Start by marking “Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for School?” as Want to Read:
Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for School?

Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for School? (Cornelius P. Mud)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Kids who aim to do things their way — and what child doesn’t? — will squeal with pleasure at Cornelius’s merry morning mayhem.

It’s time for school. Is Cornelius P. Mud up? Sure he is! The plucky pig has even made his bed, put on his clothes, and eaten his breakfast. But with Cornelius, things are never quite as they seem. Despite his clowning around, Cornelius does make hi
Published June 12th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for School?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for School?

Karla
Read this to my 5-year-old nephew, who starts Kindergarten next week, and it was just so-so compared to other get-ready-for-Kindergarten books we've read. It was hard for him to connect to the character. Wish the story had matched the illustrations better instead of waiting to the last page to explain why Cornelius was so different. Edit: After we had gone through it twice and my nephew "got it", he enjoyed being able to read it by himself and chuckled at the appropriate times. It ended up being ...more
Eva Leger
Eh. I really like the pig and I love, love what the ending brought. I liked having Julia laugh each time she saw what Cornelius did - how he got up, what he packed for lunch, what he ate for breakfast, etc. I was actually wondering about that before I got to the end and saw the conclusion - very funny.
I think my main problem here is I like more substance. I like more writing, the story to be more fleshed out and this is definitely a book that would have been better done in that manner.
Sharai
Feb 23, 2012 Sharai added it
Shelves: children
Books about a child's mishaps in the morning in attempts to get to school are always fun to read. This time Cornelius is having trouble getting ready for a day at school. He dresses up his fish tank and turns his bed into an elephant.
Kendra
Cute book! I can't wait to share it with my little friends at story time! I think they are going to love it especially when they see what Cornelius P. Mud is really doing while getting ready for school.
Kirsten Swanson
I keep having to read this to my kids. While I don't really like the Cornelius books and their pictures, this one is better than others, and the pictures are pretty funny.
Yarb
Nov 03, 2008 Yarb rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Comical but lightweight. Pictures are in that modern style which is bright and blotchy and endearingly slapdash but somehow slides out of memory like sand.
Zach
Simple text. Cute read aloud about a pig who does everything to get ready for school but isn't completely ready until he gets a kiss from mom.
Natalie
Nov 19, 2007 Natalie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: reluctant back to schoolers
Shelves: read-alouds
This little piggie is not ready to go to school. Bet you can't guess why.
B
May 05, 2009 B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
3.5-3.75 starts... pretty cute series
Heather
funny back to school book. very short
Rachel
Lots of fun, captures childhood.
Aerin
my kiddos think this book is hilarious
Rose
Apr 04, 2009 Rose added it
Shelves: childrens
E Sal
Branden Robinson
Branden Robinson marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Lacey
Lacey added it
Jul 03, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Barney Saltzberg is the author and illustrator of close to 50 books for children, including Beautiful Oops!, Arlo Needs Glasses, Good Egg, Cornelius P. Mud , Crazy Hair Day and the bestselling Touch and Feel Kisses series with over 800,000 copies in print. He has two new releases, Tea With Grandpa and Chengdu Could Not Would Not Fall Asleep coming this spring.
Additionally, he’s recorded four CDs
More about Barney Saltzberg...

Cornelius P. Mud (3 books)
  • Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for Bed?
  • Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready for Baby?
Beautiful Oops! Andrew Drew and Drew Chengdu Could Not, Would Not, Fall Asleep Crazy Hair Day Tea with Grandpa