How to Misbehave (Camelot, #1)

How to Misbehave (Camelot #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,934 ratings  ·  339 reviews
What woman can resist a hot man in a hard hat? Beloved author Ruthie Knox kicks off her new Camelot series with this deliciously sexy original novella, in which a good girl learns how to misbehave . . . with all her heart.

Published January 28th 2013 by Random House Publishing Group

Jill

Amber Clark, programme director at the Camelot Community Centre, ex-Bible college student and all-round good girl has the hots for Tony Mazzara. Tony runs the construction company with his brother Patrick, doing the extensions at the community centre. When a tornado hits, Amber and Tony are the only two on site and spend time down in the darkened basement riding out the storm.

This is so good! Ruthie Knox has written...more
Lisa

How to Misbehave is a novella and the first book in the Camelot series by Ruthie Knox. After reading this book I asked myself why I have never read a book from this author prior to this one???? I loved this little gem and am now hooked on the series.

She was so damn cute, with that face and her ponytail and the whistle around her neck. Not cute like she was trying to be, but cute like she couldn't help it. Like a baby rabbit. It made him want to follow her around to keep the foxes from eating he...more
Karla
Mar 07, 2013 Karla rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Jill, Crista & Steffi

4 1/2 Stars!! My first Ruthie Knox...what the heck took me so long?!?! I want to learn how to misbehave, please teach me Tony!! *sigh*

Ruthie Knox knocked this one out of the park. How To Misbehave is filled with amusing heartfelt dialogue, endearing characters, and although this was a novella, the author didn’t lack in giving the reader a rich captivating story that read like a full length book.

When circumstances leave them at the mercy of Mother Nature, Tony and Amber find they are in the da...more
Duchess Nicole
"Patrick gave him flack about the way that she stared, but Tony liked how she looked at him. She made him feel big.
He needed to stop playing with her, but by the time her wide brown eyes finished meandering their way up his legs, past is crotch, and over his chest, he was feeling so bulletproof, he couldn't resist. "Honey, somebody's got to teach you how to misbehave. You're doing it all wrong.""

So this was really super cute and super sexy.
SHORT SYNOPSIS
Amber and Tony get stuck in the baseme...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted at Demon Lover's Books & More

All my friends on twitter and in the blogoshpere have been talking about Ruthie Knox. I don’t typically read Contemporaries, so at first I ignored all the awesome raves and comments. But it is still happening. Months later, my friends are still raving about her.
When I was offered the novella How to Misbehave for review, I jumped on it.

And boy am I glad I did. I couldn’t put it down.

A tornado warning traps construction worker Tony and community cent...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
That was some serious fabulousness in a tiny package.

I love Ruthie Knox. She just has away with characters. They always seem so real to me, like someone I could actually know in real life. They aren't perfect, but at the same time, they aren't caricatures of their flaws, totally defined by their issues. They are balanced. Good and bad, just like real people. I can't seem to help falling in love with them.

Tony and Amber are no different. On the outside, they seem incomparable, but find together...more
Crista
How much did I love this book? Let me count the ways....

How To Misbehave begins a new series that features a family of siblings (Amber, Caleb, and Katie Clark). Each sibling will get their own story and Amber gets hers first in this hilarious and heartwarming novella.

This book, quite simply, has made my day (and possibly my week!). It is a quick read (14 chapters long), but I haven't enjoyed reading a book this much in a long while. To say this novella is perfect would just be honest. This novel...more
KatLynne
Delicious and sexy quick read! Looking forward to the next installment in this series:)
Wendy
4.5 stars!

Hot and totally adorable Tony Marazzo has his work cut out for him in teaching little "Miss Vanilla" Amber how to misbehave. This is an engaging, fun, sweet and delectable read, with laugh out moments and enough steam to warm those little tootsies on a cold winter's night. It's a keeper! Enjoy!
Mandi Schreiner
“Honey, somebody’s got to teach you how to misbehave. You’re doing it all wrong.”

How much fun is this novella? A whole lotta fun. The hero is nicknamed The Italian Stallion, need I say more? Okay I do, because Tony is an adorable, blue-collared hero who is this big lug of a man who is a little damaged and has fears and…well let me back up and set up the story.

Amber Clark is the community director in the small town of Camelot, Ohio. She has her eyes on the very sexy foreman, who has been renovati...more
Paula

Amber Clark has been been known as the good girl all her life. But Amber doesn't feel like a good girl when she sees the muscular, sexy bad boy Tony Mazzara walking around the construction site at the community center where she works. The things Amber would like to do with Tony are definitely not good girl thoughts. No, Amber is a bad girl screaming to come out of her shell.

