His to Protect (Red Stone Security Series, #5)

His to Protect (Red Stone Security #5)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  535 ratings  ·  45 reviews
No woman ever affected Red Stone Security expert Kell Malone quite like Charlotte Bastien. It’s been a year since that incredibly intense night they spent together and he still can’t get her out of his head. When he discovers she’s in Miami—with their three-month-old son—he’s stunned. Hurt. He’s also determined to know his child, and if she’ll give him the chance, to make...more
ebook
Published January 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 29th 2012)

Laura Wright
This series just rocks. Stronger and hotter with each one. Katie is such a talent.
ツ Renée
Suspenseful and sexy, this was another enjoyable read in the series! I loved the familiarity between Kell and Charlotte. They had been apart for a year, changed, and yet they still craved each other with such intensity. They were good together – both very likeable characters, but I didn’t like that she fought her feelings for him. Still, I was happy they got their HEA.

Don’t know whose story is next, but I hope to see Vincent soon.
Amy R
I have enjoyed all of the books in the Red Stone Security series and this one is no different. Kellen (Kell for short) has been in love with Charlotte since he first met her, however, she was married to another man and one of Kell's friends, so he kept his distance. Time passes, Charlotte's husband passes away, and we learn they were headed for divorce due to his infidelity. Kell and Charlotte spend a night together that neither of them can forget. He tells her he loves her, but she runs. A year...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Kell is working a security detail when he spots a woman he has not seen in over a year, a woman he still wants and yearns for. The problem is that just like the last time they were in the same room together she repeats the same action and moves as far away from him as quickly as possible. Charlotte knows that she has to finally tell Kell about Reece. She just wants to do so under different circumstances than a party she is attending with her family. Kell is the perfect caring alpha in that he wo...more
Sandy
HIS TO PROTECT (Red Stone Security #5) by Katie Reus 3.5 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: No woman ever affected Red Stone Security expert Kell Malone quite like Charlotte Bastien. It’s been a year since that incredibly intense night they spent together and he still can’t get her out of his head. When he discovers she’s in Miami—with their three-month-old son—he’s stunned. Hurt. He’s also determined to know his child, and if she’ll give him the chance, to make a life with the stubborn woman who has sworn of...more
Tina
I was a bit apprehensive prior to starting this story. As a general rule: I do not like my romance mixed with children, pregnant heroine, or newborns. This is my rule. Typically the romance tends to be overshadowed by the children, impending birth, or life with a newborn (too real life for me). I am happy to state the author did not fall into this trap. Yes, the baby is a part of the story but more secondary to the plot than the main focus-just the way I like it. The author does a great job of b...more
Candice
This one wasn't my fave. Not enough action for me. Too much baby talk, I mean, come on, the kid is 3 months old do you really have to hold him every second of the day? I was annoyed. I have 2 kiddos myself and there were other things for us to do, like perhaps a swing, bouncy seat, play mat, tummy time, etc.

Also, absolute #1 rule was broken for me...if you know who the daddy is TELL HIM! He has every right to know. NOT 3 months later! IMMEDIATELY!

So yeah, not my fave, but still a good read.

Oh...more
Sheri

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t always love secret baby stories, but since the baby is still so young, and Charlotte supplies a very believable explanation, I let it go and really enjoyed these two.

Charlotte loves Kell, and Kell loves Charlotte, circumstances have kept them apart because Charlotte wasn’t ready to love again, but once she’s back with Kell and with their son right there bonding them, they both learn to love the idea of being in love with each other.

I really enjoye...more
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Today I saw at my email pile that this book was out and I immediately grabbed the opportunity to read it.Once again Katie Reus outdid herself.I really liked it I would just prefered it to be longer and also the two main characters needed to spent more time together.I felt as though their relationship was rushed!!!
PS:I forgot to read the previous book(I don't know hhow that happend)but I plan to read it soon(as in,in two days matter)!!!
Dawn Sullivan
This is the 5th book in the Red Stone Security Series by Katie Reus and I loved it! Just like all of the other books before it in this series, this one if full of action and suspense with some hot and steamy romance thrown in.

I absolutely loved Kellen in this story. He is the perfect male. Hot, sexy, strong, loyal, protective, and would do anything for the woman he loves. I really liked Charlotte's character, also. She went through a lot in her first marriage, but came out stronger and wiser bec...more
Patricia Eddy
I love these books so much. So many alpha-male-protector books make the women insipid, weak, and stupid. None of the women in the Red Stone Security books are anything close. They are smart, strong, and can take care of themselves. They may get themselves into situations where they need the men to rescue them, but not by their own fault. Case in point from another book in this series. Protector (doing his job), kills a man. Said man's brother vows revenge. Sees that protector is dating someone,...more
Melissa Porter
Antoher awesome addition to the Red Stone Security Series.

I love how some people can come back togther and piece things back to the way they should be.
Reece kept a secret that I dont think I would have been ever able to keep. When it finally comes out, she witnesses something that takes her away again.

