Start by marking “The Pugilist's Holiday” as Want to Read:
The Pugilist's Holiday

The Pugilist's Holiday

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A boxer must go toe-to-toe with a jolly old elf and his devastating left hook. A seemingly-innocent holiday confection grows to enormous size, threatening a scenic Northern California town. The reanimated dead rise from their graves, bringing terror to a season previously known for peace on earth and goodwill toward men. These are the weird worlds contained within The ...more
Published September 30th 2012 by Apeshit! Media

To ask other readers questions about The Pugilist's Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pugilist's Holiday

Melki
Here are four holiday-themed short stories to entertain you, and let you ignore, for a few moments anyway, the fact that your youngest son is positively vibrating with anticipation and Christmas cheer - (as in he's driving you up the freakin' wall!)

The Killer Fruitcake That Ate Petaluma is pretty self explanatory. A gigantic "gift-that-nobody-wants" is devouring the city. Time to send in a crack team of competitive eaters. Oh, the humanity!

In the title story, a Christmas eve boxing match leads t
Shamus McCarty
Dec 25, 2012 Shamus McCarty rated it really liked it
I downloaded this because it was free and Ross has been on my "To-Read" list for a while. WOW, what a pleasant surprise! It's short, I think I read the whole thing in an hour and a half. It's also really damn good.

I was impressed at the uniquely different voice he used with each story. If I didn't know better I'd say each story was written by a different person.

My favorite, was his zombie tale. Now I know what you're saying, "Zombies, AGAIN. Hasn't this horse been beaten to death, returned fro
Orrin Grey
Apr 06, 2015 Orrin Grey rated it really liked it
In addition to being probably my favorite editor working in the field--and not just because he frequently buys my stories--Ross E. Lockhart is also an author to be reckoned with, and his novel Chick Bassist is one of the best I've read in recent years. This is an ebook collection of light and humorous holiday stories, ranging from a giant monster scenario to a Robert E. Howard tribute and beyond. My favorite was probably "The Killer Fruitcake That Ate Petaluma."
Patrick Tumblety
Dec 20, 2013 Patrick Tumblety rated it it was amazing
A cute collection of holiday tales to put you in a macabre (and jolly) holiday spirit. Evil fruitcake, a fight with Santa, zombies, and good old fashion holiday revenge make this a fun read for the holidays.
Ross Lockhart
Jan 24, 2013 Ross Lockhart rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ryon
Ryon rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Jonny Berg
Jonny Berg rated it did not like it
May 30, 2014
Brian Mcclain
Brian Mcclain rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Periklis
Periklis marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
FabulousRaye
FabulousRaye marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Lauren Bishop
Lauren Bishop marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Matthew Macnish
Matthew Macnish marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Daniel Vlasaty
Daniel Vlasaty marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Jeremy Maddux
Jeremy Maddux marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Tiff Franks
Tiff Franks marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Rachel Olivier
Rachel Olivier marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Andrey Dolganov
Andrey Dolganov marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
John Palisano
John Palisano marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Ross E. Lockhart is the Publisher/Editor in Chief of Word Horde. A lifelong fan of supernatural, fantastic, speculative, and weird fiction, Lockhart holds degrees in English from Sonoma State University (BA) and SFSU (MA). He is a veteran of small-press publishing, having edited scores of well-regarded novels of horror, fantasy, and science fiction. Lockhart edited the acclaimed Lovecraftian ...more
More about Ross E. Lockhart...