Start by marking “Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend” as Want to Read:
Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend

Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  6,283 Ratings  ·  757 Reviews
It’s stupid to fall for your brother’s ex. It’s even worse to enlist another’s help to win the ex over. But Brody is desperate and Hayley, his partner in American Sign Language, is more than willing to lend him a few tips.

She’s the school’s matchmaker,’ and with her bizarre and positive personality, Brody finds her easy to talk to, even about the most awkward situations.
Published January 8th 2013 by Cookie Publishing (first published January 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend

Katrina Passick Lumsden
I see from the high ratings this book has received that a lot of people like it. I can't really fault them for that since it is a rather cute premise and reading it wasn't torture. I've had a little while to think things through, however, and....well, I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think I just might be a bit more critical than the average reader.

As stated previously, the premise is good. Sadly, premise (and the author's intent) do not always translate to a good read. Reasons I Fell fo
Christy
Mar 20, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
One word to describe this book...

photo awesome_zps2317c510.png

Thats what Hayley would say anyway! This was a short (only took a little over 2 hours to read) but super cute and funny book! Just what I needed after the emotionally taxing reading week I've had!

One of the best things about this book was it was from the guys perspective (which I love). Brody- I loved me some Brody!

Brody is a popular guy who has the hots for his older brothers ex. He becomes friends with Hayley. Hayley decides to help him get the girl. Sounds go
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

I have had some fairly good luck with contemps lately. This and Losing It getting 5 stars from me within a month? Thats monumental! I think maybe the trick is for me to stick to the funny contemps.

Reason 1: You know how to sign the word 'balls'
Reason 2: You walk with a book on your head
Reason 3: You know how to make awkward less awkward
Reason 4: Its easy with you
Reason 5. You know how to make a guy feel pretty good about himself
Re
Jolene Perry
Dec 19, 2012 Jolene Perry rated it it was amazing
HILarious and SO real with an incredible voice.
This is a laugh out loud funny book with some fun smexy moments thrown in and a great love story.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Four Stars

How could I want anyone else? She’s amazing, that girl. Damn sexy, funny, and just knows how to make me feel…all that crap you’re suppose to feel when you’re with the girl you just have to be around.
I need her.
No. I crave her.

First off, do not get let the not so great title of this book steer you away. If I can be honest, it almost made me not want to read this book. The cover is cute and I really like it, but the title? Not so much. I hate that word: Fat. I’ve always had a complex
Nitzan Schwarz
Jun 02, 2016 Nitzan Schwarz rated it it was amazing
For this review and more, pop by my blog - Drugs Called Books

Here is a book I knew I wanted to read the second I read the title. I found it b accident, and I'm so glad I did. As someone who feels like "the funny fat friend", this book was perfect for me. Now, do not mistake; Brody, the main characters, does not find Hayley “fat”. That’s Hayley’s idea of herself.
I came out of the read feeling hopeful and happy for myself, which I think is a wonderful thing.
More than half the time, girls who thi
Lisa Jayne
Mar 06, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
CUTE. SUPER CUTE. CUTE

I could not put this book down. I cant decide what i Loved most - The adorable chapter titles, the male POV or the quite frankly amazing witty writing. I.LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

Refreshing, laugh out loud funny, cute as can be, tummy going crazy first smooch, nothing beats a well written teeny bopper book.

Easy 4 stars from me and a welcome break from the over sexed mini drama's I've been reading of late.
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Awesomesauce. Seriously. Absolutely fantastic light, happy, fun, touching YA read.

I LOVED that the book was all from Brody's POV. The inner dialogue of a teenage guy certainly was entertaining.

