Start by marking “Fatal Exposure (Buried Secrets Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Exposure (Buried Secrets Trilogy #1)

Fatal Exposure (Buried Secrets #1)

Silence is her only protectionPulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist B. K. ("Brynn") Elliot chronicles Baltimore's grittier side with her lens—a talent cultivated from her years as a teenage runaway. A reclusive figure, Brynn lives under everyone's radaruntil a photo from her past plunges her into the crosshairs of powerful enemies.

Detective Parker McCall has devoted fifte
Published June 4th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Exposure

Susan
This was a fantastic book from the very beginning. Brynn is a photojournalist who zealously guards her privacy. When she was a teen runaway she witnessed a murder that put her on a hit list. With her two friends they have stayed out of the public eye to protect themselves and each other. When a reporter takes her picture and publishes it she is put back into danger. Parker recognizes her from a picture of her with his brother who had also been a runaway and drug addict and was murdered fifteen y ...more
Barbara Ann
Jun 20, 2013 Barbara Ann rated it really liked it
This story starts off with an effective hook that immediately pulled me into the story. Detective Parker McCall gets a major lead on who may have murdered his younger brother, Tommy, fifteen years ago. When a photo of the famed but reclusive photojournalist Brynn Elliot appears in the newspaper, Parker recognizes her from years ago as a runaway teen seen with Tommy. He suspects Brynn may be the one who murdered Tommy or at the very least can provide answers about his death.

Parker is a dedicated
Dorine
Mar 20, 2013 Dorine rated it it was amazing
Recommended Read! Also posted at my blog, TBR MOUNTAIN RANGE.

The first book in this romantic suspense trilogy is sure to grab readers' attention as it did mine. Highly recommended to those who love gritty suspense with well-drawn characters, promising more to come in these intriguing stories about three runaways all grown up and struggling to survive their past.

Fifteen years ago three teenagers became friends while living on the streets as runaways. Their ability to survive depended on each othe
Silverana
May 15, 2013 Silverana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I enjoyed reading this. It describes the lives of young runaways and how the people they should be able to trust, don't give them the attention they deserve. Brynn is one of those runaways who was able to succeed in life. However, after hiding for 15 years, someone recognizes her bringing danger her way. Parker wants to find the murderer of his brother 15 years ago. Brynn is a major breakthrough. The romance was great as well as the suspense. Sometimes Parker irritated me with his by the book th ...more
Jody
Jun 17, 2013 Jody rated it it was amazing
As someone who doesn't read many suspense books I was left in awe of what Ms. Barrett has created. Fatal Exposure is a short read that packs a big whollop in its characterizations and overall storyline and the groundwork laid here provides big ramifications for future stories. By the end of this story it proves you can't run from your past forever and three young woman learn.

B.K. Elliot and her two friends were living on the streets at a young age, all of them on the run from something. For Bryn
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Jun 01, 2013 CoffeeTimeRomance andMore rated it it was amazing
Despite her successful career as photojournalist, B.K. Elliot, aka Brynn, makes very sure her true identity is never revealed. As long as her stepfather is alive, she will always be looking over her shoulder, knowing the day will come when she will have to stop running and end his hold over her.

Tommy’s death has left a deep and painful scar on Detective Parker McCall’s heart, a scar that will not heal until justice is served. Although his work with cold case files has come up blank, Parker vows
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Quick Review:

Description:

Silence is her only protection Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist B. K. ("Brynn") Elliot chronicles Baltimore's grittier side with her lens—a talent cultivated from her years as a teenage runaway. A reclusive figure, Brynn lives under everyone's radaruntil a photo from her past plunges her into the cross hairs of powerful enemies.

Detective Parker McCall has devoted fifteen years to trying to solve his brother's murder, and with the release of a photo implicating Bryn
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Fatal Exposure is a fast paced book about a women who's been hiding since she was a teenager, and now she's finally found by the wrong people. However, she may have also been found by someone "right" like Parker. Even though Parker is a cop Brynn wants to try to trust him so she can help save young girls, and so she can let him know what happened to his brother.

Parker just wants justice for what happened to his brother. He thinks Brynn may have killed him or witnessed the murder but she ran awa
Teresa
Jul 20, 2013 Teresa rated it it was amazing
This book had be hooked! I couldn't wait to figure out who was behind everything that was happening. Its also a reminder that there are still good guys out there. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Harlequin Books
"A fresh, intriguing plot, building suspense and strong sexual tension between Parker and Brynn makes this a stellar read." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Buried Secrets
Category: Suspense
Bob
Mar 15, 2013 Bob rated it really liked it
A fun, quick read. I just liked it.
Heather
Jul 11, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Romance Junkies book club
Liz
May 06, 2013 Liz rated it really liked it
Exciting plot line. I enjoyed the twist at the end.
Dísir
Fast Exposure surprised me and in a good way too. Despite the narrative fizzling out a little towards the end, losing the poetic quality that I loved in the beginning, the story was generally fast-paced, smoothly written and handled, full of whodunnit mystery and well-fleshed out characters that I grew to like immensely.
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Patty Desormeaux
Patty Desormeaux rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Ginnie
Ginnie rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Ashley Jett
Ashley Jett rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Cenna Lipscomb
Cenna Lipscomb rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2014
Rachel Marie
Rachel Marie rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Heather Heal
Heather Heal rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Joyce Ward
Joyce Ward rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Robin Priddy
Robin Priddy rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
200062
The nuns in my Catholic elementary school always said that each of us has a gift, a reason we were put here on earth. Our job is to discover what that purpose is. Well, I knew early on that I was meant to be a writer. Who else would spend her childhood grinding sparkling rocks into fairy dust and convince her friends it was real? Or daydream her way through elementary school, spend high school rea ...more
More about Gail Barrett...

Buried Secrets (3 books)
  • A Kiss to Die For (Buried Secrets Trilogy #2)
  • Seduced by His Target (Buried Secrets Trilogy, #3)