Start by marking “Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2)
Read Book

Dragon Blade (War of the Blades #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Swords forged by dragon magic. Ancient rivalries flaring into all-out war. Dragon Riders caught up in a clash of hidden powers. A world hangs in the balance.

Dragon Blade, the second book in J.D. Hallowell’s War of the Blades, is the epic conclusion to the story begun in Dragon Fate.

Delno Okonan, his draconic bond-mate, Geneva, and their allies among the Dragons and Riders
ebook
Published December 22nd 2012 by Smithcraft Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Blade

Eragon by Christopher PaoliniBentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past by Paul CudeEldest by Christopher PaoliniBrisingr by Christopher PaoliniDragon Eaters by Janet E. Morris
Best Kick-Ass Dragon Characters
11th out of 152 books — 125 voters
Eragon by Christopher PaoliniFire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa PetreshockDragon Eaters by Janet E. MorrisDragon Fate by J.D. HallowellFlight of Dragons by Kyra Dune
Dragon Lovers' Books
11th out of 114 books — 113 voters

More lists with this book...

A.L. Butcher
An excellent follow-up to Dragon Fate this continues the adventures of Delno and his friends as they seek to thwart machinations which will lead to war and tyranny.

I liked the battle scenes and the final boss fight and there was interesting twists with the un-bonded dragons. The wars and battles were dealt with in a believable and not overly gratuituous way. The ending and politics were dealt with well.

I am not sure if it was the author's intention but I found a distinct environmental message
Joan Johnson
Happy Ending to a Good Book

Although I would like to see another book set in this world created by Hallowell, it would be only my self indulgence, not necessary to the story. I recommend these two books to anyone interested in a fantasy adventure that is a smooth reading enjoyable experience. I do hope the author continues to write as I am anxious to repeat such a great ride.
Scott
Dragon Blade by J.D. Hallowell is the conclusion to the War of the Blades series. The world created by Hallowell continues to be enriched in the second novel, with a lot more information being revealed about the wild dragons.

There are some mild surprises that occur in this book with some of the established characters from Dragon Fate. Nothing that really had me shocked, but some little twists that I enjoyed. There are also a lot more characters involved in this book so the focus pulls back a bi
Lynda Bester
Ch'kara SilverWolf
Once again, J.D. Hallowell has written a wonderful book. I love the journey as the quest begins to further unfold. It brings action, adventure and romance, all the things that make great reading.

This is the continued journey of Delno and Geneva as they bring together more riders and unbonded dragons in order to fight against the evil Warrick.

If you like great dragon stories along the lines of Anne McCaffrey, then J.D. Hallowell is right up there.

I am impatiently awaiting book three.

Jamie
Delno and his dragon have a wonderful dynamic and I love how the story progresses and you learn more about how he relates to other dragon riders and humans out there. The descriptions of the characters and the scenery are great! I really loved both of the books in this series and recommend them to anyone that likes fantasy novels featuring dragons. You won't be disappointed!
Chris Bullock
This was the second book in the series, and I found it more settled and mature than the first. A very interesting and entertaining story about dragons and their riders. Well thought out and full of intrigue and plenty of action.
A very moral story aimed primarily at Young Adults, but entertaining for any age.
This is well worth a read.
Karen
I am so glad I read this second book in the series, right after the first. I love the dragon lore that is presented in this series.
Kelly
I have been having a really difficult time deciding how to rate this book. I think, if this were not a sequel, I would have rated it a three. However, because it is a sequel, I am going to go into it with the attitude that anyone who is looking to read this sequel has already read the first and so they are familiar with the author's writing style. There were a lot of things I loved about Dragon Blade, and several things that I didn't like as much.

To start with, let's cover what I loved. We see s
Justin
Good book, not as good as the first book in my opinion. The story was much better in this book but was kind of plain to end. Characters were not as enjoyable as the first book but still better than most books I have read. Was a good ending for the series nothing spectacular as I would have hoped after the first book but still very much worth reading. You cant go wrong in reading this series, its a easy reader and fun. Hope the world is expanded on in some point in the future.
The Literary Connoisseur
Dragon Blade, the sequel to Dragon Fate by J.D. Hallowell, was just as amazing as I expected. I'm going to miss Delno and Geneva so much... I'll just have to read them all over again!

Liam
Apr 17, 2013 Liam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Excellent & fun book/series, but the characters (especially Geneva) weren't as loveable as the first book!
Chris Robison
The whole series had an interesting premise, but it got painfully slow in parts. Everything was way over explained. Conversation topics in the book went on forever. I got to the point where I was skipping whole sections just to move things along.
Tim Dennehy
Tim Dennehy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 27, 2015
jose tomas
jose tomas marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 23, 2015
Magda Kossakowska
Magda Kossakowska marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Sheryl Klinkhammer
Sheryl Klinkhammer marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
  • Tempus (Thieves' World)
  • The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles
  • The Five Elements (The Alchemancer #1)
  • Red Gone Bad
  • Thread Slivers
  • Spectacular Tales
  • High Moor
  • The Valley of Decision
  • King of Ashes (The Longsword Chronicles, #1)
  • The Gates of Hell (Heroes in Hell, #2)
  • Devil on a Sparrow's Wing (Viridis, #2)
  • Shadow of the Wraith (Nexus)
  • Flux
  • The Witch Sea
  • Eulogy's Secret
  • A Measured Risk (Regency Risks, #1)
  • A Child of Fire (Book of One, #4)
  • Dead Religion
I'm a 50-ish father and husband who is fortunate enough to have lived an interesting and active life. I've had one two-book fantasy series, War of the Blades, published, and I have several other fantasy and SF projects in the works. I like to keep many irons in the fire at once, so my work experiences include such diverse occupations as automotive mechanic, cowboy, photographer, psychiatric tech, ...more
More about J.D. Hallowell...

War of the Blades (2 books)
Dragon Fate (War of the Blades, #1)