Start by marking “Courage (Beneath the Palisade, #2)” as Want to Read:
Courage (Beneath the Palisade, #2)

Courage (Beneath the Palisade #2)

Theodore Engdahl's sexual identity crisis clashes with his faith. Raised to believe homosexuality is a sin, Theo finds himself on the ropes with his girlfriend as well as his straight coworker, whom he can't stop staring at. Luckily, before he can panic too much, Theo discovers the support system provided by the Men's Center.

At the center, he meets Alex, and the two hit it
Published January 14th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published January 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courage

Thomaidha Papa
This book had me in deep thoughts for a while. I’m not sure of how much I liked it and how much it frustrated me. It is unique in too many ways let me tell you that.
First and foremost, when you read the blurb of this book you come to believe that your protagonist is Theo. In a way he is… However when you start reading and go on further in the story, at least for me, there was a confusion. I thought I was to read a story about Theo’s coming to terms with his sexuality and his steps toward his new
Jonathan
Jun 10, 2015 Jonathan rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
This sequel to 'Reliance' was generally a good story, catching up with Harper, Ian and Alex, but mostly because of the introduction of new characters Theo, Harold and Quentin. Alex and Theo's blossoming romance was particularly well written. Sometimes the dialogue between characters seemed to have been lifted straight from an Introduction To Relationships self-help manual, but the plot was good and the characters mostly likeable.
Izak
Nov 18, 2016 Izak rated it it was amazing
I must say that I love the "Beneath the Palisade" series - all three of them. This one, Courage, is the second in the series and follows mainly Alex Stevens' story, bringing also back-in Harper and Ian of the first series. Where the first of the series (Reliance) concentrated mainly on Harper and Ian, Courage concentrates on Alex and Theo.
I love the interaction between the characters. The new comer, Theo Engdahl, brings a new dimension regarding the "coming-out" of a young person and the possibl
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Mar 13, 2016 Gavin Stephenson-Jackman rated it really liked it
Another great read from Mr. Skelton that is very difficult to put down.

Courage is the second in the "Beneath the Palisades" series and picks up a couple of years after the end of the first book, "Reliance". Ian and Harper have made the resort into a thriving business and a growing family of friends and employees. Alex faces new challenges with his love life, and surviving dangerous waters both literally and figuratively. Theo enters Alex's life with a carpet bag full of issues that need his att
Stacia
Jan 22, 2013 Stacia rated it it was amazing
It was nice to read a book where everyone came together to help and support. What happens in this story I wish could happen in life all the time. Great support teams and a place to go.
Even after you've lost what was most important to a person, it was nice to read there was everlasting support there as well. If you want to know what I'm talking about, you'll have to read the book. You won't regret but bring tissues. Hope to see Harold again.
Idamus
Jan 18, 2013 Idamus added it
Shelves: m-m, did-not-finish
Becky Condit
Feb 10, 2013 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
5 stars and a Recommended Book!

Please see Trish's review, an interview with author Joel Skelton, and an opportunity to win an autographed copy of the book on February 22, 2013 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....
Cassie
Nov 22, 2013 Cassie rated it liked it
Shelves: minnesota-books
I was happy to find this book in my local library--and it takes places near my hometown! It was a fun, quick read. Pieces of the plot felt forced and unrealistic, but for the most part I enjoyed the story.
Gilles Morneau
Gilles Morneau rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Patrice
Patrice rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H. rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Aaron Varner
Aaron Varner rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Dacia
Dacia rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Raevyn
Raevyn rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
glorybox6
glorybox6 rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2013
John
John rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
John Varney
John Varney rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Saretta
Saretta rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Arnie
Arnie rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Aqila
Aqila rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Marc
Marc rated it really liked it
May 11, 2013
Dreamspinner Press: Beneath the Palisade: Courage by Joel Skelton 1 14 Jan 13, 2013 10:41PM
More about Joel Skelton...

Beneath the Palisade (3 books)
  • Reliance (Beneath the Palisade, #1)
  • Justice (Beneath the Palisade, #3)