Start by marking “High in School” as Want to Read:
High in School

High in School

From the famous drunk comedian from Indonesia comes this humorous coming-of-age not so true story about unusual high school study group adventure.

James just wants to sit tight and be a normal freshman in his new high school. But after a few days he realizes it won't be. He doesn't have any idea how to study and he met many strange characters. In order to survive his first
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 234 pages
Published December 20th 2012

To ask other readers questions about High in School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High in School

Leah
Jan 17, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, fiction
Put yourself in a situation where you’re a freshman in high school but not ordinary school. Its maybe a combine between a prison, regular public high school and Hogwarts. Everyone thinks you’re a stoner, but you are actually is.
You’re smart, skinny, and have a group of friend who as crazy as you. They live in very imaginary environment. You’re trying to change them but actually they changed you, the better you. You start believing in something called love but in the same time you don't actually
Clare Cannon
Jun 04, 2013 Clare Cannon marked it as probably-not
Seems the author/publisher has created multiple private accounts to put up false reviews of this book. The only reviewer who didn't have a private profile copied my review for Diary of a Wimpy Kid and applied it to this book.
Robert Mchale's review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
"Don’t expect Tolkien, but this novel will make you laugh.[Guaranteed!!] Salman Aditya is obviously still a big kid himself because he writes about the daily life of school boys with alarming accuracy."
Amanda Bynes
Dec 25, 2012 Amanda Bynes rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, fiction
This was really funny, I don't know if it's supposed to be a kids' book or just meant to look like one. A fake journal of an awkward boy's first semester of high-school and his trials and tribulations, hand-written and complete with some cute drawings.
Harper Wilde
Jan 09, 2013 Harper Wilde rated it it was amazing
Snarky, wild, weird and in the same time clever, while all at the same time being able to provide some interesting school story and background on some of the best old jokes. A good fun read that goes quickly and offers some fun facts and puts to rest some other misconceptions.
Alexa
Jan 25, 2013 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, fiction, fantasy
Aku udah baca buku ini sekilas di Amazon. Cukup menarik tata bahasanya dan logika berfikirnya juga aneh, nyeleneh tapi segar dan yang terpenting buku ini gak cuman lucu dan bisa buat ngakak aja tapi buku ini sedikit demi sedikit sangat inspiratif juga.
Gak nyangka ada orang Indo yang bisa buat buku yg diakui dan dapat rating tinggi sama maysarakat international. Salut sama Salman Aditya. Semoga dia dapet apresisasi yang lebih di negaranya sendiri yaitu Indonesia.
Mujibuddin Ajmal
Dec 24, 2012 Mujibuddin Ajmal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Extremely charming, this book had me turning the pages.
The fonts are big (at least in my edition), so it's easier for children to read, and the illustrations (though sometimes not quite accurate) do a good job of painting a visual picture to the words. As an adult, I still really enjoyed reading this again, and will probably go back and read a few more Salman Aditya books before too long.
Mary Sue
Jan 09, 2013 Mary Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy, humor, fiction
You know what? You guys should read this book, I never heard the author before but he is genius. He write a book like no one that I known of. I have read books from Jeff Kinney, P.G Wodehouse, Tina Fey, Steve Martin and so on but this book just different. The structure, the narration, the character, the story it makes you really wonder.
Simon Lane
Jan 09, 2013 Simon Lane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
It's interesting stuff going on in this book related to the kids this day, school, home and his study group and their madness with the new things and concepts that he is learning in life. It's makes me feel good because I myself reminisce
a lot of time about all the stupidity and foolish plans that I use to come up with.
Kimberly Scott
Dec 30, 2012 Kimberly Scott rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. I'm never wrong and I can tell you that this book are fantastic. just give it a shot an you see. I don't know who the author is though, i think his a drunk or something : his bio
Jenna Law
Jan 05, 2013 Jenna Law rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, breakthrough
I guess some people may say this book as a bad writing, but I think they are grammar hitler. The author of this book choose to say it loud and clear without any boundaries and stick rule. It maybe confusing at first but after several pages you will see its really easy to read.
Its make the book unique and I must say a breakthrough..
Robert Mchale
Dec 25, 2012 Robert Mchale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, fiction
Don’t expect Tolkien, but this novel will make you laugh.Guaranteed!!

