Start by marking “Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)

Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3)

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Damen is the true heir to the throne of Akielos, but when his half brother seizes power, Damen is captured, stripped of his identity and sent to serve the prince of a rival nation as a pleasure slave.

------------------------------------------------------------
Books 1 and 2 completed. Book 3 is eagerly awaited..
Expected publication: February 2nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Kings Rising, please sign up.

Tina Koran I will die if it's not going to be until 2015. I check every day to see if there's updates on it and I die a little inside every time there isn't a…moreI will die if it's not going to be until 2015. I check every day to see if there's updates on it and I die a little inside every time there isn't a release date posted. At this rate, it looks like it won't be released until 2015 unfortunately. *Cries*(less)
Ball & Chain by Abigail RouxKings Rising by C.S. PacatNot So Innocent by Dani AlexanderTake by Ella FrankCross & Crown by Abigail Roux
Can't Wait M/M Romance of 2014
2nd out of 293 books — 1,048 voters
Crash & Burn by Abigail RouxTrust by Ella FrankKings Rising by C.S. PacatNot So Innocent by Dani AlexanderRise & Fall by Charlie Cochet
Can't Wait M/M Romance of 2015
3rd out of 168 books — 773 voters

More lists with this book...

Loederkoningin
Update 6/26/15:

Official publication date for CP 3: 02-02-2016.

I'm a tad surprised and disappointed that it won't be out for the holidays, but shortly after.

Kings Rising snippet here.

Update 6/23/15:

2 days now...

Update 1/24/15: Not sure if everyone knows yet, but the title and cover for the third book (that 'leaked' earlier via an Australian ebook site) have been confirmed.;)

Source: Penguin Australia

Kings. I know! Rising. I can't even.

Update 1/24/15: Penguin's version of CP 1 is released
Mal {Waiting for Immortal}
Apr 30, 2013 Mal {Waiting for Immortal} marked it as to-read
Shelves: favourites
2014. TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING FOURTEEN.

This is going to be a looooong wait.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️
Holy.

Shit.

That moment when you JUST finish book 2 and want to jump into book 3, only to discover it's not out yet???!!!

Oh, the horror.

Trisha Harrington
We finally have a release date!! FINALLY!
02.02.2016!!!

Unedited excerpt of book 3!!!

We have a title and cover!

Kings Rising

US

AU

Guess I'm going to have to find something to occupy my time... :(
JM ♔ Pipsqueak
Apr 05, 2013 JM ♔ Pipsqueak marked it as to-read
Shelves: m-m
Damn!! SERIOUSLY?!! 2014?!! Argggh!!I want DAMEN and LAURENT NOW!!
Danyele Johnson
Jan 09, 2014 Danyele Johnson marked it as to-read
Update:

Dear C.S. Pacat, It is 2014 and this is all I have to say:

All of 2013:

description

I want this book so bad! I read both books/volumes literally in less than a day. Please S.U. Pascat can you give me this book before I go stir crazy with the wait. Please... pretty PLEASE

Smith Barney
Positive the beloved C.S. Pacat & Manna Francis have retired to the same mother-f'ing island w/no mother-f'ing cell service.

*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
Date: August 31st, 2014

Still no release date???

UPDATE: April 2nd, 2015

Just saw this on the Twitter account of the author:
"Just finished the final draft of #CaptivePrince book three, and sent it off to my editor. Incredible feeling."

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
7TH JULY!!!!!! *maybe*

~

Waiting for books to release is going to drive me into cutting.

I think I'll die waiting for this book.

NEED IT BADLY. AND NOW.

Just re-read the first two books again, and its making me want Vol. 3 even more :(

AUTHOR, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
It's just me Shelly B
Apr 01, 2015 It's just me Shelly B marked it as to-read
Just saw on twitter she's FINISHED with this one!!!!!!!!!

I'm CRAZY EXCITED!!!!!
Rachel
Jun 25, 2015 Rachel marked it as to-read
Update 06/25/2015

Release Date

It is OFFICIAL! Release date 02.02.2016. There is a Kings Rising snippet posted at: http://freece.livejournal.com/

Pre-Orders available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Rising-Ca...
for $9.99

BR and Discussion will be organized in Captivated

Update 06/22/2015: In four days we will have a release date and a new snippet of Kings Rising! Will be organizing buddy read and discussion in Captivated. http://freece.livejournal.com/
oceanid
Mar 26, 2013 oceanid marked it as to-read-mm
OMFG, are you serious we have to wait until 2014 for the #3 volume??? I might dieeeeee without knowing the end, I want it nowww *whines*
Lola
It has a cover! It has a cover! YES YES YES! Can't wait to read you my preciiiious...
Wency
Jan 05, 2015 Wency marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-release
SERIOUSLY, THEY HAVE TO RELEASE IT ALREADY! Almost two years and still no date. wtf?
DayDreamer
S.U. Pacat (on LJ): BUT I can report that I'm at a really fun part of the book right now. I think I like Laurent best when he's being an absolute bitch to everyone.

