Start by marking “His Undoing” as Want to Read:

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  564 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
Published December 23rd 2012 by Surrendered Press

Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay For You Romance
339th out of 559 books — 1,434 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCollision Course by K.A. MitchellA Matter of Time by Mary CalmesStrawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonSpecial Delivery by Heidi Cullinan
Favorite Gay Twinks
190th out of 305 books — 269 voters

More lists with this book...

Deeze
Dec 29, 2012 Deeze rated it liked it
I’m not a big fan of GFY stories, but I really liked how this one was handled.

This wasn’t a straight boy turns gay over night story, but more a slow intro into Mike’s growing feelings for Brett.

I really enjoyed the emotional side to this story. Hearing Mikes thoughts on his confusing feelings worked well, and gave this story an edge that most GFY stories that I’ve read lacked IMO.

I did feel a bit let down with the stalker side to this story. It was a bit to quick and a bit to neatly solved for
Sandra
So you know when you give a poor review to a short story saying that it's not developed enough, and people gripe "well it's a short, what do you expect?" Well, THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT! Love and lust, adorable moments of longing and steamy moments of hot man sex. Is that so much to ask?! Obviously not, because Ms. Grace pulled it off immaculately. There's not much else to say, this was just a wonderful romance with two fully developed main characters, one moderately developed side character (thank ...more
Syfy
Jan 03, 2013 Syfy rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
In all seriousness, OMG I LOVE THIS STORY!

Crisp clean and adorably personable. Generally I have no patience for coming of age, YA type characters. They annoy me. Ha! But I was enchanted! Mike tells the most delightful rendition of "My first time", ever.
Both first times actually. In fact the boy/girl scene was one of the most honest things I've ever read, and his first boy/boy kiss? My heart burst into flames.

The perfect short story, didn't lose itself in the details.
Sweet, funny, sexy. Recommen
Cindi
Jan 21, 2013 Cindi rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, 2013
Mike is a college student who has been assigned to a dorm with a jock as his roommate. Mike has been bullied most of his life because it was assumed that he was gay.... he's not. He's nervous about meeting the roommate, Brett, because he fears that it will be more of what he experienced in the past with other jocks. It turns out that Brett is a nice guy and he is gay though that fact is not well known. A friendship quickly develops between the two young men. As the friendship develops, Mike begi ...more
Marissa
Now this one I liked much better than the last few I read.
Mike and Brett were adorable. The natural progression of their relationship starting out as new roommates, becoming good friends, their growing attraction, (one just learning about where his sexual attractions lie) and then finally confronting each other about it and acting on those feelings... It was sweet!
The only thing I didn't like is how the attacker is dealt with when they finally find out who it is.
Overall, a very good short...agai
Tina
Dec 30, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it
First off, I love the cover! This was perfect for what it was intended to be. A sweet short story about young love. The characters were likable and were good together. It was nice that they had "normal" names. That sounds strange, but with authors coming up with stranger and stranger names or just using Chase, Tyler, Cam etc. all the time, it was good to meet a Mike and Brett! I am looking forward to a full-lenght novel from Ms. Grace. hint, hint!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.55*

Mike, the narrator of this story is more science than sports and so to find it his new roommate at college is Brett a big jock was a little worrisome.
But soon a friendship develops between the two .
Mike is a virgin and all around unexperienced but with a little help and push from Brett he finds a girl, Maggie, but he also starts having more and more thoughts about Brett.
There is a stalker who turns violent towards Mike and that moved Brett and Mike''s friendship along as Brett is a sweetie
Lucy
Dec 31, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
Gay for you, such a difficult thing to make real and get right. His Undoing? Well, Ms. Grace got it right. Told in first person POV, the voice of Mike is a little unsure of himself, self-deprecating and introspective at times. Oh, and confused too! Mike has a new roommate, a big, bad jock type named Brett. The fact that Brett turns out to be a decent, caring friend just makes Mike all the more confused.

Brett and Mike become friends and we get to listen to Mike’s thoughts as he discovers maybe h
Anke
Jan 18, 2013 Anke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-reads
I got this for free from the author, but after reading it I have to say I would have gladly paid for this book. It was a wonderful read, exactly what I like in a story, even the m/f scene wasn't a problem for me. What resulted in the missing half star? For me the end was too rushed. This is another book for my comfort reads and I will definitely read more by Ms. Grace.
Heather C
I really liked this short gfy story. It was sweet and sexy but I wanted more story between Mike and Brett at the end.
Veronica /  V
Very lovely story, a sequel would be terrific because many things where left in the air.
Tami (synchro from BL)
It was a nice little story about a young guy coming to terms with his sexuality and falling for his hunky, gay roommate. It was not especially original, but the writing was really good and I liked the first person narrator.

What I didn't like was the (view spoiler)
Nic
This was a great gay-for-you story. Told from the point of view of Mike, "The kids I grew up with called me a fag. I'm not gay but I guess small features and a lack of arm and chest definition were enough to consider me effeminate by most standards.", the story starts when Mike arrives at his dorm and meets his room-mate Brett.

Brett is the typical tall and muscled jock. However, as Mike gets to know Brett, he realises that Mike isn't all what he expected and he certainly didn't expect him to be
T. Smith
Feb 10, 2013 T. Smith rated it really liked it
Let’s start with Cover Love! It is simple and sexy, and completely fits the story it’s wrapped around. I grabbed a copy from Amazon as a free read, but I would gladly have paid good money for this book.
Mike is in his first year of college in a foreign state, away from his family and friends. Having spent much of his young life being picked on and bullied, the scrawny more academic than athletic type, is justifiably anxious to meet his new roommate.

