Start by marking “His for the Taking (Rich Rugged Ranchers #6)” as Want to Read:
His for the Taking (Rich Rugged Ranchers #6)

His for the Taking (Rich Rugged Ranchers #6)

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A Bad Girl's Secrets

Years ago, when Maddie Gray ran away from Yella, Texas, pregnant and alone, she left behind an undeserved reputation—and her young lover, rancher and oil heir John Coleman. Now she's on the edges of his sophisticated world once again, determined to keep all her secrets.

With Maddie back in his life, Cole finally has a chance to forget her for good—if he
Published June 4th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about His for the Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His for the Taking

Gag! worst book ever!!! (as of the moment) a weak MC. One of the first scenes, at the lake , the MC Maddie smatty dripping wet blah blah blah so curvy luscious blah blah blagag!!!!! so cheezy!! and then he ask her to marry him so he can be in his sons life. It got to a point where I was just like u know what?! this is exactly how it seems. She hooked up with him when she was young, got pregnant and rejected and ran away. He married lusted after another women (gag) and as soon as his wife dies, t ...more

Not my favorite of the series. Maddie had come back to Yella to take care of a friend. She neither expected or wanted to see Cole again. The people of the town had always looked down on her and she had been happy to escape. Cole's reappearance has shaken up her plans for her future and her desire to forget her past.

I had a hard time liking either Maddie or Cole, though I liked her marginally better. Maddie had grown up with a mother who was basically the town drunk and slut. She worked very hard
His For The Taking by Ann Major was a good book. Maddie Gray came from a poor family and her mother was a slut. Everyone though Maddie was also. As a teenager, Maddie had a summer fling with John "Cole" Coleman. Cole's family had lots of money. His mother wanted to make sure Cole married a nice girl. At the end of the summer one night Maddie went home and was raped by one of her mothers boyfriends. Maddie called Cole but his mother answered the phone and told her she wasn't good enough for Cole. ...more
Andrea Sanchez
Ugggg me desespero el libro esperaba más pero sinceramente todo va en picada desde las primeras páginas. Odié a los protagonistas, la madre, etc. A excepciones del hermanó la maestra e hijo. Definitivamente esperaba más.
I hated all the characters except, Noah(the son), Adam(the bastard older brother), and Ms. Jennie(the older lady teacher who knows everybody's secrets).
OMG no, I didn't read this sh..... so cliché, so corny and no story at all!
Andrea Moreno
2.5 ... ...more
Nadia Hamed
read it in a day. it was frustrating the way the characters went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth ... There's a lot to dislike about this book, and not many redeeming points ... was a good way to pass a lazy afternoon though.

I'm really reminded why I don't usually read Harlequin Desires, because they are usually so horribly written. I loved the description but this novel just sucked.
The story has its moments. But a predictable story.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rich, Rugged Ranchers
Category: Passion
Beiza added it
Nov 20, 2015
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Giovanna Centrella
Giovanna Centrella marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
nadzirah marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Nelisa added it
Aug 24, 2015
Ivey added it
Aug 18, 2015
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Margaret Major was born on February 13, 1946 in Texas, U.S.A.. She grew up in south Texas fascinated by the vast ranches, the oil industry, and the vital clash and blend of the Hispanic and Anglo cultures. Her post-secondary education is as varied and far-reaching as the woman herself. She attended Del Mar College, the University of the Americas in Mexico City, and the University of Texas in Austi ...more
More about Ann Major...

Rich Rugged Ranchers (6 books)
  • Sunset Surrender (Rich Rugged Ranchers #1)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • Beguiling the Boss (Rich Rugged Ranchers #3)
  • In the Rancher's Arms (Rich Rugged Ranchers #4)
  • The Texan's Contract Marriage (Rich Rugged Ranchers #5)