Start by marking “A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)

A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin 0.2)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,253 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
Braith of the Darkness likes going through life unnoticed. Not an easy task for a She-dragon of royal descent. But the evil plots of her father are turning her quiet, boring life upside down, and she has now become the enemy of the most vicious queen her kind has ever known. But for once, Braith won't have to fight alone. Not when the warrior dragon of her dreams is willin ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

Magic Rises by Ilona AndrewsArchangel's Legion by Nalini SinghMacRieve by Kresley ColeFifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda JonesStyxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (July - December)
24th out of 360 books — 1,821 voters
Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenLast Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Dragon Shifters
42nd out of 316 books — 699 voters

More lists with this book...

Radmila
May 01, 2016 Radmila rated it really liked it
3,75 ***dragon*** stars!!

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Dragon Stars

As usual with G.A. Aiken this novella was made of awesome. This author knows how to make you laugh your ass off with just one line and still manages not to seem cheesy.

In this short-ish story Addolgar, uncle to our favorite dragon siblings, and Braith find love through a series of hilarious adventures. I won't say much on this. I ust advice everyone who likes Fantasy and Paranormal Romance to give these books a chance!
Merve  Özcan
Feb 19, 2015 Merve Özcan rated it really liked it
OOOH.MY.GOD''

They are funny, cute, a bit feral... What is there to not love?
Kay
Mar 04, 2015 Kay rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dragon lovers, humor seekers
This a slow read for me actually. It was fun, though.

Nothing impresses me than a kick-ass female. So I wasn't surprised by Braith the Darkness digging her to me. She's loyal, and fierce, honor-bound.

Addolgar the Cheerful is my kind of alpha-male, and he is fun, too!

There's humor in the story, and fun. Although, I guess I didn't quite get some of their banters. Also, I may have droopy eyes at some parts of the books.

But all in all, this has been a good and fun read! Yep, I know. I keep repeating
Sandy
Nov 07, 2013 Sandy rated it it was amazing

A TALE OF TWO DRAGONS is another prequel novella from G.A.Aiken and her Dragon Kin series. This is Addolgar and Braith’s storyline. Addolgar is an easy going and ‘cheerful’ dragon; one of Dragon Queen Addiena’s warriors; son of Aileen the Wicked and Shalin the Innocent; and one of Bercelak’s elder brothers. You remember Bercelak? Father of Fearghus, Briec, Gwenvael, Keita, Eibhear? And yes, we meet a young Bercelak as he once again encounters his future mate the princess Rhiannon.

Brait
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I quite liked both characters & the story. But when compared to the full novels with multiple POV's, it was rather tame.
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Jan 17, 2015 Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts) rated it really liked it
A Tale of Two Dragons continues on with the trend of strong female leads and equally strong men hell bent on protecting them. Braith simply doesn't want to be noticed by anyone. EVER. To her sticking to the shadows and observing is better than actually having to be involved with all the snooty royalty she's surrounded by. However, there is one dragon in particular she always seems to notice, even if he doesn't see her..yet. Addolgar is a cheerful dragon known for his battle skills and way with t ...more
Ivy Deluca
Nov 13, 2013 Ivy Deluca rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: Shelly Laurenston is an auto-buy for me. I adore her humor and her wit. The worlds she has created with her Dragon Kin series (under the name G. A. Aiken) and her Pride series are fantastic. They’re raw, engaging and hilarious. So yes, I’m a fan of her work, and I am not disappointed in this latest entry to the Dragon series.

The Premise
[from publisher] Braith of the Darkness likes going through life unnoticed. Not an easy task for a She-dragon of royal descent. But the evil plot
Esra
Nov 08, 2013 Esra rated it it was amazing
thank you G.A. Aiken for creating this such an amazing dragon world .

