Start by marking “The Blues Detective Saves Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Blues Detective Saves Christmas

The Blues Detective Saves Christmas

Otis King, Memphis' Number One Welsh Blues Detective is planning a traditional Christmas at home with cats, chilli and medically dangerous quantities of alcohol. His plans are shattered, when a damsel in distress walks into his office and asks for the one favor he can never provide.
Will Otis stick to his principles....or will chivalry make him forget every lesson he has le
Published December 16th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Blues Detective Saves Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blues Detective Saves Christmas

Wanda Hartzenberg
Dec 22, 2012 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it it was amazing
Well this was a stroke of luck. To have read this sure did cheer up my Christmas
The story is extremely short but the dry wit,
the humour and the authors stubborn refusal to assume that his readers are idiots were
a rare treat indeed. I absolutely adore this book and will read more by this author asap.
WaAr
Sheryl Painter
Dec 20, 2012 Sheryl Painter rated it it was amazing
Yet another gem in Andrew Peters' series starring the incredible detective Otis King. Mr. Peters has brought laughter, tears, suspense and enjoyment to the holiday season. The characters nuances are what bring me back book after book. What will they get into next? How will they get out of the trouble that will be caused. This series guarantees twists, turns, much drinking of questionable beverages, and so much that is only alluded to but never mentioned - that intrigues me the most! My ...more
Maria
Jan 03, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Having read The Blues Detective, I was keen to read this Christmas themed short story featuring the lovable Otis King. He is called upon to help out when a lot of money goes missing and plans for an upcoming Christmas event are put in jeopardy. Find out how the Blues detective manages to solve this mystery and 'save' Christmas. It's a very entertaining story and there are lots of laughs along the way. Highly recommended. I'm looking forward to reading more from this talented author.
RaeBeth
Dec 22, 2012 RaeBeth rated it it was amazing
I loved how the humor in this short story played out. I found myself laughing at a few parts especially seeing how the author made it seem as if the readers knew more then the detective within the story. The joy of Christmas being mixed into this small story adds to it. It's nice to see a short story end on a good note.
Darcia Helle
This is a fun story featuring the very cool blues detective Otis King. True to form, Otis takes us on a mysterious journey and entertains us with his quick wit. I love Otis and always find his stories a pleasant distraction from reality.
Debra
Really enjoyed the sly humor in this short story. Not sure it would translate well to longer form ... but I will definitely find out. Humor, mystery and blues - of course I must try it.
Jakenv
Feb 19, 2013 Jakenv rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Even though out of season found entertaining from start to finish.
Nancy Silk
Jul 19, 2013 Nancy Silk rated it it was amazing
"A Hilariously Written Story"

It seems like Otis King, the detective, is not a fan of Christmas hubbub...he'd rather spend time by himself and donate his gift money at the alcohol store. I also guess Otis is too blue to sing Christmas songs. Three days before Christmas, lovely Karinne Van Rynn knocks on his door. Karinne is the new President of The City Union of Needy Tarts. She feels that an audit should be made of the Union's funds by an outside firm, but before that happens, Accountant Dwight
David Caldwell
The only Welsh detective that specializes in mystery dealing with the blues in Memphis is back. While he is closer to Scrooge than Santa, it is up to him to save Christmas for a beautiful dame and a bunch of retired... well let's just say they were very friendly ladies (for a price).(The City Union of Needy Tarts)

While this is part of a series, you can read it just fine without any real problems. I wouldn't call this that sweet of a story and probably shouldn't be read by kiddies. But it is fun
A Reader's Heaven
Otis, the blues-playing, Mustang-driving, Memphis-detecting star of the show, starts this short story wanting to enjoy some Christmas spirits...right up until he is visited by a gorgeous woman pleading for his help in locating some missing money (and a missing accountant.)

Although this short story doesn't really have much in the way of mystery (it is written like an after-the-fact report), there is more than enough humour to keep you going.

I only gave this three stars basically on the length of
Richie Earl
Jun 05, 2013 Richie Earl rated it really liked it
Another excellent serving of The Blues Detective. Andrew Peters never fails to make me laugh out loud. I had to re-read several passages because they were so funny. Having said that, I don't think this is quite as good as some of Peters' other books, which is testament to just how good they are.
Donna
Dec 31, 2013 Donna rated it liked it
Otis is ready for the Christmas season when Karinne shows up needing a big favor and some missing cash. It's a case of the the most charitable kind, could they play gratis free. Off we go to solve this case. Very cute short read.
Glenda
Dec 14, 2013 Glenda rated it did not like it
Being a Christmas loving, deck the halls, Jesus is the reason..I did not like this droll short story.
Andrew Scorah
Andrew Scorah rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
James E. Harper Jr.
James E. Harper Jr. rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Joe Lumley
Joe Lumley rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
r coulson
r coulson rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Elmarie Bester
Elmarie Bester rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Kelsa Rowland-evans
Kelsa Rowland-evans rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Jacob Drake
Jacob Drake rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Linzi
Linzi rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Dennis Holt,Sr.
Dennis Holt,Sr. rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Paule Bailey
Paule Bailey rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Kim Jackson
Dec 16, 2013 Kim Jackson rated it liked it
Not enough of a story to give an adequate review. Very short story.
Valerie Douglas
Valerie Douglas rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Josef
Josef rated it liked it
May 01, 2013
Diana Febry
Diana Febry rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Andrew Peters
Dec 19, 2012 Andrew Peters added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Paul
Paul is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2012
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Seana
Seana marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2012
Mad about
Mad about marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Jason Beech
Jason Beech marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Debbie Karimullah
Debbie Karimullah marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Lisa D. Stefani
Lisa D. Stefani marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Debbie Young
Debbie Young marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Witchhusband
Witchhusband marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Leland
Leland marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Heather Godwin
Heather Godwin marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Yvonna
Yvonna marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Constantine
Constantine marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Born in the swamps of Glamorgan, I have wandered the world, generally with a guitar in hand.
Here I am in a beautiful village in central Spain, where the sun shines, the lake is warm, the drink is cheap and the people and animals are friendly.
I share my place with two gorgeous local cats, more guitars than I can count and a fridge full of wine.
Oh, and I write stories. Many of them about Otis King,
More about Andrew Peters...