Start by marking “I am Daniel Tahi (A Novella in the Telesa Series)” as Want to Read:
I am Daniel Tahi (A Novella in the Telesa Series)

I am Daniel Tahi (A Novella in the Telesa Series)

A novella that speaks from Daniel's perspective. Get to know your favorite character in a whole new way...as he reveals his sensual, passionate side. (And his sometimes angry, often funny side is pretty unforgettable too!)

AUTHORS NOTE: Due to mature content, Daniel's Novella is recommended for readers 17+ only.
Published December 22nd 2012 by Pasifika Books

Telesa by Lani Wendt YoungWhen Water Burns by Lani Wendt YoungI am Daniel Tahi by Lani Wendt YoungThe Bone Bearer by Lani Wendt YoungHonolulu by Alan Brennert
Best Pacific Literature Books
3rd out of 42 books — 35 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanStarcrossed by Josephine AngeliniHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Lost Hero by Rick RiordanThe Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
YA Mythology Series
123rd out of 192 books — 314 voters

More lists with this book...

Delphina
Jan 14, 2013 Delphina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Seriously, if you have read the first book in this series, you have to read this book. Do not even finish reading my thoughts, just go buy it. You learn so much about Daniel and why he did the things he did. His humor really shines through as do his many character strengths. Not only do you get to see his emotional journey through the story, but you also get to learn some facts that will make you happy. Not because they are joy filled necessarily, but because they fill in the questions you ...more
Margarette Verdin Ruiz-Te'o
Mar 18, 2013 Margarette Verdin Ruiz-Te'o rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
i enjoyed reading Daniel's point of view. had me wanting to read the first two books over again feeling like i had missed something...because i was too excited reading the books...all though i'm so excited for the 3rd book i think i'll just go back and read them again for the fun of it.i'm loving the story..
BookLovin
Dec 10, 2014 BookLovin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
OMG! I am so happy that this popped up in my book recommendations because I didn't even know that it existed. I was dreading the wait for the 3rd installment to come out and then I found this and I am just sooo grateful for it. I didn't think I could love his character anymore than I already did, but I was wrong. He is just so dang lovable and I kind of wish that the whole series was from his point of view (:
Jullie
Apr 01, 2013 Jullie rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this novella. Always good to hear/read the other side of a story lol, had to laugh at what Daniel REALLY thought at times about Leila in this 'version'. Can't wait for The Bone Bearer to come out!! I AM DANIEL TAHI - NOVELLA, to fully appreciate Daniel's novella, buy & read TELESA & WHEN WATER BURNS...they won't disappoint
Sieni A.M.
Dec 30, 2012 Sieni A.M. rated it it was amazing
Tweaked and polished revised version of "Telesa", the first book in the series.

Funny and entertaining novella from Daniel's POV. Love his inner dialog and the bantering between him and Simone.

Simone to Daniel when he's trying to gain Leila's attention: Do a Magic Mike. That mite work.

LOL!

also, love that Lani made that little addition about her daughter--so clever!)

Heileen Togiamana
Apr 10, 2013 Heileen Togiamana rated it it was amazing
Great to get an inside of Daniels thoughts.... Keep writing, you are very talented and know how to get the attention of us Islanders... Now you know your Market - keep at it! There's only a few out there.
Shelley
Jan 19, 2013 Shelley rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed getting Daniel's point of view on his interactions with Lelia. It is nice to know he has the internal battles to control himself and he can still be a proper gentleman. In the series is seems all too easy for him to resist sexual temptation but this shows another side to Daniel.
Mignon
Feb 05, 2013 Mignon rated it liked it
Disappointing. I love Daniel and this book makes him look like a crazy hormone driven teenager instead of a sweet prince charming like how he comes across in the first two books. it was fun to hear his side of the story but I didn't like how crude it was.
Bianca
Dec 30, 2012 Bianca rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Dying for the third book, therefore this addition was really nice to hold me over!!
Will try out some of the recipes!!!
Maylene Gautusa
Jan 03, 2013 Maylene Gautusa rated it it was amazing
Maleko is hilarious! Loving the diva Simone too :)
Vaisola
Jan 29, 2013 Vaisola rated it really liked it
I loved Daniel's mind set in this book.
Casey Gee
I loved it!
Pelenatete
Apr 28, 2013 Pelenatete rated it really liked it
love it love it...
Lehua Parker
Jul 23, 2013 Lehua Parker rated it really liked it
As a writer and reader, I find it a fascinating experiment to retell a story from another character’s viewpoint in a way that is fresh and exciting. In her companion novella to the Telesa series, I am Daniel Tahi, Lani Wendt Young takes us back through the events in Telesa: The Covenant Keeper through the eyes of Daniel Tahi, the Samoan hunk and moral heart of the Telesa series.

