sterling has broken Sparrow’s heart into a million tiny little pieces and destroyed her faith in love. She’s spotted him in an airport and is trying to avoid him but he knows she is there and is not about to let this opportunity pass him by. He’s desperate to get her back – he’s desperate for her forgiveness.

“I see this face every night when I close my eyes. All day long, I think I see you, everywhere I go…” His eyes cloud, and he drops his hands. “I’ve dreamed this
Duchess Nicole
Want to read a True Love Story? Here it is!!! It's heartbreaking and intense, gut churning and real. It hurt to read, it laid me out but kept me up all night. I read this book in one sitting.

I was captivated by this like nothing I've been captivated by in quite some time. Something, some elusive quality, grabbed me...the title, the cover...something made me burn for this book as soon as I noticed it. And it paid off. I freaking LOVED this book!

First off, the blurb is really misleading, at least...more
Jenny Levine
I’ve been looking for you, his eyes are saying.
You’ve found me now, I’m certain my eyes are responding.

Sparrow Kate--
[image error]
Always been the perfect daughter, now she has transformed --starting with the way she dresses and expressing herself. And her life gets much more interesting when she met the man who will turn her life upside down...

Ian Sterling--
[image error]

A professional musician. Player. Womanizer.
But, all because he fears rejection and fears being in a relationship.
If there...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Short review finally posted.

3 to 3 1/2 Stars.

The only cheating plot-line that's HEA I believed. Still, I hate cheating plot-lines and didn't realize I was reading one until it was too late (I should have paid more attention to the reviews). Overall, True Love Story is a well written, captivating, and very angsty book.

Note: The fact I gave a cheating plot-line a 3 to 3 1/2 star rating says something! I hate them.
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Genre: New Adult/Contemporary

Heat Level: Medium

Angst Level: Angsty, but nothing OTT

Warnings: Cheating (it's an admission of cheating, but we don't 'watch' it happen)

5 Stars

True Love Story is an amazingly honest and emotionally complete journey! It is a journey that is so worth taking with Sparrow and Ian.

This is a simple story. Sparrow Fisher is a pastor's daughter, growing up outside of San Francisco. When we first meet her, she is eighteen years old, inc...more
Lisa Jayne
5 TRUE LOVE STARS.

description

Willow Aster, has written a beautifully put together, engaging love story. My usual type of romance is normally sugar coated and laced with predictability. This novel is a little more realistic with its approach to real love, and I was sold.

This is the story of Sparrow and Ian a couple who complete each other, who fall in love over and over again like they can't survive without each other. They don't like, they love. The book takes the reader on a journey of hearts, leading you...more
Lili
True Love Story in a nutshell.

From the beginning Sparrow and Ian feel an instant connection.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Over the course of time they sporadically see one another, but he always warns her he's not any good for her.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

After some time they finally get together (pretty much). This time was full of laughter and joy.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

But there's also lingering doubts.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
They continue to have a long distance relationship due to his music career and her school.

And then...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I felt ill. I felt like someone had kicked me in the stom...more
Belinda
GEH IAN WHY.. JUST WHY..

F*** sorry I am about to start an ENORMOUS RANT. So bare with me

(view spoiler)...more
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
5+++++++++++ Stars. This book was brilliant. I loved it. It was heartbreaking but in the end I got my hea and I couldn't be more delighted. This book lived up to be everything I had hoped and didn't let me down. A must read.
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
Just from the title I knew this would be my kind of book and I wasn't wrong! So be prepared, this book is very angsty and emotional and such a wonderful love story.

It starts out in the present, with Sparrow running into her ex-boyfriend, Ian, who she hasn't seen in over a year....a year, two months, and seventeen days to be exact. Ian was very bad and Sparrow just couldn't forgive him but Ian tried so hard to make things better and he's never gotten over her.

description

We then get swept into the past to...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
5 Soul Wrenching stars!!
I am a masochist for Epic Love stories like these!

******* This review WILL contain SPOILERS*******

The first time Sparrow sees Ian, it's practically Love at first sight...
I really believe that love at first sight is true.. And this couple proves the theory...

Ian and Sparrow are like magnets to each other, despite their age difference. But age really is a number when it comes to love...and their love story is epic and heartbreaking at the same time..

“You’re going to break m...more
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.75 Stars

W.B.T.

I suppose I might never have known or believed that love could be so strong if I hadn’t seen it dragged through this hell. Now I know that love can truly endure anything.

You know that feeling of finally finding a book that consumes you? That brings you out of that book funk? And when it ends, you’re in a haze. Not only because the story is over, but you’re sad that the journey you took has reached completion and now you’re back to that pesky ole book funk? Yep. That’s me right h...more
Smitten's Book Blog

Gosh, this is a difficult one. I want to pretend that I am a realist and that I understand that love stories are not all sweetness and light, and I enjoy as much angst as the other one... but when I read a romance novel, I want to be completely and utterly in love with my hero.

And I was... that's part of the problem.

I can no more "go on" without you than I could if half my body was cut away.

I know this isn't making any sense, but bear with me. Ian Sterling is the perfect book boyfriend. He's...more
Lise *friends don't flag*
FIVE + WE BELONG TOGETHER ★★★★★

Wow! This book grabbed me from the opening scene and took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions, which is a favorite high for me.
“Technically, he began breaking my heart the moment I met him, five years, eleven months, and one day ago.”

With that quote, I knew I was in for something good-bad-happy-sad-love-hate type of book. What I was not prepared for and delighted to experience was this well-written story with unique characters, from the MC’s to the secondary...more
Splage
Review posted to: Swept Away By Romance

5 Perfect Stars
Genre: Contemporary, New Adult Romance
Heat Barometer: 3 out of 5 flames
Written Sparrow's POV

This story was perfect for me from beginning to end. I loved everything about it! I couldn't pull myself away to do anything I was suppose to do today, I just read and read, and read. I was totally captured by Sparrow and Ian and their beautiful, heartbreaking and realistic love story.

