Start by marking “The Baby Compromise (Orphan Train, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Baby Compromise (Orphan Train, #3)

The Baby Compromise (Orphan Train #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A Bundle of Complications

Groomed for high society, Rebecca Sterling now has a new mission—to help the orphans coming to Evans Grove. Yet just before she's due to return to New York, she faces two unexpected challenges. There's the tiny infant abandoned on her orphanage steps...and the big, gruff cowboy who found him.

Colton Hayes knows nothing about babies and even less abo
Published June 4th 2013 by Love Inspired Historicals (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Compromise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Compromise

Janine
"The Baby Compromise" is the third book of the Orphan Train series and I think might be the last one. This book was a quick and easy read with a little mystery.

Rebecca is a woman who seems to be trying to please everyone and because of her pride there are some humorous events along the way. Her heart is so large that she often is putting the needs of others before herself. Rebecca is also a hard working woman who jumps in where there is a need.

Colton is a man of honor and who cares deeply for fa
June
Another great Orphan Train book. Loved how a quilt was the identifying factor for the baby and that in the end all turned out well. Also found out the mystery donation giver and what happened to Jakob. Well written and entertaining.
Grace
Solid premise, but found myself skimming the entire book. I tried to stick it out the first few chapter, but didn't feel any depth.
Barbara
This third installment in the Orphan Train miniseries is an excellent one, and I am so glad I read it! Colton Hayes is a great character, just the type of person whose work ethic and morals I admire,but yet he wasn't perfect and had his own struggles.Rebecca Sterling changed and grew during the course of the story, and was not at all your typical big city rich girl stereotyped character. If you like historical fiction, this whole miniseries is a wonderful look at how and why orphan trains existe ...more
Janis Kay
I loved the chemistry between these 2!!! The adorable bickering was awesome and you just know they're both trying to avoid the inevitable xD Not to mention that Heidi was beyond adorable and wanted to adopt her myself!

I was really bummed that this little series came to an end...I really would like to see how the kids turn out and such. I must confess, I was already pairing them up>< Bad, I know. Anyway, yes, I loved it and that's all folks!
Katrina
I am actually startled by this book. I really liked it...and I haven't been able to say that about any of these harlequin love inspired books in a long time. The characters were engaging and the plot was wonderful.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Orphan Train
Category: Inspirational Romance
Alana
Jul 09, 2013 Alana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
great ending to a wonderful series.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Orphan Train
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Jean Paz
Jean Paz marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Mindy Bollinger
Mindy Bollinger marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Sharon Richmond Bryant
Sharon Richmond Bryant marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Sarah Richmond
Sarah Richmond marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Melisa
Melisa marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and
More about Linda Ford...

Orphan Train (3 books)
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • The Marriage Barter (Orphan Train, #2)
Dakota Child The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2) Dakota Father The Cowboy Tutor The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas