Start by marking “It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC” as Want to Read:

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  14 reviews

And if you’re a fan, then you probably recognize my face.

Okay, so I might not be the most subtle or refined announcer in the b
Published May 14th 2013 by Crown Archetype (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about It's Time!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Time!

Mike Sinagria
This was a fun book to read. It's fascinating to hear stories about the early days from a man who's been there since pretty much the beginning. My favorite story was about Bruce and Frank Trigg scrapping in the elevator over Dana's watch. Pure comic gold! Bruce Buffer has been training martial arts his whole life and is the real deal. Even after all his success, he still manages to stay humble and just be a cool human being. I tip my hat to you Mr. Buffer. Well done.
Steven
If you like the UFC, you'll like this book. I don't like the UFC.
Sandi Burch
4 out of 5 stars for "It's Time! by Bruce Buffer

If you’re reading these words, chances are that you, like me, are a fan of the great sport we call MMA. And if you’re a fan, then you probably recognize my face. Yeah, that’s right—I’m that guy you see at every UFC match, spinning around and roaring into the microphone and getting up in fighters’ grills. Okay, so I might not be the most subtle or refined announcer in the business. But I hope I communicate my passion for the sport in a way no other
Chris Harrison
Got this for the MMA stories, some of which were interesting, However the book did sometimes come across a bit egotistic at times. Maybe its a harsh statement but thats how I felt reading about some of the stories in the book. Talks as if he is every bit as important to the UFC as the fighters which is wrong in my opinion. Maybe I read it wrong but I think he comes across as having a high opinion of himself, maybe thats why hes still a bachelor.
George Ngo
A quick and entertaining peek into the life of the Voice of the Octagon. Bruce lives an interesting, extraordinary life, as a martial artist and fan of MMA. He shares his thoughts/experiences on certain fighters in the UFC and gives us a glimpse into his life: Pre-event preparation, routine, after party, guest rules, etc. He seems like a very genuine guy who will go out of his way to help fans of the sport.
Jay
Great little insight on the man behind the UFC mic. Easy and entertaining read with some nice unknown info even if you're a big UFC fan.
Mike Heller
I am a huge mma fan so it was cool to see how it all started from Bruce's 1st hand knowledge of being on the inside from the beginning. I thought the book flowed pretty well until the random chapter towards the end about all the women. He still kept it PG so it was all good
Quinn Horvath
This is for die hard UFC fans. As with many non-authors, Bruce tells his story in a conversational yet non-linear manner. A few entertaining stories about current and former UFC fighters, yet most of the stories were shared with promotional material.
Emily
Surprisingly entertaining, though the pre UFC days captured my attention more. Creative businessman, is Bruce.
Philip Berghan-whyman
Very enjoyable. Quick read. Lots of little tid bits about UFC and martial arts.
Tim Yaworski
Fun book to read great stories including his elevator ride with frank trigg.
J
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

Twenty years of a life. Okay.
db
Better than expected autobiography of a throwback character.
Jimmy Ferneyhough
Good stories if you are a UFC fan
Conor Kinirons
Conor Kinirons marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Chris Nguyen
Chris Nguyen marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
P
P marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
dj
dj marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
İzge Can Günal
İzge Can Günal marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Lucca
Lucca marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Paul
Paul added it
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Glare Ice (Claire Watkins, #3)
  • February Fever
  • Vestments
  • Lords of Corruption
  • The Laws of the Ring
  • It Takes Balls: Dating Single Moms and Other Confessions from an Unprepared Single Dad
  • Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii
  • The Devil's Bed
  • Heartwood
  • Ship of Haunts: the other Titanic story
  • A Practical Wedding: Creative Ideas for Planning a Beautiful, Affordable, and Meaningful Celebration
  • Jumped In: What Gangs Taught Me about Violence, Drugs, Love, and Redemption
  • This Book is Broken: A Broken Social Scene Story
  • 24: The Official CTU Operations Manual
  • 24 Declassified: Collateral Damage
  • My Fight / Your Fight
  • The Many Watsons
  • 24 Declassified: Cat's Claw
Bruce Buffer is the Veteran Voice of the Octagon—the official fight announcer of the UFC.
More about Bruce Buffer...