"The room is too hot. All the sweat makes my clothes stick to my balls. Man, if Quynn walks in right when I'm adjust myself I may as well sniff my hand afterwards too, since that's how attractive I'll look.
Ok Brody, be quick about this. Be cool. How do you look cool when you scratch yourself? She's s
Laura Martinelli
Feb 05, 2013 Laura Martinelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, ebook
There was an article that I read back in September that brought up the fact that despite the near-inclusiveness of YA books, fat people were still not as highlighted nor embraced as mainstream characters, and that fat-shaming was one of the few remaining acceptable targets. While I’m all for being healthy (I know that I ought to be better with my diet), I hate fat-shaming. I detest the yearly onslaught of “New Year’s Resolution- Lose X Pounds!”; I hate the criticism of a perfectly healthy person ...more
Figlet
Jan 11, 2013 Figlet rated it it was amazing
Can I rate this like 100 1/2 stars? That's what it deserves. Hell, I'd give it 200 1/2 stars if I could.

This is a phenomenally honest and funny and romantic and, yes, sexy read. Did I mention the funny? It is hilarious. It contains one of the best descriptions of a first kiss I've ever read (and you guys know how many kisses I read weekly. I have to be some kind of expert on reading kisses by now, right?)

Brody and Hayley are so exquisitely true and written so well that I swear they jump off th
A. Bookzilla.
Jan 08, 2013 A. Bookzilla. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, clean-read
Awwwwww.

I have a stupid grin on my face right now, because I so needed to read something like this today. It was really really cute and sweet, and just the perfect amount of mush mush, but it's mush mush that doesn't make you gag.

First I have to say that I loved the way this was written. It was funny, and real and not once was I bored. Seriously, the story flows so naturally, it was a joy to read. The characters are realistic, and there's crazy chemistry between Brody and Hayley.
For those wonder
Sara
Apr 14, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
If I weren't so stingy with 5 stars, this book would get them all. It was a quick enjoyable read. In fact, at some point I just didn't stop reading until done. Though it was a love story set in high school, the characters were mature enough to be enjoyable to me.

UPDATE: I originally gave this book four stars. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but didn't think I'd ever read it again. Then, just a few months after reading it for the first time, I picked it up again as something, fun, quick, and light to r
★Ruth★
Re-read 30th-31st March & loved it just as much!! Couldn't put it down even though I knew what was going to happen!!! Helped me out of my book funk :D

I LOVED this book.

D'ya know the way sometimes you finish a book and it makes you feel all gooey inside & grinning like an idiot and all swoony & shit???? Well this is how I felt when I finished this gorgeous, sweet uplifting story.

I loved Brody...though it took me a couple of pages to get into his head & speech but once I was in I j
Viri
Aug 17, 2016 Viri rated it liked it
Esto es probablemente justo lo que más necesitaba.
Es un libro ligero, dulce, tierno,sutil.
Está lleno de diálogos chispeantes y situaciones que no hacían mas que ponerme una gran sonrisa en la cara. Así que si me preguntan mis razones para leer este libro les daré estas tres:

1. Es súperformidable (guiño a la autora por las nuevas palabras ;) haha)
2. Amo el desarrollo de ambos protagonistas
3. Te diviertes y amas cada una de las razones de Brody.

Quizás no es el mejor libro de mi vida pero sinceram
Nicis
Feb 09, 2013 Nicis rated it really liked it
4-4.5 stars

This book it's just lovely. Now i need a boy like Brody for myself :(
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Jul 30, 2014 Akanksha❤ Søren♰ rated it did not like it
0 Star. DNF. 11% in to this book & I'm sorry I'm dumping it.

Dyin'
D'ya
walkin'
betcha
Ya know

Gangster talk for no rhyme no reason out of a normal guy's mouth is weird.

OHK!! How old is he again? Because he's talking about going through puberty.. that happens when we are 12-13 how much I remember.
And his brother lives alone, and the ex is in his class... :S AND how much I caught on, the ex lived with the brother..

This guy serious
Anna D.
Freakin' Amazeballs! What a fun read… from start to finish!