Bu seri inanılmaz bişi . Bayılıyorum , espirilere , karakterlere :D Ejderhaları bu kadan kadar iyi anlatan yoktur. Hepsi deli , içlerinde bir tanemi akıllı olmaz :D Ejderha hallerinde insani davranış ve tartışmalarını okurken onları hayal etmek zaten başlı başına bir komedi :D Büyük bir italyan ailesi gibiler sürekli kavga gürültü . Ama birbirlerini bir o kadarda seviyor ve bağlılar. Kısacası bu seri en favori ejderha serim di
 Reading In Pajamas
Oct 30, 2013 Reading In Pajamas rated it it was amazing
A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin) by G.A. Aiken
Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Reviewed by: Reading In Pajamas/ Cori & Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars
Blog Post: http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-NO

CORI'S REVIEW:
I love this series! The Dragon Kin series is a fun and sexy dragon shifter romance series. G.A. Aiken is one of my favorite authors because her books are always fun, entertaining and keep me laughing throughout the story. A Tale of Two Dragons is Addolgar the Cheerful and Braith of the Darkness's story.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Mar) I do enjoy flashbacks of the Cadwaladr Clan. Here we have Addolgar the Cheerful, older brother to Bercelak and Ghleanna. He's a pretty easy going dragon, happy to fight and eat and do what dragons do. Braith of the Darkness (what a name) is a very large She-Dragon whose mother died eons ago, leaving her to the not-so-tender care of her dick-of-a-father. Isolated from her mother's side of the family, a royal by birth by not by action, she seems to be a lady in waiting for lack of a better c ...more
TheOneTree AU
Nov 07, 2013 TheOneTree AU rated it it was amazing
This review is from: A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin) (Kindle Edition)
No spoilers...

Oh I do love G.A. Aiken!

I've been waiting for this book for ages, and it was a rewarding wait at that! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Storyline: excellent.
The land masses G has created continue on, as does the hierarchy of the dragons involved, and the the politics (which in any other book, bores me to death) are all still here, as are the characters.
All it takes is to throw in one new character and bring that fa
Komal
Mar 13, 2015 Komal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own, fantasy
4.5 stars. Loved it. Addolgar and Braith made a very cute couple & I loved that Aiken brought back many characters from Ailean & Shalin's novella. A short, sweet read overall.
Daisy
4 STARS

Addolgar: Charming. Straightforward. Adorably goofy.

Loved how Braith transformed from someone who kept to herself to someone cheerful and truly happy, with the help of Addolgar.

“—and I’m being unreasonable.”
Addolgar nodded. “See? You do understand.”
Eyes closing, Braith sighed once more, her head dropping into her open hands. “I can’t believe I once thought you were adorable.”
“Really?” Addolgar grinned. “You think I’m adorable?”
That’s when Braith dropped to the bed, using a pillow to cov
Darcy
Nov 06, 2013 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, pnr, shifters, 2013
This short story was filled with what I come to expect from this series, lots of violence, lots of snark, and lots of hot sex. I really liked how Braith seemed to come into her own by the end of the story. That she realized that she was loved by her family and by a man. Addolgar had me laughing, mostly because he was so clueless. I loved that Addolgar managed to hold his own with Braith and her family.
Becky Herrera
Nov 05, 2013 Becky Herrera rated it it was amazing
I just CAN NOT get enough of this series! I am just absolutely obsessed! Once again G.A. Aiken has created a hilarious, witty, and sexy novel of gorgeous dragon shape shifters! I highly recommend this book to anyone familiar with the Dragon Kin series!
MostlyDelores
As cheerfully violent as an Asterix comic--plus sex!--but not the best dragon kin book.
It's a bit too silly, and kind of repetitive, but still likeable.
Alison
OK, reader's dilemma. On the same day you get a new book by G A Aiken, Julie Ann Walker and Thea Harrison - which one do you read first?

So I chose A Tale of Two Dragons and I was not disappointed. This had everything I love from G A Aiken, the Cadwalader clan, sympathetic heroines, kick-ass fighting and lots of sarcastic humour - oh, and dragons, lots and lots of dragons.

Poor Braith of the Darkness has had a lonely life. Her father is a tool and her brothers are his stooges. She is royalty but h
Hollie
I have skipped all around in this series, and I have to say, this book is my favorite one so far. The dialogue was not only funny, but action packed. I adored all of the characters. Also, the epilogue could very well be one of the best I've ever read. I cant wait to read more of this series.

Ash Rowe
Jun 16, 2015 Ash Rowe rated it it was amazing

It was a wonderful short story about how Addolgar and Braith met.

I always find myself cracking up when I read the stories this author writes. I don’t mean little scoffs to myself but actually laughing and having to hurry up and cover it to make sure I don’t wake my husband up or get weird looks.

I liked Braith she was kick a** and she kicked a lot of a**. Her story was kind of heartbreaking but I loved the ending and her HEA.

