Start by marking “Goblins vs Dwarves” as Want to Read:
Goblins vs Dwarves

Goblins vs Dwarves (Goblins #2)

An army of short, fat, hairy dwarves is tunnelling into goblin territory. They are digging under Clovenstone castle to steal its precious treasure.

Goblins love fighting, but Skarper and Henwyn's rowdy tribe is no match for the giant armoured moles of the enemy. They must seek the help of heroes, trolls and ghosts for a battle that will decide the fate of the goblins foreve
Published February 2013 by Marion Lloyd Books

To ask other readers questions about Goblins vs Dwarves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goblins vs Dwarves

Karl Orbell
Mar 29, 2013 Karl Orbell rated it it was amazing
So, the tricky second album, or sequel even... Goblins, was a wonderful book, funny and clever, plenty of mischief and action. Ideal for it's target audience, around the age of ten, or thirty odd in my case. Not that this is Philip Reeve's first sequel, his books are generally magnificent. For an author I had never read five years ago, he is definitely in my top three now, along with Tolkien and Pratchett.

Was it any good then? Of course it was.

Henwyn and Scarper are back at Clovenstone, after th
Julie Pike
Mar 23, 2013 Julie Pike rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Goblins, the first in the series...so much so when I heard there was a sequel I hot footed to my local bumwipe shop to pre-order an early copy.
The story smoothly picks up where book one concluded, and the reader is right back in the heart of Clovenstone (which in my view is an absorbingly fresh take on a fantasy realm).
Henwyn and Scarper are literally thrown straight away into a new adventure, with all the previous book's characters in support....plus a host of interesting new o
Angela
Oct 02, 2016 Angela rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5
Wow, what a great tension/suspense filled book! All of our favorite characters are back along with some new surprising allies. The Dwarfs, on the orders of their mechanical brass Head, have ordered them to tunnel all the way to Clovenstone to drain the slowsilver from the great lake underneath. Since this is where the eggs come from that hatch into goblins, the removal of the slowsilver would mean the end of the goblins. How can the goblins fight this? As everyone knows, they are disor
Edoardo Albert
May 17, 2014 Edoardo Albert rated it really liked it
More goblin fun with Skarper and his human friends. As good as 'Goblins'. My son and I are eagerly looking forward to the final volume in the trilogy, 'Goblin Quest'.
Marina
Marina rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Henry
Henry rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Deborah Otway
Deborah Otway rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Adrian Yan
Adrian Yan rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Dionísio
Dionísio rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Dana McConkey
Dana McConkey rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Jon Bales
Jon Bales rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Murri
Murri rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Craig Mandeville
Craig Mandeville rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
Bert Janssens
Bert Janssens rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2013
WSH Beattie
WSH Beattie rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2016
JHG Hendriks
Mar 27, 2013 JHG Hendriks rated it it was amazing
Marvelous story with many interesting characters.
John Smith
John Smith rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Jack
Jack rated it did not like it
May 03, 2014
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Lachlan
Lachlan rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Fern Hargreaves
Fern Hargreaves rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2014
Istra
Istra rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Adrian Charles
Adrian Charles rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Andy Robb
Andy Robb rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
Guest
Guest rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2015
Alisa
Alisa rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Lauren O'Farrell
Lauren O'Farrell rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Philip Reeve was born and raised in Brighton, where he worked in a bookshop for a number of years while also co-writing, producing and directing a number of no-budget theatre projects.

Philip then began illustrating and has since provided cartoons for around forty children's books, including the best-selling Horrible Histories, Murderous Maths and Dead Famous series.

Railhead, published by Oxford Un
More about Philip Reeve...

Goblins (3 books)