First off, boy do I LOVE that it’s from the guy’s POV…the whole book!! As much as I love Hayley’s character I was a smitten kitten with Brody and I was over the moon it was from his POV. It also helped that the guy is funny and has a bunch of random and super adorable –and embarrassing - thoughts we’re privy to. Before I go on and on about Brody, let’s not forget that this book has an awesome heroine. She’s smart, fun, has a great pers
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Jan 30, 2013 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-na

This really was the sweetest thing.
This is the story of Brody and Hayley.

It was actually a breath of fresh air to read a easy, sweet, clean YA. Don’t get me wrong there are issues that are covered in here but not in details. I’ll tell you more about that later.

THE STORY

Brody is not a man-whore *GASP* I know right?! He is kinda shy, and not all the experienced with girls.
He is actually pining over his brothers ex-girlfriend.

Hayley refers to herself as the FFF – The Funny Fat Friend.
Guys
Crystal
1. Awesomesauce!
2. Things that rhyme with fart!
3. Mad texting skills!
4. Nobody does gangsta like you
5. I envy your lingo.
6. I question your taste buds.
7. Long live the drama queen.
8. Girl has moves you haven't seen yet.
9. Breaking the sexiness scale.
10. FHF
11. He'll throw down against blood for you girl!
12. Together under the needle.
13. Oozing the gooey crap
14. Don't trust a girl who cheats! ( it's not what you think )
15. Smokey eyed
16. Finally! The list and the KISS!!!!
Jenny Morris
Dec 28, 2012 Jenny Morris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of those books you read and go, THANK YOU, for finally writing something like this. Brody is sweet and sensitive but still such a boy. Which is why I love him so much. And Hayley had me dying laughing through the whole book. This is one of those fun reads that will have you falling in love with these characters. And so happy that real romance still exists.
Libbie
Feb 17, 2013 Libbie rated it really liked it
I think it's happened to all of us. You see a book the Amazon recommendation carousel, the cover snags your eye, the title snags your attention, the synopsis looks good, and, what the hell, it's only $3 so why not?

Then you read it and you groan...knowing suddenly why.

Every now and then, though, you get one like Reasons. You can't put it down, you hate the 'falling asleep' feeling and fight to stay awake so you can keep reading, first thing you do on Sunday morning after checking email is coffee,
Trinity Hanrahan
JUNE 14, 2013

Just finished the book... and it was just so damn SWEET!! :-)

There were parts of it where I was just thinking to myself:

I love the ending... It just made me go all, "Awwwww...".

And I determined that for them:

Should you read this book? Yes! Would an older age group enjoy it? I think so... it reminded me of when I was in middle school/high school. I think it applies to any time period! VERY good book! :-)

JUNE 12, 2013

Awwww... this book is just so:

And it just is so cute when he goe
K. O'Brien
Apr 04, 2013 K. O'Brien rated it it was amazing
When I was a girl, reading gave me more than just pleasure. It helped me feel not so alone, gave me a sense of the world as a bigger place than my small southern town.

I grew up to write young adult fiction, so I could pass on that gift. Kids have it hard - they deal with a lot - and it's nice to think writing can help them feel like they are part of something greater, like they are more than what their peers or their parents say they are.

This book does that. It provides hope that, despite the wh
Kath S
Sweetest. Book. Ever

description

I enjoyed it so much and I’m pretty surprised because I did not expect it.

It’s a lovely story and I love Brody and Hayley, and they are a perfect couple.

Brody is a very special boy. He’s funny, shy (and that’s freaking cute) and such a boy with all this hormones! He’s hot and doesn’t care about it (how cute!)… He’s just lovely and cute (clearly :D). I really like him because he’s a very normal teenager and not a player like all the other boys in YA books.

description

And Hayley… OMG, she’
Lisa
Jan 15, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
I really liked the story in this book. The characters are likeable, and I can relate to Hayley. Although, I'm more like the 'shy fat friend' rather than the funny one. The author does a great job of showing how girls who aren't a size two really feel, why they feel that way, and how hard it is to convince them that they are more than that.