Brett is the typical jock, the same kind of per
Andrea ~The Book List Reviews
Jan 03, 2013 Andrea ~The Book List Reviews rated it really liked it
by Aria Grace

Rating
4 stars

Summary
When Mike found out he would be sharing a dorm with a former football star, he was terrified. He'd been bullied by jocks all his life for being scrawny and weak and didn't have high expectations of how it would go. To his surprise, Brett was a great guy that was easy to get along with and seemed to enjoy his company. When Mike learned that Brett was gay, it was a shock but it also explained the threatening letters that Mike had been receiving.
Marissa
Dec 27, 2012 Marissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
Aria Grace has done it again. I really enjoyed this short story. When Mike found out he would be sharing a dorm with a former football star, he was worried. He was the complete opposite of a jock and had been bullied for being scrawny and was not looking forward to repeat that experience. However, Brett was a great guy and seemed to enjoy his company. Although one day, Mike suddenly starts to get threating letters telling him to back off from Brett. But why was he receiving these and was he real ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 10, 2013 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: ARR
Shelves: reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Interesting
Rating: NC-17
Overall: A really cute story that unfolds well
Characters: Solid
Plot: Who will win? Who will survive? Is it worth the sacrifice?
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Mike

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

It’s a novella, so I’m judging it on that fact. Short but well told. I didn’t feel like the story was too short. It felt right. There wasn’t insta love as much as there was an awakening. I still wonder if Mike isn’t h
Major English (Laura)
Jan 18, 2013 Major English (Laura) rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - this piece is great in that there is no filler or background noise... There are only a couple of characters and in a short story, that is essential because there are no distractions to the story. This being said, I think that the story started a bit slow and had a lack of momentum, but once things got started, the pace really picked up. However, shortly after, the story just ended. Which left me with a big old sigh because I wanted more!
Jessica
Feb 01, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up.

Another example of 1st-person POV maybe not being the best choice to write a book in. It works in some situations, but other times it just leaves me feeling like I've missed half the story. I would have loved to have seen the development of Brett's feelings for Mike, and more about Mike dealing with his attraction to Brett, but other than that it wasn't bad. Just a short, light read with a HEA at the end.
Magen
Jan 03, 2013 Magen rated it really liked it
What a great short story. I would have liked it even more if it had another 150 pages to flush out the characters a bit more, but I know...it was a short. I enjoyed the emotional development between the two MC's and especially with Mike's recognition of his homosexuality. Congrats to Ms. Grace and her efforts here. I will definitely be looking forward to more works from her in the future!
Nickie
Dec 27, 2012 Nickie rated it really liked it
I really liked the chemistry between Brett and Mike. I liked how they started as friends and grew into a relationship.

I wish more was told about their respective backgrounds, but, understand that wasn't really feasible given the length of the story. While there were a few grammatical missteps, they did not take away from the story being told.

All in all, this was a great read.
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
3.5 - Mike and Brett were college roommates and friends and grew into more especially after a former hookup of Brett's attacked Mike. It was very good for the length allotted, could have had more background and been expanded a bit. Could have used a bit more editing.

All in all, a hot college mm romance.
Tanya
Dec 29, 2012 Tanya rated it really liked it
Great story! I laughed and cried and laughed again because this book was just sweetly HOT!! Aria Grace has given a well-written story which takes you along for the ride. Thank you! (FYI: I bought this story on Xmas Eve from Smashwords)
Sam
Jan 02, 2013 Sam rated it really liked it
I only wish that there could have been more but honestly, it was a good book, I really liked it and it's rare for me to give a short book more than three stars so I think that shows how well I liked it.
* Booksessed * Bec
Jan 07, 2013 * Booksessed * Bec rated it really liked it
Book provided by the author.

This is another great read by Aria Grace. I loved the characters and the plot. I'd recommend it to anyone. My only issue was the length............I need more :D
Kavisha
Dec 23, 2012 Kavisha rated it liked it
I liked the book. It was really a bit too short. There was a lot of potential that was not explored in depth due to the length of the novella.
But other than that I really liked the story.
Verona Robinson
Jan 01, 2013 Verona Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was my first venture into The GFY genre and I really like this story. Wish it was longer or could we "see" more of Brett and Mike in the future?
Amy Jacobs
Feb 13, 2013 Amy Jacobs rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
His Undoing by Aria Grace is a short story in the M/M Romance genre. It is told from Mike's point of view.

Like other reviewers of this story, I feel that only having the one point of view is what made this story not as great as it could have been. I enjoyed reading from Mike's POV but I this story would have made better sense and would have been better at the execution if we could have peeked into what Brett was feeling as well.

Mike is a guy who has always had a hard time talking to girls. He i
 Rosebud
Mike Higgins has always been thought of as being gay which he wasn't. Looking forward to starting fresh in college he is worried when his dorm roommate turns out to be a jock. Those 'guys' usually don't like to associate with him and land up either bullying him or humiliating him. To his surprise Brett is a decent sort of guy who, although popular, enjoys hanging out with him around campus and at social events.
When Mike starts to get anonymous threats and warnings to stay away from Brett 'or el
Sophie
Jan 01, 2013 Sophie rated it really liked it
3.5
Goodreads Librari...: adding audiobook version 1 21 Nov 16, 2014 07:02AM
Making Connections: 784. HIS UNDOING by Aria Grace 41 238 Nov 16, 2013 09:44PM
Making Connections: 18+ Free M/M Novella through 2/14 2 15 Feb 12, 2013 05:34AM
  • Weekend Boyfriend
  • Ripped (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Steamroller
  • The Three of Us
  • Keeping Sweets (Newport Boys, #1)
  • The Vampire's Boy
  • The Best Part
  • Pledge Number Seven
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • Unintended
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden Talents, #1)
  • Noah
  • Wrestling with Love (Wrestling #2)
  • Stuck on You