Addolgar, what to say about him. He was hilarious. I loved how cheerf
Sandra
Nov 07, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
A Tale of Two Dragons is set before Chains and Flames.

More insanity of the Cadwaladr kind. Bercelak's older brother Addolgar the Cheerful and Lady Braith of the Darkness are sent on a quest to return Lady Katharina to her father, Lord Berg by Queen Addiena. Unbeknownst by everyone, Braith's father, Lord Emyr, has betrayed the Queen, Braith & Katharina. The Queen, looking for a quick scapegoat intends to execute Braith and ignore the real culprit.

The Cadwaladr clan don't like that idea, so,
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Review to follow
Carmen
Nov 07, 2013 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Again, another series that is so ludicrous at times that I don't understand what draws me to it (seriously the dragon hair thing is so silly). I still stayed up until 1 am reading it the day it came out. I think I just like wise cracking dragons and ladies that kick ass. Can't wait for the next three books.
Nadia
Feb 28, 2016 Nadia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong, brutal and hilarious

These are the things you are guaranteed in a G. A. Aiken book, even a novella/prequel. You will always find strong female characters, like Braith and many more in this prequel, there were plenty of strong female leaders and characters. There will always bloodshed, fighting, brutal Dragon mocking and fire spewing fights, but they will always make you laugh your ass off and entertain you beyond belief.

Braith is the sister of Bercelak, and the Dragon who she falls for,
Eden
Dec 06, 2014 Eden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fun! Not the best in the series by any means but still the same humor and battle intrigue that you can always be sure to find in Aiken's novels. Got to admit, Addolgar sometimes struck me as kind of stupid himself, but I guess it might he's just more adorably oblivious in that way only males can be (if we're buying into stereotypes and all). Plus he's just so much more cheerful and happy (hence his name) than the rest of the kin, that might be just me being in slight shock he is not an ...more
Brienne
I enjoyed this book for the most part. I believe the author assumed that readers would have already read some of her other books in the series, and so didn't do any real world-building. Having never read any other books in the series, I was left confused about many things throughout the story. (Are the dragons really dragon-shaped and sized when in dragon form? Why do the humans hate them so much? Is it normal for dragon families to be brawling all the time?) That said, I did still enjoy the boo ...more
ms bookjunkie
A taciturn introvert dragon and a cheerful dragon. A fierce warrior and a fierce warrior. Add hilarity. And family. What's no to love? Love it muchly!!!
Maggie Preston
Oct 17, 2015 Maggie Preston rated it really liked it
I'd started the Dragon kin series a while back and got distracted but am so delighted to have found it again. The story and Braith and Addolgar really takes the best of the dragon world - great battle scenes and off-kilter humor - and brings it to a new level. Addolgar is off-kilter himself - both a macho alpha and a sweet beta male with a touch of goofy that is both endearing and slightly off-putting. Braith is the wounded heroine, neither the typical beauty nor the typical woman. I liked that ...more
✼Danielle✼
유 Addolgar the Cheerful
웃 Braith of the Darkness

Read 2 Aug 2014
~
Jenn
Jun 16, 2016 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
as funny as always. I love the shape shifting dragons and the banter.
  • Everlasting Bad Boys (Dragon Kin, #0.1)
  • Dragos Takes a Holiday (Elder Races, #6.5)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.5; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Prince of Spies (Dragon Knights, #4)
A.K.A. Shelly Laurenston

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, Originally from Long Island, New York, lives on the West Coast and spends most of her time writing and making sure her rescued Pittie doesn’t love everyone into a coma. When she’s not writing about sexy dragons, she’s writing about sexy wolf, lion, tiger, and other fang-filled predators under the name Shelly Lauren
More about G.A. Aiken...

Dragon Kin (9 books)
  • To Challenge A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin, #8)

“I don’t like this,” his brother told him as they walked down the stairs.

“You don’t like anything. I’ve heard you complain about the air.”

“It irritates me when it whistles.”
18 likes
“She wasn’t part of it,” Addolgar cut in. “And she saved my life.”
“Who cares about your life?” Bercelak demanded.
Addolgar was silent for a moment before he replied, “I do.”
Braith studied the dragon who sat next to her. “You had to think about that reply?”
“Wanted to make sure it wasn’t a trick question, didn’t I?”
16 likes