I like the way the chapter headings are listed as the reasons that are alluded to in the title of the book, and how those reasons tie into the end of the story
Greice Marques
May 30, 2013 Greice Marques rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I mean, come on....Look at the title of this book. It's perfect. And the book is so darn cute. Darn because Brody can't swear next to Hayley, she doesn't like that ;)
I mean I instantly related to the title, because...well... I was the funny fat friend. Ok. Maybe not funny, but from my group of friends I was the fat one, or the "less beautiful" ( ugly is a harsh word). You know, that girl that is friends with the girls and their boyfriends or dates but never actually has a date? That was me! Stil
Kyra
Dec 30, 2012 Kyra rated it it was amazing
Ohh, I know a book is brilliant when I have so many thoughts, they refuse to form an orderly queue so I can write them down sensibly! But I'll give it a try!

Reasons I Fell In Love With This Book:

1. The characters ROCK! Becca Ann makes writing boy POV look like the easiest thing in the world (and it's really not!)

2. Hayley is someone everyone can relate to. She represents the insecure girl that lives in every female, young or old.

3. There is no let up in the action. Those parts of a book where
Purcheria
Jan 11, 2013 Purcheria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone wanting a little sunshine on a rainy day.

Sup

Can I say that this book was probably one of the best feel-good books that I've read in a long time? It was seriously just...Awesomesauce! It was the type of book that you just want to hug to your chest with a big dorky smile on your face when you finish reading it.

I absolutely loved, loved, loved Brody and Hayley. How cute were they? Seriously. Together they made my dreary, rainy day just so full of happiness and sunshine. And "Holy friggin' fruitbats" their relationship was so sw
Tabby
Jun 18, 2013 Tabby rated it it was amazing
*Initial Thoughts*

Yes...I pulled an all-nighter just to finish. It's just that full of awesomesauce lol. Full review to come soon, but now it's time to sleep.

*Full Review*

This is the kind of book you hope for when you buy a book. No, it's not something groundbreaking and serious, but it's a book that has a whole lot of heart and a great sense of humor. It's a light read touching on some topics that are serious, such as self-worth and stigmas attached to people who are not 'the norm', but it does
YAGeekess
Jan 10, 2013 YAGeekess rated it it was amazing
I usually dont read books which is written in a guy's POV. Alternate POVs yes, but never one which is completely written in a guy's POV. I made this one exception and Becca Ann just blew me away with this book! She just proved that a writer doesnt have to use TRUCKLOADS of swear-words just to make a guy's POV believable. I couldnt put this down, even managed to read a couple of chapters at work.

I especially like the idea how each chapter starts with one reason why Brody fell for Hayley
Bookaholic Anonymous: Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Becca Ann 6 48 Apr 09, 2013 06:05PM
  • How to Date a Nerd (How To, #1)
  • Dizzy
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • Tight Knit
  • The Virgin Sex Queen
  • The Color of Grace
  • On the Plus Side (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #1)
  • A Game Worth Watching
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • Geek Girl
  • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
  • How It Rolls (Love and Skate, #2)
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
  • Falling for the Ghost of You
  • Anywhere but Here
  • Click to Subscribe
Cassie Mae (AKA Becca Ann) is a nerd to the core from Utah, who likes to write about other nerds who find love. Her angel children and perfect husband fan her and feed her grapes while she clacks away on the keyboard. Then she wakes up from that dream world and manages to get a few words on the computer while the house explodes around her. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with the youth ...more
More about Becca Ann...

“Reason fourteen.” I press my forehead against hers, locking her in my gaze. “You are so beautiful. Inside and out. I don’t just need you. I crave you. Everything about you. You are the only person I’ve felt this way about. You’re my best friend.” 44 likes
“He chuckles. “I won’t pry, but I should probably get some discipline in here somewhere. Or some fatherly advice. What’s your poison?”
See? Cool Dad. I stand up, shakin’ my head. “Just tell me how one girl can make me act like a psycho, then I’ll be on my way.”
“You know, I’m still tryin’ to figure that out.”
32 likes