Start by marking “Poies: A New Beginning” as Want to Read:
Poies: A New Beginning

Poies: A New Beginning

Poies: A New Beginning (Book One of the Poies Series). What are Poies? They are vignettes that aren't quite poems, not quite stories, but a combination of the two. Even though they are short, they'll impact you in ways much deeper than you can imagine.
Kindle Edition
Published March 9th 2012 by Packed House Publications

To ask other readers questions about Poies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poies

Alex
Feb 06, 2013 Alex rated it liked it
A friend lended me this book on Nook's LendMe system for Christmas, and it was a nice gift. Not as powerful as Life: As Fragile as Dust, but Worthington's well-written prose still shines through in Poies: A New Beginning. Again, Worthington returns to the short story genre, and puts a small twist on it: poems+stories=poies. I'm not sure if he meant to make a specific blend of poetry and prose, or just mix poems and short stories in one book, but whichever it is, it makes for a good read. Another ...more
Claire Atkins
Feb 06, 2013 Claire Atkins rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
A friend of a friend recommended this book to me, and I'm glad I read it. Poies: A New Beginning is a collection of short stories and poetry mixed into one, and it provides for a relaxing read on a lazy Sunday. The stories are wildly varied; one moment I was laughing from Worthington's dark humor, and at the next, I was on the verge of tears, especially due to one poie, "Charcoal Man." Overall, I'd recommend this sweet and short story collection.
Anne-Rae Vasquez
Anne-Rae Vasquez marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013