Start by marking “Burn A Short Romance Story” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Burn A Short Romance S...

Amanda Lawrence Auverigne

Burn A Short Romance Story

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  11 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published (first published February 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Burn A Short Romance Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn A Short Romance Story

Novel Delight Review & Lisa (Lissa) Smith's Bookshelf
Ouch, what's up with the POV? Starting at chapter one it reads like a letter addressing a boy directly then by mid chapter it swivels from stalker letter to first person then back again. I got major whiplash.
Arlena

By: Amanda Lawrence Auverigne
Published By: A.L.A.
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Book Blog For: GMTA
Review:

"Burn" by Amanda Lawrence Auverigne was definitely one of those saying 'Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.' This is a novella of a young woman who was obsessed with a certain good looking guy, however, her never notices her. Finally she is able to overcome her infatuation. Would you believer that as she moves on with her life the guy that she was infatuat
Sandra "Jeanz"
Dec 29, 2012 Sandra "Jeanz" rated it it was ok
MY REVIEW
This one came from Librarything in exchange for my honest review.
The cover features a young woman's face, and rose petals around her. Did I find the cover appealing? It is okay I suppose the rose petals get your attention. The short blurb interested me more.
So the book tells the tale of a young woman who is somewhat obsessed by a good looking guy. The guy never really notices her at all. Gradually the young woman overcomes her infatuation. Then just as she has "moved on" the guy in ques
Grammar*Kitten
I was fortunate enough to win an e-book copy of Burn by Amanda Lawrence Auverigne in a Librarything Giveaway.

Burn wasn't what I expected at all. For a start, it was written in first person, which I'm usually not too fond of. It was written with very short, sharp, simplistic sentences, and almost the entirety was an internal monologue from the protagonist, Penny.

From the beginning, I was expecting a short story of love and loss, possibly even devastation and death, but it quite quickly turned int
Poet Gentleness
Mar 03, 2013 Poet Gentleness rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This is not exactly what I would call a 'romance' more a mismatch. Amanda Auvergine's novella is a very well written fantasy story about this mismatch and how good friend' intentions interfering in life's natural course could be disastrous. The pace is quickly as it should be for a novella and I loved the end. Great and quick read.
I won this book in LibraryThing giveaway and this is my honest opinion about it.
Amanda
Feb 10, 2013 Amanda rated it it was ok
It has the potential to be so much more, but was entertaining all the two minutes it took to read.
Eliza Bell
Eliza Bell rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Shauna
Shauna rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Melanie
a fast read, not what i expected for a romance.
looking forward to reading more by this author
Olena
Olena rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Maialen
Maialen rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2013
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Corrine
Corrine marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Vernetta
Vernetta marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jos
Jos marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Sep 04, 2015
loisa
loisa added it
Sep 28, 2016
Amanda Lawrence Auverigne writes Horror, Humor and Dark Fantasy fiction.
More about Amanda Lawrence Auverigne...