Start by marking “Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier, #1)” as Want to Read:
Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier, #1)

Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier #1)

Single-mom Meghan Jones is heading home to finish last-minute Christmas preparations with her five-year-old daughter. Major Trent Harrison is returning to town to say goodbye to his father. When a sudden snowstorm leaves them both stranded, heated animosity between them quickly turns into a night of sizzling passion.

Is Trent what Meghan has been searching for? Are Meghan a
Published December 16th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with a Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with a Soldier

Nikki
This was a short, sweet and super hot Christmas novella! Two strangers meet on the night before Christmas Eve and end up spending the night together in a remote cabin in the woods. Talking, wine, some major hot sexxin... What's not to like?! ;)
Marta
Aug 10, 2016 Marta rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and sexy read. Who wouldn't want to be trapped in a cabin with a hunky soldier during the holidays? Merry Christmas to me!
Dee

This was an okay story, albeit one with an overuse of adverbs. I tried really hard to ignore them but when the story failed to engage me, it became increasingly (yeah I did that on purpose) hard to do so.

I want to be shown the characters actions and reactions, not told them using silly adverbs.

excitedly, begrudgingly, warily, angrily, appreciatively, sleepily, hastily.....

Location 274 - I said nodding embarrassedly.
Location 573 - I laughed and looked embarrassedly at Trent.
**Seriousl
Roses Book Blog
Mar 29, 2013 Roses Book Blog rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for something short you can read and finish in one sitting this is a great book to read. I normally read full length novels, but sometimes it's nice to read something short and sweet. I originally thought this book was just going to be about a soldier passing through and there wouldn't be any actual story behind it, but there was and it was enjoyable. Meghan met Trent when she bumped into his car where it was parked on the side of the road due to a tree being down in the road, ...more
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Dec 16, 2013 RedRedtheycallmeRed rated it it was ok
Snowstorm. Woman rear ends soldiers car. They decide (rather stupidly) that the best idea is to trek through the woods. Soldier is a jerk, woman cries, they find a cabin and have sex. Then of course she invites him to have Xmas with her and her 5 year old daughter, because that's what you ask of random strangers with whom you've had a one-night stand.

It was free and there were no typos that I noticed. I realize it's a short story, but there just isn't enough emotion to get me interested.
Hbeebti
May 20, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
3.5
Debbie
Jan 21, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
While on her way to her parents to pick up her daughter, Meghan is stranded in a sudden snowstorm. Fortunately for her, she's not the only one.

Sexy soldier Trent is home on leave to bury his father when he's forced to stop because of a fallen tree blocking the road. He wasn't expecting the attractive lady whose car slide into the back of his jeep.

When Meghan decides to try and walk through the woods in hopes of reaching the other side of town, Trent cannot in good conscience allow her to go by h
Donna
Jan 04, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
A shopping trip turns into a trek into the woods, a night with a strange soldier and a wonderful Christmas surprise. Megan left her daughter with her parents to finish up her Christmas shopping and then on to a special night for the two of them. As she returns to pick up Hannah she finds the bridge blocked by a fallen tree. A jeep is sitting in the road empty, as she brakes to stop, her car gently bumps into the rear end. As she gets out to check the damage she notices a tall handsome soldier ...more
Silverana
Dec 20, 2012 Silverana rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-kindle, loan-to
Sweet story. Liked how Meghan and Trent had a bad start. It had an original beginning but the rest was just ok. I think part of the reason was that it was written in first person and I prefer third person. So several times my mind automatically changed the wording to third person. That also made it seem like a young adult story despite the more mature plot line. Trent was very sweet especially with his brief meeting with Hanna, Meghan’s daughter. At the end, I found the beginning and the ending ...more
Natalija
Jan 20, 2013 Natalija rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Christmas with a Soldier is the perfect curl-up-on-the-couch book. Although it's short, it's hot and very romantic. If you are looking for a sweet and sexy read with goodhearted characters, this is the book for you.
Jane
How romantic to find a cabin in the woods in the middle of being stuck in a snowstorm? Christmas with a Soldier starts with the couple meeting, being stuck and taking a hike to try to reach town. They go from unfriendly strangers to intimate lovers as two lonely people find each other in this sweet love story. And he likes kids too! This was a sexy and fun short story about Christmas
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Dec 19, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it liked it
Not too much to say. Interesting, short, charming, & just plain pretty cool. A 3.5 to be exact. It was a little too short for my taste but still cool. Who wouldn't love a man in uniform even if he did start out being a huge jerk? I did!
Conny
Jan 10, 2013 Conny rated it really liked it
I got this book as a free download and I really liked it. It was a nicely written sweet story that I had a hard time putting down. I loved the characters and story line. It sure got my recommendation.
Lauren
Dec 23, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it
Quick read about a woman who finds herself lost in the woods with a soldier. the soldier is rude and hateful, we later find out why, and leaves you wondering how this romance takes off. the story is a little cheesy and rushed.
Kaila
Apr 07, 2014 Kaila rated it really liked it
short and sweet. Very sexy and fun. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't seem to be a series and I want to know what happens lol.
Brandy
May 16, 2013 Brandy rated it liked it
Shelves: 1st-person
Short and cute story. I liked how they didn't get off on the right foot. Would have loved to see his POV.
Donnajo
Dec 19, 2013 Donnajo rated it it was amazing
This was a first time for reading this author. loved this book, the characters and everything else. I can't wait for more in this series.
Just - The romance reader
I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It caught my eye because of the cover, I won't lie. But the story was great, even if it wasn't a full length novel, which I usually prefer.l
Kathleen Downey
Nov 28, 2015 Kathleen Downey rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This was a wonderful short read. I enjoy Makenna's books. She writes wonderful stories of romance. She makes you feel like you are part of the story. Great job.
Amanda
Mar 21, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-read
Very romantic, heart warming, great Christmas romance story for the lonely heats. Short and sweet story in length but a great quick read. Meghan and Trent all in love lost in the woods.
Itza Gonzalez
Itza Gonzalez rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Shahla's bookcorner
Shahla's bookcorner rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Nutnut (Lj) Ford
Nutnut (Lj) Ford rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Sharonlynne Lowrey
Sharonlynne Lowrey rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Beachbaby
Beachbaby rated it really liked it
May 10, 2013
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2013
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Christmas Love
  • An Evergreen Christmas
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1; The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
  • For Liberty
  • The Holiday Bride (Holiday Brides #2)
  • Santa Wore Leathers (Wild Heat, #0.5)
  • Dress Up Your Teddy (Her Teddy Bear, #3)
  • Destiny by Design
  • His Every Touch 1 (His Every Touch, #1)
  • Gift of Desire
  • The Groom Wanted Seconds
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Werewolf (Changeling Encounters, #3)
  • A Boyfriend Before Christmas
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
Makenna Jameison is a bestselling romance author of the Alpha SEALs and Soldier series.

She writes military romance and romantic suspense with hot alpha males, steamy scenes, and happily-ever-afters. Her debut series made it to #1 in Romance Stories on Amazon.

Makenna loves reading, writing, the beach, and traveling to new places. She lives in Washington DC with her husband and two daughters.

Makenna
More about Makenna Jameison...

Soldier (5 books)
  • Valentine From A Soldier (Soldier, #2)
  • In the Arms of a Soldier (Soldier, #3)
  • Return of a Soldier (Soldier, #4)
  • Summer with a Soldier (Soldier Series Book 5)