Ian is an up and coming musician and 9 years older than Sparrow. He...more
Marina
I cry for everything that’s lost. I cry that he gave up. I cry for the anger in his words. I cry that he’s found someone that has made him consider letting me go. I cry for the day I ever met him and thought I could handle someone like him. I cry that the girl he met that day in the restaurant is long gone.
And I cry because I don’t know what to do with this person that’s left.

I usually start a review with the quote that somehow gives the gist, the general feeling, a small snippet on the power...more
Christy
5 Beautiful Heart-Shattering Stars!!!

photo 9a0d1a91-7c7d-41eb-884f-7e02bf6eab77_zps1d6635ed.jpg

I loved Sparrow and Ian’s story. Loved it. I spent a good 20-25% of the book crying, but what a fantastic read!

It’s been a year, two months, and seventeen days since I last saw him. Two years, ten months and five days since he broke my heart. The story starts out five years after Sparrow and Ian’s initial meeting. A few years ago, the love of her life completely shattered Sparrow’s heart. Ian is still not over Sparrow, in fact, he may never be. They happen...more
Jennifer Kyle
”Love is enough.
Love does conquer all.
Love really does always protect, trust, hope, persevere...
I’d even go as far as saying that love never fails. I finally believe that.”

I absolutely love the title of this book. The way that the author has the word Love it’s ingenious and it also gives a reader a just warning as to what to expect from this story.

This book takes you from the present where Sparrow Kate Fischer boards a plane and by chance is seated next to Ian Sterling, a hot and successful son...more
Zemira Warner

This is literally the only thing I'm going to say. I won't write a review because it will turn into a rant of epic proportions. It's just better I keep my mouth shut and don't be a bitch about it.
Megan

I was given an advanced copy of Willow Aster’s book, True Love Story, in exchange for an honest review. To tell the truth, I sort of insisted upon being included in the release of this book after reading the first chapter at the end of Tarryn Fisher’s Dirty Red. I could just tell after reading that first chapter that I was going to want to hear Sparrow and Ian’s story. The pull between the two of them was so great, the tension so heavy that I needed to know more. Let me tell you, I was...more
Paula

Minor spoilers...maybe. Depends on what you want to know and what you don't. Read at your own risk. :D

I loved this book. And then I hated it. And then I loved it again. Every relationship has its ups and downs. And Sparrow (love her name!) and Ian’s relationship definitely had its highs and lows. This story took me on a very emotional and rocky journey that made me laugh, cry, scream with frustration, and very happy at the ending.

“It has been a year, two months, and seventeen days since I la...more
It's just me Shelly B
“It has been a year, two months, and seventeen days since I last saw him. Two years, ten months, and five days since he broke my heart..."

And Ian and Sparrow's saga begins.....

This book takes place over a 5 to 6 year span. Ian a is a musician and Sparrow a college student and up and coming writer.

They meet at a restaurant and it's basically love at first site. Instant Attraction....Sparks flying all over the place!!!!

However the time just wasn't right for them. She moves away to college but the...more
Mich

"Ian Sterling has ruined me. And he’s ruined me for anyone else.",

"By the time we’ve completely violated one cupcake, we’re both sticky and incredibly turned on."

Sparrow's song for Ian (view spoiler)

Ian's song to Sparrow (view spoiler)

"Love is enough. Love does conquer all. Love really does always protect, trust, hope, persevere… I’d even go as far as saying that love never fails. I final...more
Ash Wednesday
Feb 20, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone's going to read it anyway so why bother? :-)
"I want to be who you think I am."
"I want you to be who you are."

And isn't that the Tesseract that powers every single YA novels these days? When the heroine says that last line and she can't handle the sh*t when it hits the fan?

It was a 2-star reading experience for me but I'm giving it a 3 because I liked how it was trying to paint a realistic picture of love and dealing with what comes after. The first chapter was intriguing enough while the last 25% rang true to me. The detritus of heartbre...more
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
I'm done.. I am so done that my insides are like goo. My heart is hurting, my eyes are hurting, my head is hurting.. hell, even my nose is hurting. I'm not going to go into a long review becasue I just don't feel like I could say a whole lot without throwing spoilers around everywhere.. maybe when my emotions are a little less intense then I will be able to come back and give a more in depth review..

For now, I will say that this book was really good. I felt so happy for Ian and Sparrow for the...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: Sparrow Fisher is transforming. No longer dressed up in antiquated clothes and ideals, she is finally trying on her freedom.

Over a five year span, Sparrow and Ian run into each other in unusual places. Each time, Sparrow has to decide if she can trust him,...more
Amanda (.---.--.-...-)

I'm almost scared to type a review for this book right now. It is like I put haterade in my coffee this morning.

(view spoiler)...more
  • In the Stillness
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Going Under
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • The Final Piece
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)
  • Finding Never (Never Say Never, #2)
  • Arsen: A Broken Love Story
  • Left Drowning
If I could write every minute of every day, I'd still have a hard time stopping.
More about Willow Aster...
Maybe Maby In the Fields Bent Not Broken Rise Up Volume Two: Indie Authors Against Cancer--A Benefit Collection

“Love is enough.
Love does conquer all.
Love really does always protect, trust, hope, persevere...”
110 likes
“Little Bird, our love has been hard-earned from the very beginning. It is more precious to me than anything on earth. I can't just let go of it. And I won't stop fighting for it." ~ Ian” 91 likes