Telesa, book 1, is told from Leila Folger’s outsider point of view. Raised in America by a Caucasian father, Leila does
Tiffany Le nevez
Aug 27, 2013 Tiffany Le nevez rated it it was ok
Do I want to be inside the mind of a horny Samoan teenage boy? Yes, but by being in his mind I mean that I want him to be thinking of me (respectful honourable thoughts only of course! Haha) my final answer is no. I don't want to know what's in his mind or hear about how he falls in love with miss low self esteem leila who is physically strong, mentally weak. It's too similar to bella in twilight. And this is lani wendt's version of Stephanie Myers midnight sun. Two smokin hot male characters ...more
Litiana ✨
Sep 10, 2015 Litiana ✨ rated it liked it
I liked this book & Daniels character from his point of view but I didn't think it was necessary to have it. Simply because in the first book, it was clear how much he loved Leila so this book didn't need to depict his side of the story. It was like reading a summarized story of the first book. But still, I liked it. Jus to see Daniels point of view in it all. & the humor at the end while he was being tortured, I mean who else would find humor while your physically in pain. Lol
Analyn
Aug 06, 2015 Analyn rated it really liked it
Liked the different perspective, but skipped some parts.

Loved it. There are just a few parts I wish would've been included in the book, like what Daniel thought and felt the first time he saw Leila dance the Siva, or what he was thinking when they were at McDonalds. Part of it felt rushed. But I liked having a book from Daniel's perspective. I would love it if Lani would do this for the other two books in the series as well.
Hope
Aug 18, 2015 Hope rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It was such a great book, especially since it was nice to hear from Daniel's point of view on how he saw Leila for the first time, the obstacles he went through when finding out that him and Leila were both gifted.This obviously deserved all five stars, personally speaking for myself. Met the author and she's awesome! ^_^
Tehani
Jul 15, 2013 Tehani rated it it was amazing
I totally recommend this book if you have read Telesa! I only wish she would write another novella for when water burns & the bone bearer. It's so interesting to read the same story but from another perspective.
Michelle Wall
Apr 14, 2014 Michelle Wall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-content
I love Daniel's side, because you actually get to know what he is thinking!! I love that she wrote his story for the first book! It is adult content but if you know men and how they think, you will not be surprised!
Sarah Bartlett-Wright
I thought that this book was well written but didn't really have all that much information, it skipped quite a few scenes but overall was a good novella
Buffy
Jan 14, 2014 Buffy rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I found it very interesting getting Daniel's point of view. Now on to the final book in the series! :)
Lalatina
its alright i guess it wasnt like that interesting like the other triology like telesa and when water burns.
Erin
May 15, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
I am ready for the last book in this series already. I think that the patrons will like this one because it is packed full of sex and sex sells. :)
Sumbo13
Sumbo13 rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Antonia Cansibog
Antonia Cansibog rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Tiale
Tiale rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
  • Illumine Her
  • Sons for the Return Home
  • They Who Do Not Grieve
  • Tales of the Tikongs
  • House of Skin: Prize-Winning Stories
  • One Boy, No Water (Niuhi Shark Saga, #1)
  • Full of Heart: My Story of Survival, Strength, and Spirit
  • Aloha Betrayed: Native Hawaiian Resistance to American Colonialism
  • Claiming The Prize
  • Almost Paradise
  • Blue Skin of the Sea
  • Killing Memories (Killing Memories, #1)
  • The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • Lucky Me: My Life With--and Without--My Mom, Shirley MacLaine
  • Potiki
  • South Sea Tales
  • Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples
I write, read, blog, teach, cook, make soap, try not to yell at my five children too much, pretend I'm a runner when I'm just a shuffler, dance a lot (and embarass the five children), and then I write some more.

I spend too many sleepless nights blogging as a slightly Demented Domestic Goddess over at Sleepless in Samoa...There's several books floating around out there in the universe with my name
More about Lani Wendt Young...