Wills of the Rich and Famous

2.86 of 5 stars 2.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Paperback
Published by Grand Central Publishing

Bethany
The farther I read, the more I felt the cover was pretty sensational in what it promised versus what it delivered.

I like the concept. But the book was mostly commentary, scattered with some factual evidence, that wasn't nearly as interesting as I thought it would be. Commentary isn't bad, but it seemed to outweigh the factual evidence sometimes. And for some entries, I couldn't make the leap to why their will was notable.

Not only that: I love a good pun, but the author makes some eye-rollingly...more
Alisa
on the one hand the topic is somewhat predatory. on the other hand the info was derived from information that became public by virtue of the disposition of the wills. it feeds a harmless curious glimpse into how a few rich and famous dispense with their worldly possesions after they have no way to use them. makes a good bathroom library book.
Denise
Everyone is curious about the rich and famous. Look at the media coverage of Michael Jackson's death. Poor Farrah Fawcett has barely gotten a mention. Looking at how the rich and famous dispose of their worldly possessions and their instructions about their own funeral is interesting and sometimes very surprising.
Linda Nichols
Interesting stuff. Something to read in short bursts.
Jarrod
Jarrod added it
Jul 14, 2014
Michelle Attuso
Michelle Attuso is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
May 02, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Hbc
Hbc marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Russ Autrey
Russ Autrey marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2012