When a tornado threatens to come through their town, Amber and Tony are forced to take shelter into the basement of the co...more
Ash Wednesday
3.5 STARS

SEX BOOK! Yep, this is a sex book! Well strictly speaking there was one graphic sex scene but with lots of sexy sexual tension and salacious sexual innuendoes in this one between the shy good girl and the construction guy she's been crushing on for quite some time.

He wears a tool belt.

And a hard hat.
"You mean that man who keeps you late? You can't go down to the basement with him."
"Ofcourse I can. I have to."
"He's a stranger."
Yes but there's a tornado."

Hear that? A fucking tornad...more
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Can you say the cutest novella EVER? Because seriously - this is it.

Amber is living life feeling unsatisfied but not really realizing it. She has a secret crush on Tony, a construction worker at her work. When a tornado hits, last two in the building they are forced to huddle together in the basement until it passes.

I won't say much more, because it's such a short story, I'll just ruin it. But it made me laugh and it made my eyes misty and it made me swoon so fucking much. And it's just the cute...more
Jen
It wasn't that she wanted to misbehave. She just wanted to locate some other set of standards, some way to be and feel without worrying so much about doing the right thing all the time. She wanted to follow the occasional crazy impulse without getting smacked down for it.

That’s our gal Amber in a nutshell. She’s spent her entire life being the good girl and trying to please everyone around her with a heavy emphasis on not making big mistakes. She’s the girl who got straight A’s and went to mass...more
Sunny
Full review now posted on: http://loveaffairwithanereader.blogsp...

4.5 hot little stars. Ruthie Knox serves up this perfect little amuse-bouche to start her Camelot series about the Clark family. This story is emotionally rich, with spicy sexual notes, and more than a dash of humor. Despite the fact that it is merely a "little taste", the Ms. Knox manages to get surprising depth with her characters.

Amber Clark is a "good girl" and Tony Mazzara has a reputation for being a bad boy. He is misunde...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Jul 26, 2013 Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict by: Karla
Great start to a new series and author for me. Looking forward to the next book.....hope we get more Tony & Amber throughout the series!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Ruthie Knox is one of my go-to authors for Contemporary Romance. Her words manage to transport you into another place where her wit, charm and ability to coax readers into falling in love each and every time you pick up one of her books, has made me a loyal fan.
HOW TO MISBEHAVE is the first foray into her new series called Camelot. Readers are introduced to a cautious program director for the Camelot community center. In the midst of a tornado, Amber Clark and the sexy...more
Autumn Review
Since this was a novella, it didn't take long to read. I felt like How to Misbehave was a great introduction into the Clark family. It was fun, flirty, and definitely sexy.

Amber Clark is the oldest of the Clark siblings and somewhat reserved and definitely not all that experienced with men. She works at a community center, where she meets Tony. Tony is at the center working on some renovations. He's smokin hot and gives off a bit of a bad boy vibe. Surprisingly, even though this was a novella,...more
Jaime Arkin
I adore Ruthie Knox's writing style and her ability to tell just a wonderful story. Ride With Me by her is probably one of my fave Contemporary Romance books ever, and dare I say it... she's probably my favorite Contemporary Romance author around.

How to Misbehave is no exception. Amber Clark is working at the Camelot Community Center when a tornado warning forces her to spend time in the basement with a man she's been crushing over.

Tony Mazzara hasn't had the easiest life but he's managed to fo...more
Charlotte Stein
I was lucky enough to read this way early, which makes it one of my favourite books of this year. Even though it's released next year. It'll probably be one of my fave books of next year, too, however, so I'm not unduly worried about this confusion.

Wildly sexy with my favourite of all Ruthie's heroes...intense, delicious, full of squirmy moments and sharp moments. The chemistry between the leads is off the charts, too. Easily my favourite of all Ruthie's books - I think because it speaks to me...more
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

"...It's tricky to misbehave just the right amount... too little is bad of course. it sucks all the joy out of life. Trying to be good all the time. Trying to be safe.

But then if you overdo it, that's dangerous too. I think maybe everybody should have somebody to help them figure it out. Keep them in check. Misbehave with them, you know?"

A very cute and lovable story of 2 completely different people on misbehaving spectrum meeting in the middle to create one whole.

