Start by marking “1302 - The Alpha (The 13th Floor series, #2)” as Want to Read:
1302 - The Alpha (The 13th Floor series, #2)

1302 - The Alpha (The 13th Floor series #2)

Having been cooped up in her apartment for months, Stefanie Porter didn't think one run in the woods would matter. The wolf within her needed to stretch her legs, but obviously she didn't have very good instincts. Her former pack found her, and they almost catch her too, but a mysterious lone wolf jumps in to help Stefanie escape.

The pack is driven by their cruel Alpha, Wy
Published January 13th 2013

To ask other readers questions about 1302 - The Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1302 - The Alpha

Chrys Fey
Jul 27, 2015 Chrys Fey rated it it was amazing
Stefanie is a werewolf. She was the leader of a pack, but had been defeated by another power-hungry werewolf named Wyatt. When she lost, her pack turned on her. Wyatt has a more sinister plan though...he wants her to be his mate, which is something she'll never let happen. With Wyatt and his pack close on her scent, a strange werewolf comes to her aid. James.

Right off, this story was exciting with chases in the woods and an escape over rooftops. I also loved how Christine Rains added bits from
Cherie
Jan 07, 2013 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Christine Rain’s 1302 – THE ALPHA twists the norms of paranormal romance on its head.

Werewolf Stefanie Porter needs to stretch her legs after being cooped up for months in her apartment, but the one time she goes out, her old pack has found her. She won’t let their Alpha Wyatt capture her again. A lone wolf saves her life. James Roberts wants to use his werewolf powers to be a superhero, and he will do anything to help Stefanie, teach her his tricks. But this Alpha wolf is used to doing things o
Julie Flanders
Jan 22, 2013 Julie Flanders rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the 13th Floor series! This is the first werewolf story I've read that had a female protagonist and "alpha" wolf, and Stefanie is a great main character. The Alpha of her pack before losing her position to an enemy and going on the run to escape him, she's now living on Carmine's mysterious 13th Floor and constantly in fear of being discovered by her former pack. When Stefanie's life comes unraveled, she meets lone wolf James, a geeky and adorable guy who fancies himself as a ...more
Nick Wilford
Feb 11, 2013 Nick Wilford rated it it was amazing
The Alpha is the second in the 13th Floor series and so far it looks like this series will just get better. I really enjoyed the fact there was a wide range of villains with distinct personalities, and family ties within Stefanie's former pack that add layers of complication. Stefanie has run from her pack after losing to a rival and when she runs into them again it looks like the odds are stacked against her. She teams up with a geeky lone wolf who fancies himself as a superhero, and while I ...more
Graeme Ing
Feb 15, 2013 Graeme Ing rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Another great 13th Floor novella by Christine Rains. This one's about werewolves, a subject that has become terribly cliched, but not this book. I think it's because Rains concentrated on the people, their relationships and emotions. Sure there are some great wolf scenes and a great wolf fight, but the book really comes into its own when the characters are in human form. Rains writes very real, believable characters that you really root for and care about. An interesting commentary in here about ...more
Linda
Feb 25, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
The Alpha is the second novella in the series The 13th Floor.

Werewolf Stefanie Porter is a female Alpha that has been dethroned by Wyatt, a manipulative and vicious Alpha seeking a new pack. After being imprisoned and beaten, she finally managed to escape, and has sought sanctuary in apartment 1302 in the city of Carmine on the mysterious 13th floor. She is now trying to rebuild her life apart from a pack.

When her old pack catches up with her, during a run in the woods, a mysterious lone wolf ju
Decadent Kane
Jul 11, 2014 Decadent Kane rated it liked it
I actually give this 3.5 stars.

"She was the queen, and she was going to regain her throne herself. Or die trying."

One woman's loss is another mans gain. Wyatt infiltrated Stefanie's pack and took her down a few pegs on the alpha chain. He wanted her as his mate, and she isn't so interested. She's been on the run ever since, that was a year ago. All she wants is freedom and her pack back.
But in order to have either, she'll have to face the alpha, Wyatt, and all his horrible deeds.