Kell knew what he wanted. He had a plan to getting it. But things did not go the way he needed them to. Plans changed. Kell had to put things aside for awhile. But he was not going to give up.

K...more
Carol Anderson
Kellen (Kell) & Charlotte. Book 2 Story #5 in this 2 book in one Kindle buy. Suspenseful and sexy, this was another enjoyable read in the series! I loved the familiarity between Kell and Charlotte. They had been apart for a year, changed, and yet they still craved each other with such intensity. They were good together – Loved the ending with family all together... musdt read to fill in the time frame in-between
Fay Ann Hollcroft
I think these books are just PHENOMENAL!! Another 5 for book 5, & again everything flowed wonderfully.

I'm reading these first 6 books via 2 boxed sets & am already loving them! They aren't hurried & rushed. That's one reason I personally don't enjoy novellas or novels under 100 or so pages. The suspense is there, the romance is there & everything flows just right when more is written.

Thank-You it was GREAT!
Magen McMinimy
Another good novella added to the Red Stone Security Series.

I’ve enjoyed every book Katie has put out in this series. She creates good strong characters and though each book is stand alone and focuses on new lead characters she seems to always find some capacity for those we’ve already read about.

I love that Katie seems to always have a back story with these characters; one of my biggest issues with a lot of Novella’s and even some full length Romances is the instant love between the hero and t...more
Gina Ceballos
I’m loving this series. Installment 5 was A-MA-ZING.

Charlotte was a great character. She was cool under pressured, a fast thinker and that save Reece and her life. She was adamant in not falling in love with a man that could break her heart or base the relation on lust, but her body betrayed her mind in the best possible way. I wouldn’t be scurrying away from Kell.

Now Kell… That was a determined man. The man knew what he wanted and didn’t mind succumbing to sex to get his prize. I was expecting...more
Rebecca
I don't read a lot of romantic suspense, but the few books I've read by Ms. Reus in the Red Stone Security Series are excellent. I do wish they were a bit longer (they feel about 75,000 words, although that's a complete guess on my part), because I enjoy spending time with the characters and would like a little more interaction with the secondary characters.

This book begins with a "secret baby" but I really liked that the heroine has approached the hero quickly after the birth and with somewhat...more
Black Butterfly
May 25, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: erotica, romance
ANOTHER GREAT HOT-N-SEXY ROMANCE FROM THE REDSTONE SECURITY SERIES. I LOVE ALL THE SUPER HOT ALPHA MALES IN THIS SERIES, THEY ARE ALL SO FINE. ;D
Nicole
I finished this story last night, and by the end of book 4, I was seriously debating whether or not to even read #5. I decided to just because I'd already invested myself in the first 4 stories, so why not just finish out the series?

I seriously hope that I never again have to read or see the phrase "inner walls". Isn't there any other euphemism that can be used? The other thing that got me was in book 3, the Caldwell father's name is Richard, but in this book his name is Keith?

All in all this wa...more
Jae
Really enjoyed reading about Kell and Charlotte
Shirley
Great story as usual!
Michel Reinhard
Again Katie Reus has delivered another exceptional story in the Redstone Security Series. I absolutely loved Kell. He was a character with not only extreme sex appeal but was extremely loyal and committed. Katie Reus not only delivers a sexy love story but adds the suspense that keeps a reader on edge. I love the setting for this series- Miami. I am from south Florida and the settings and scenes always make me homesick and take me down memory lane. I highly recommend this book and series!
Michelle the Romance Witch
sweet, sexy, heartwarming, with just the right amount of intrigue to keep things moving nicely. Loved Kell and would love to find one of him for myself. :)
Sonia Cristina
Another sweet and loving story. I adored Kell and how protective he was of Charlotte and the son he just found he has. The cumplicity and intimacy of this couple was something really sweet and hot as usual with this series.
Dorel
This 5th book's storyline was great & hot & steamy. I loved Kell's character. I loved Charlotte's character too. I thought Charlotte was so brave I can't imagine how I would have handled the situation if I was her. This is definitely a good book to read great job Ms. Reus.
Darcy
I thought it was funny how Kell was so blindsided at the start by a blast from his past. Didn't take him long before he was calling the shots with Charlotte, even emotionally blackmailing her to get what he wanted. It was a bold step, but it worked for them.
Barbtrent Sohn
You did it again putting enough mystery and heat into these books that you don't want to put them down until you have finished them.
Kim
I wasn't sure about this after the first page. I'm tired of the beautiful people stories. But it was refreshing that there weren't really any stupid games being played/dumb secrets being hidden/etc.
Diana Davis
I loved the interaction between the hero and his lady. The action kept coming. The love was sizzling. I will most likely reread again and again. Thanks for such good reads.
  • Operation: Endeavor (When the Mission Ends, #2)
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)
  • Singed (Titanium Security, #2)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Wicked Firsts
  • Honor Unraveled (Red Team, #3)
  • Billionaire Bodyguard (Billionaire Bodyguard, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Deadly, #5)
  • Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer....more
More about Katie Reus...
Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1) No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1) Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2) First Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #1) Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)