Life as a school boy gives you plenty to deal with and he add it with some unique flavor.
George Harper
Jan 09, 2013 George Harper rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
I love a story with an ever increasing comedy or errors. Yes, I love a book that makes you laugh out loud. And I love a book that tells a story where everything works out till the end. This book delivers on all accounts.
Nick
Feb 06, 2013 Nick rated it really liked it
This book was so nice and funny. :o
Actually this book is, like, written for me! I have this annoying thing (its school) and a irritating small thing (family) just like Ryan and everything written in this book is like my life situation.
David Bazan
Dec 27, 2012 David Bazan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, fiction
I LOVED high in School. It was so hilarious, I almost fell of my bed. It didn't take me long to read, because once you read it you will be sucked in to it. I loved the plot, and how james thought about things. His study group, his friends, they also really funny!
Roger Frater
Jan 09, 2013 Roger Frater rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
This is my perfect kind of book: not that well written (so its not boring), the author write this book in a different perspective. he doesn't care about rules and stuff but I think that's make this book different.

Arif Pardian
Dec 24, 2012 Arif Pardian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
I actually know this book author. So I'm not gonna review this book because its not fair. What I can tell you that this book author Salman Aditya I think his nuts and I never stop laughing when he around.
Michael Salinger
Jan 16, 2013 Michael Salinger rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, comedy
I think this book is HILARIOUS! It is fun and enjoyable for any age! The jokes are funny and what makes it even better is that you can easily get them! I think one of the main thing in this book that makes it funny is the worldsplay. Its unique and has very different angle..
Daniel Zusak
Jan 16, 2013 Daniel Zusak rated it really liked it
pretty gooood hombreeeeeeee!! :D
Zahra
Feb 06, 2013 Zahra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, amazing
WOW! this book seems amazing...!

where can I find the Malay language printed version of this book in Malaysia ???
Westi Riani
Dec 24, 2012 Westi Riani rated it it was amazing
good job! cetar membahana!!
Harper
Jan 17, 2013 Harper rated it it was amazing
pretty dope dude!!
Patrick
Jan 25, 2013 Patrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, humor, fantasy
Interesting point of view of a high school stories.
Richard Arley
Jan 09, 2013 Richard Arley rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
This is a book that I read over and over and over again because it never gets old and its real at least for me!
Jason
Jan 17, 2013 Jason rated it it was amazing
I want to read this so bad!! It looks so awesomee!!
Mason
Jan 25, 2013 Mason rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favorites because it was funny and it was really interesting. a very good book except for the fact that it is not that easy to read this book.
Rebecca
Jan 17, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, humor, fiction
very unique book reading experience
William Marley
Jan 09, 2013 William Marley rated it it was amazing
nicely done..... BAZINGA!
Lewis
Jan 17, 2013 Lewis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, comedy
To me this book is like radiohead, do you even remember them? if you are then you absolutely know what I'm talking about.
Geneva Sarcedo
Dec 30, 2012 Geneva Sarcedo rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious.
Amflora
Feb 06, 2013 Amflora rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, humor, comedy
Really fresh and unique flavor book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Losing It
  • Ice Island
  • Matt Archer: Monster Hunter (Matt Archer #1)
  • Paving the New Road (Rowland Sinclair #4)
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Bank: A Novel
  • Upside-Down Prayers for Parents: Thirty-One Daring Devotions for Entrusting Your Child--and Yourself--to God
  • The Tyrant King (The Peasant Queen, #2)
  • Joshua's Tree (Joshua's Tree Trilogy, #1)
  • Andrew Jenks: My Adventures As a Young Filmmaker
  • Things Go Wrong For Me (when life hands you lemons, add vodka)
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitious Superhero
  • Antonia and Her Daughters: Secrets, Love, Friendship and Family in Tuscany
  • Belle Moral: A Natural History
  • The Power Twins
  • Mira's Diary: Home Sweet Rome (Mira's Diary, #2)
  • The Tally
Salman Aditya (born October 23, 1989) is a Indonesian novelist, musician and dreamer. His first book Sake is released in December 2012. His second book is High in School, an English humorous fiction book and its available to buy all over the world on Amazon. His newest work are released by Elex Media Komputindo, its called Sialan Salman.Find more about his work on Wikipedia

More about Salman Aditya...

“Enjoy every ounce of your life, get high and be sincere to anybody that comes around you.” 52 likes
“the one that can hurt you the most are the one that you really love” 48 likes