Rain's created a
T.B. Markinson
Nov 29, 2013 T.B. Markinson rated it it was amazing
Recently I read the first story of the 13th Floor series and really enjoyed it. Just now, I finished the second story, The Alpha, and loved it. I’m trying to decide if I liked it more than the first, but I think both are equal as far as character development and story goes. However, I really liked that this story revolves around a female alpha. I’m drawn to strong female characters and it’s a bit of a twist for this genre.

And I have to say that James is just adorable. When Stefanie discovers him
Melissa Maygrove
I normally don’t read novellas or serials, but after seeing the cover of The Marquis and reading about the concept of the 13th Floor, I just *had* to try it. I wasn't disappointed. Not only is the writing very good, but the installments are being published rapidly enough that I’ve been able to keep up with the story without forgetting what happened before (one reason I avoid series). Still, I hope the author will consider publishing these as a collection once the series is complete.

The writing:
Medeia Sharif
Apr 26, 2014 Medeia Sharif rated it really liked it
After Stefanie loses her wolf pack to a rival, she goes into hiding on the 13th floor of her apartment building. She needs to go out and run, be a werewolf who isn’t cooped up inside. Leaving her building leads to big trouble because the new Alpha, Wyatt, and his pack haven’t forgotten her. Wyatt is cruel and bloodthirsty, so Stefanie has a lot to contend with. Although she's strong, she can't fight him alone and receives help in the form of James, a lone wolf. The fight scenes are intense and ...more
Colette
Jan 18, 2013 Colette rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed The Alpha. I enjoyed it because it was a Paranormal Romance with a bit of Urban Fantasy thrown in. There was lots of action, and Stefanie wasn't going to go away without a fight. I liked her relationship with James-it did have a bit of an instalove feel, but it worked. If you are looking for something that is a bit different, then I highly recommend this one. :)
Anna Abner
Feb 03, 2013 Anna Abner rated it it was amazing
Christine Rains' storytelling skills only improve over time. There is no fluff in the novella The Alpha. It starts fast and never slows down. Stefanie is a werewolf with a big problem. Luckily, the sexy young man she meets in a college bookstore is the answer to both her physical problems and her emotional ones, too. I can't wait for 1303!
Tara
Mar 10, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it
Another well-written, fast paced, action packed paranormal romance. I love that the Alpha is female. And the chemistry with her Beta is electric! Each of these 13th floor books could spark their own series. They're total teasers! Now on to 1303!
Heather M. Gardner
Jan 21, 2013 Heather M. Gardner rated it it was amazing
This was even better than 1301! Great job Christine Rains. I really enjoyed these characters and the tie-in of the first book. After seeing the cover for 1303 I am ready and waiting!
Tammy Theriault
Feb 27, 2013 Tammy Theriault rated it it was amazing
finished it in a few hours. the fight scenes were awesome!! the end was yummmmmy...gotta read it to know what i mean. i only wish these were longer stories!!
Janna
Jun 12, 2014 Janna rated it it was ok
I liked this one so much more than the first book. It's a new little story about werewolves than I've seen before. Book 3 is about a dragon slayer, sounds interesting.
Tonja Drecker
Tonja Drecker rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2013
Crystal Collier
Crystal Collier rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Khalida
Apr 25, 2016 Khalida rated it liked it
actually I give this book 3.5 stars :D
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
Jossie Solheim
Oct 05, 2013 Jossie Solheim rated it really liked it
a really nice short read, with a great ending. I really enjoyed it :)
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
Misha Gericke
Misha Gericke rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Heather Musk
Heather Musk rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Shah Wharton
Shah Wharton rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Lynda R. Young
Lynda R. Young rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Kyra
Mar 31, 2013 Kyra rated it it was amazing
Another thoroughly enjoyable read by Christine Rains!
Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. When she's not playing games with her son, she's playing games with her friends. She has four degrees which do not help at all with motherhood but make her a great Jeopardy player.

Christine has several novellas and short stories published. She's the author of the paranormal romance series, The 13th Floor. She is a member of Untethered Realms and
More about Christine Rains...

The 13th Floor series (5 books)
  • 1301: The Marquis (The 13th Floor, #1)
  • 1303 - The Dragonslayer (The 13th Floor series, #3)
  • 1304 - The Harbinger (The 13th Floor series, #4)
  • 1305 & 1306 - The Oracle and The Vampire (The 13th Floor series, #5)