This story reminded me very m...more
Carisa
This novella is about the start of a relationship but it’s a stand alone as future stories are about heroine’s siblings. I liked author’s style, dialog, and hero –who is adorably cute.
SCENES/CONTENT: few/erotic
GENRE/TONE: contemporary/drama
LENGTH: 110 pages
figuranta m/m lover
3 stars

How to Misbehave is the first book in Camelot series and i have to say that i wasn't very impressed with it.

The blurb

As program director for the Camelot Community Center, Amber Clark knows how to keep her cool. That is, until a sudden tornado warning forces her to take shelter in a darkened basement with a hunk of man whose sex appeal green lights her every fantasy. With a voice that would melt chocolate, he asks her if she is okay. Now she's hot all over and wondering: How does a girl ma...more
Jill
This was my very first Ruthie Knox book and even though it was a shorty, it was a goody :)
I actually purchased this one because I received Along Came Trouble from Netgalley, it is the second in the series, so I thought I would start from the beginning.

Amber and Tony's story is a short, steamy and sweet one. I liked Amber's spunk, even though she was a bit innocent, she didn't take any shit from anyone. I love a character like that.
Tony...his back story was a lot heartbreaking and I am seriousl...more
Bri

This short little piece had everything I've come to expect from Ruthie's work: hot, swoony guy, excellent snark and banter, strong heroine, and hot as hell sex. She definitely started this series off with a bang, and I can't wait to read more about these characters.
Yvonne
I love Ruthie Knox!
She sure does pack a steamy punch in a novella!
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Amber’s had her eye on Tony for weeks while he’s been on site renovating the community center she works at. While she’s never talked to him, she fantasizes about him and when a tornado siren goes off one evening while she’s waiting for him to finish up work for the day, they find themselves spending some up close and personal time together in the cellar while they wait it out. Amber is pretty inexperienced with guys and sex, and she knows T...more
Beth
Community Center Director, Amber Clark, has led most of her life as a “good girl”, but she secretly has a crush on a "bad boy" construction worker expanding the Center. A tornado warning sends Amber and the hunky construction worker into the basement for safety. Giving them some up close time, Amber actually discovers her crushes name among other things…

Tony Mazzara was just seeking shelter from the storm but being closed in with the sexy Center’s direct was just a bonus. Knowing Amber is way to...more
Jane Stewart
A novella and therefore too short and not enough development, but it was a nice story - with erotic sex.

Characters were nicely done. He’s doing remodeling at her place of work which is how they meet. A tornado puts them together in the basement for awhile. The conversations and anticipation as they get to know each other was good. The one detailed sex scene was a little too long for me.

I’m not a fan of novellas. This one stopped too soon. After years of avoiding relationships, Tony has one night...more
danielle
I didn't expect to, but I totally loved this! I think Ruthie Knox has officially become a favorite contemporary romance author of mine. How to Misbehave was exactly what I needed to get out of a reading funk I've been in all week. I knew I'd at least enjoy it, but it's page length kept me from expecting anything more. I was wrong!

How to Misbehave begins in great romance fashion: with tornado sirens blaring, and a hero and heroine who are forced to spend a night together trying to stay safe. Ambe...more
How to Misbehave (Camelot Series) by Ruthie Knox - Buddy Read Camaro, Cam 21 11 Feb 21, 2014 11:01AM
  • The Story Guy
  • Thank You for Riding (Strangers on a Train)
  • Breath on Embers
  • Ticket Home
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #1)
  • Play With Me (Bedroom Games, #1)
  • Long Simmering Spring (Star Harbor, #3)
  • Talking Dirty with the CEO (Talking Dirty, #1)
  • Heating Up the Holidays 3-Story Bundle
  • Run To You
  • Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1)
  • Craving (Curio, #3)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Snowbound with the CEO
  • Plus One
  • Take What You Want
USA Today bestselling author Ruthie Knox writes contemporary romance that’s sexy, witty, and angsty—sometimes all three at once. Her debut novel, Ride with Me, is probably the only existing cross-country bicycling love story. She followed it up with About Last Night, a London-set romance whose hero has the unlikely name of Neville, and then Room at the Inn, a Christmas novella—both of which were f...more
More about Ruthie Knox...
About Last Night Ride with Me Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2) Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3) Making It Last (Camelot, #4)

“Was that some kind of romantic declaration, disguised as a filthy pirate sex offer?” 4 likes
“I'll make sure you're ready," he said gently. "And then I'm gonna make you beg me.” 3 likes