Gold bracelets and awkward intimacy aside, I couldn't agree more. :D

"You're going to kill me when you sober up." /teaser

Firenz
May 08, 2015 Firenz marked it as to-read
Haha just read my post, I can't believe I thought 2014 was so far away. It now has come and gone hopefully we will see this title by the end of the year if the leak is correct.

Update
2014 is here. Unfortunately no release date yet. So much for Jan. But still hoping for a early release, I'm also going to have to reread the whole series (what a hardship reading this great series).

Damn 2014 is so far, any idea when in 2014 it will be released. Naturally I'm hoping for January :)

Great series, great c
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews~Lover of all things MM

02.02.2016- i'll just go sleep till then....
but hey its coming!

so apparently Im wrong. it's not releasing in July. Book 2 is and GR made me so damn excited and it was wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner

JULY!!!!!!!!!! JULY 7TH!!!!!!!!!!
JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ingela
 photo impatient2_zpsd81cae64.gif Waiting a little impatiently - until 2014 2016?!?! Sighs! ...more
ShilvaH  And her books
Dec 17, 2014 ShilvaH And her books marked it as to-read
Worst case scenario, it would be published on fucking 2015
★MC's Corner★
Jun 18, 2015 ★MC's Corner★ marked it as to-read

"KING'S RISING' cool... BUT

WE NEED DATE!

So I can reread the book1&2 before this one.

PS: I WANT MORE LAURENT AND DAMEN H-O-T SCENES! THEY'RE SO SEXY!!
Steelwhisper
Jun 25, 2015 Steelwhisper marked it as probably-rather-not
Shelves: fantasy, m-m
What does it say about me, or about m/m, that the expected publication doesn't give me the slightest thrill?

I may read this, perhaps, should it go onto Scribd. But I'm not sure whether I'll do that even then.

I think it was the highly implausible sex scene at the end of Book II which killed this franchise for me, right along with the m/m tropes in it which by now are not just inducing yawns, I have begun to actively feel a visceral rejection.
Onyx
"You're drunk," said Damen. "You're not yourself." He said, "I should take you to bed."

"Then, take me," said Laurent.

About a year to go, and the anticipation is intense! Find the full chapter 9 excerpt here.
Tami
Edit...it's now 2015 and there's no English release, why are you punishing us C.S. Pacat

i have the First Two Volumes gifted to me and had them sitting around for awhile, the i dicided to give them a go and boy was my mind blown this trilogy is a non-stop page turner...my only regret is i should have let them sit around a little longer cause its hurting my soul that i can't read Vol .3 till 2014.

anxiously awaiting
Lynn ಠ_ಠ
CAPTIVE PRINCE 3: KING'S RISING

I'm getting ridiculously excited over a title. orz

EDIT:(Bookworld)

3...come out already!
Lege
Jun 26, 2015 Lege marked it as to-read
Release date: 2/2/2016

I am sooo ready for Laurent/Damen drama:

Paisley
Mar 06, 2013 Paisley marked it as wish-i-could-read-this
Shelves: mm-stories

OMG - crying for it!!!
Antonia
Feb 01, 2015 Antonia marked it as dying-to-read

Persephone
May 15, 2013 Persephone marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for this book to come out it is killing me. Even just the first chapter. I cant wait to read about laurent when he finds out who damen really is, i think i will die from excitement and suspense!!!! GIVE MY BOYS A HAPPY ENDING FREECE!!!
Arielle
Jan 30, 2014 Arielle marked it as to-read

Captive Shark Needs More Captive Prince!

That Is All.
Captivated : Kings Rising Release Date 24 76 Jul 03, 2015 02:13PM
Captivated : The Snippets! 5 65 Jul 03, 2015 02:06PM
A Million More Pages: 3 - Kings Rising (Captive Prince): Jul 7 8 23 Jun 20, 2015 02:22AM
Captivated : Book 3 Plot lines? 79 387 May 19, 2015 03:54PM
What to read while waiting for Book 3 5 211 May 14, 2015 02:07AM
Captivated : Will we get Laurent's POV in volume III? 21 252 Mar 16, 2015 02:36PM
  • Not So Innocent (Shattered Glass, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Agony (By Degrees, #3)
  • If I Ever (Hell or High Water, #4)
  • Untitled (Dark Space, #2)
  • Blood & Circuses (The Administration, #8)
  • Hard Head (Head, #2)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS #5)
  • Without Secrets (With or Without, #4)
  • Strength of the Warrior (The Tameness of the Wolf, #4)
  • The King of Forever (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #4)
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (A Society of Gentlemen, #1)
  • Tequila Sunrise (Crimes & Cocktails, #2)
  • Circle of Ariend (The Draegan Lords, #4)
  • Lonely Hearts (Love Lessons, #3)
  • Ill Met By Moonlight (A Shot in the Dark, #2)
  • Breaking (Fall or Break, #2)
  • Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs, #1)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.
More about C.S. Pacat...

Captive Prince (3 books)
  • Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)