Start by marking “The First Supper (Tigers and Devils #1.2)” as Want to Read:
The First Supper (Tigers and Devils #1.2)

The First Supper (Tigers and Devils #1.2)

Meeting the parents is never easy.

Set during the timeline of "Tigers and Devils" this short story finds Simon Murray in the midst of a panic attack as both his and Declan Tyler's parents face each other for
the first time.

The way Simon's acting, it's bound to be a disaster...

approx 2400 words
Published December 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The First Supper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Supper

Jilrene ♥
Fun! And sweet and just right.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
This one is really boring me. Good thing it's so short. Only 50% but it's all football talk and who the best coach is. I haven't laughed once. It's not charming, and watching Simon get sloppy drunk is just eh. I'm not sure what the point of this ones supposed to be. Going to try the last half now

Second half was better. Them in the kitchen was cute but I never laughed and never really got into the short story. It's free, but I think I would have rather not read this one. It just feels like what
Susan65
Dec 21, 2012 Susan65 rated it liked it
This was okay and great to see the interaction with the parents but, it still lacked something.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 02, 2013 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, freebies, ebook, shorty
Always love seeing Dec and Simon. The first half was ok with the parents sitting together and chatting/arguing about teams. The second half was more intimate with Simon and Dec sharing a private moment together getting a break from the parentals. Too short, but still a nice peek.
Pebbles1374
Jan 22, 2016 Pebbles1374 rated it liked it
Heller
Dec 27, 2012 Heller rated it really liked it
A sweet short freebie with Declan and Simon's parents meeting for the first time.
Anke
Dec 21, 2012 Anke rated it it was ok
See Bubble's review
clear skies
Dec 26, 2012 clear skies rated it really liked it
So a few reviewers were sad that this short was a bit heavy on the football side. Just because you don't know the sport doesn't mean it wasn't a good short. I shall point out the many times Simon and Roger talk about football in the actual novels. Not sure why this was a criticism but I digress. I loved that the family members were "discussing" football when they so obviously had different opinions. Simon having a meltdown during and after the whole meet was hilarious. The sweet ending between ...more
Ami
Dec 21, 2012 Ami rated it liked it
I agreed with Bubbles that this was a bit MEH. Only talking about football, in a league that I had no recognition or knowledge of (if they're talking about English Premiere League or even Spanish La Liga -- which are more popular in Indonesia -- I might enjoyed it better). BUT, it was fun to see Simon drunk. They were just adorable. So I could still give it my 3-stars.
Bev
Dec 25, 2012 Bev rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Yet another little vignette from the Wizard of Oz!! This was also a laugh as Simon was drunk (and we all know what happens when he gets drunk!). If you love them like I do, visit the Wizard's website and download the free 'Countdown to the End of the World' story based on the Mayan calendar apocalypse (I'd suggest you download the second option as it's easier, you'll see what I mean). Freaky but fun!
Suze
Sep 11, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
Super short but it is Simon and Dec - and Simon is panicking again!
This goes back to early days and a first meeting of parents, though really it is about Simon dealing with the stress - never straightforward!
Only makes sense if you have read the books and a big fan - I have, I am!
Enjoyed.
Riina Y.T.
May 02, 2013 Riina Y.T. rated it really liked it
Here comes another sweet and very very short scene from back in the day @Tigers&Devils-main story, which was skipped in book 1. --- it was cute, not much else to add ^^; If you like the main book, you will enjoy this too..
Dee
Dec 23, 2012 Dee rated it it was ok
I was looking forward to read this and see their parents. All I got was football. Lots of football. I don't understand why Sean bothered. I was very disappointed.
Nicole
Nov 15, 2014 Nicole rated it it was ok
When Sean Kennedy says short story, he really mean short. There wasn't a whole lot to this brief scene of families meeting.
Alan Brigida
Nov 01, 2016 Alan Brigida rated it really liked it
A great short

I really like the characters of Dec and Simon. The story was cute but I look for more character development
Stephen
Jun 02, 2016 Stephen rated it liked it
so no jokes, it's more about anxiety, although a cat learning more about how to sneak from a specific human was funny.
blub
Dec 22, 2012 blub rated it liked it
I always enjoy reading about Declan and Simon. It was nicing seeing how their relationship was going two months after being outed and official.
helicene
Jan 31, 2014 helicene rated it liked it
Extremely short, slice-of-life. Throw in more brooding from Simon. Three and a half stars, maybe - it's sweet, but didn't really add anything to the series.
Penny
Dec 23, 2012 Penny rated it it was ok
I don't know how to feel about this short. I enjoyed the last few paragraphs, but the rest I didn't need to read.
Rissa
That was so sweet! <3 Because they can... :)
I love little snippets like these where we get glimpses of their lives. I adore Simon and Declan!
Kaetrin
Dec 27, 2012 Kaetrin rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up.

The best AFL coach in history is definitely Kevin Sheedy (he has a Richmond connection too, so Simon and Dec should be able to agree if their respective dads cannot).
Didi
Dec 22, 2012 Didi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, ebook, lgbt
I can't get enough of Simon and Dec. So happy to see that not only SK released a X'mas-themed SS, one can get it free from his website.
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Renee Henshaw
Renee Henshaw rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2013
Tracey
Tracey rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Andrea Kuntz
Andrea Kuntz rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Natasha Griffin
Natasha Griffin rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2014
  • Deep in the Count
  • A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • Getting It Right (Life Lessons, #1.8)
  • Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point
  • Aftermath (Glitterland, #1.5)
  • In the Dark (PsyCop #6.1)
  • Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • Breathing Snow
  • Butterflies (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #2)
  • Lead Us Not
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Grand Slam
  • Synchronicity
  • In Sunshine or in Shadow
  • Time After Time (Zero at the Bone, #1.2)
  • The Fix (Whitetail Rock, #2)
1120780
Sean Kennedy lives in the second-most isolated city in the world, thinks there are thylacines still out in the wild, and eagerly awaits the return of Twin Peaks in 2017.
More about Sean Kennedy...

Tigers and Devils (3 books)
  • Tigers and Devils (Tigers and Devils #1)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Tigers on the Run (Tigers and Devils, #3)