Start by marking “Morgarten (The Forest Knights, #2)” as Want to Read:
Morgarten (The Forest Knights, #2)

Morgarten (The Forest Knights #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  11 reviews
MORGARTEN (Book 2 of The Forest Knights Duology)

This action-packed conclusion to The Forest Knights series picks up where ALTDORF left off.

A small force of peasants from the forest regions surrounding Lake Lucerne, rise up against their Austrian overlords in the 14th century. Outnumbered seven-to-one by the battle-hardened Habsburg army, they have little hope.

A daring moon
ebook
Published November 2012 by UE Publishing Co.

To ask other readers questions about Morgarten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgarten

Lucian
Yep, it was as good as the first book, Altdorf. Mysteries revealed, wars fought, good prevailed. I burned through this in two days, work days mind you. And for those co-workers who may read this review, I did not read all day at my desk. Only at lunch.
As a lover of historical fiction it was refreshing to read about another part of medieval Europe for a change. I hope there is more to this story but for now I will certainly pick up the authors other books as well.
Catherine Nobles
Having read both Altdorf and Morgarten, I concluded that fhe author is an excellent storyteller and his research exquisite. There is so much that could be said about these books, like details of the stories and characters, but I leave that to others. I loved reading the books

I appreciate historical novels featuring locales and eras about which little has been written. I could be wrong, but I am not aware of other novels which enlighten readers about Switzerland's struggles to keep it's independe
Cheryl M-M
Once again Swift has delivered a great reading experience. This sequel to ALTDORF (The Forest Knights} picks up where we left the main characters at the end of book one.
Set in medieval times with a great balance between fiction and historical fact, this book certainly doesn't disappoint when it comes to keeping the reader interested and involved in the story.
It was intrigueing to see the way the romantic triangle evolved, only to come to sudden halt, due to certain visions and misinterpreted dre
Erik Orrantia
Though I did enjoy this story and I needed to get closure on Part I, I didn't find the writing to be as sublime. It wasn't the same transport to the past as the first. I don't think the editing was as good, either. A definite downgrade from the first, but a worthwhile read nonetheless.
Michael
Excellent read

I downloaded the first book in this series because it was free and quickly purchased Morgarten as soon as I finished. The author created believable fleshed out characters. Pair that with a great story and you have a series that I look forward to visiting again in the future.
Jelios Ataliakrouso
Outnumbered seven-to-one by Leopold's the battle-hardened Habsburg army and the elite horseback force(forgot the name) Our own battlehardend holy land warrior/sailor/healer is dressed for war, despite his initial opposition to the rebellion against Habsburg.
The romance, like the book before is very childish, but the scenarios of this godlike Tom, makes some serious inhuman odds.
The fighting despite inhumanly possible was fun, and the ending answers some questions regarding Tom, and also props
KateMarieTM
As with the first in this set, I would rate four and a half. I realize with historical fiction regarding a singular event, there is a limit to how far such a story may continue. Morgarten is a well written novel interweaving an excellent cast of very likeable...well some not so much... characters in and around the Battle of Morgarten. I found I would be happy to read more about them, even if only in a totally fictitious tale.
Johan
The second book in Swift's 'The Forest Knights' series. Following on from 'Altdorf', Swift engagingly tells the story of how the Swiss farmers and townsmen of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden - without the help of Zurich, Basel and Lucerne - faced the military might of the House of Habsburg.
An entertaining, and educational, David versus Goliath tale, with a dash of ancient spirituality thrown in for added zest.
Really enjoyed it.
Danielle Hoffman
This book flowed much better than the first. It is just too bad that you have to get through the first book in order to appreciate the gem that is the second! :)
Hate2beLate
Yup, the second book is just as wonderful as the first. So worth the time. I read it in a day. I just couldn't help myself. Well done J.K., well done.
I liked the sequel a little more than the first book, it was well written with a good pace, a great battle scene at the end and a thoughtful ending.
Lucas Deal
Lucas Deal marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Karyd
Karyd marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Adam Mickelson
Adam Mickelson marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Cheryl Gocken
Cheryl Gocken marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Border Lord's Bride
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6, The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)
  • Heart of the Dove (Dragon Chalice, #3)
  • Heart's Ransom (Heart and Soul #1)
  • The Crimson Castle
  • The Pagan's Prize
  • Beneath A Highland Moon (The Highland Moon #1)
  • Wrath of the White Tigress: A Tale of Pawan Kor
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Devil Black
  • A Spell Cast Volume One (Seven Spell stories, #1)
  • A Knight's Reward (Knight's, #2)
  • Conquering Passion
  • Bold (The Handfasting, #1)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles)
**Join the mailing list and be the first to know when J. K. publishes something new! http://eepurl.com/hT8zU

J. K. Swift lives in Vancouver, Canada. He is the author of "The Forest Knights" series of novels which take place in medieval Switzerland. He has worked as an elementary school teacher, jailhouse guard, Japanese translator, log peeler, accountant, martial arts instructor, massage therapist,
More about J.K. Swift...

The Forest Knights (2 books)
  • Altdorf (The Forest Knights, #1)
Altdorf (The Forest Knights, #1) Healer (Keepers of Kwellevonne, #1) Farrier (Keepers of Kwellevonne, #2) Kappa Hunter Playing with Fire