Start by marking “I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy, #3)” as Want to Read:
I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy, #3)

I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy #3)

Nothing says Christmas like a bullet with your name on it. Mark is used to death and danger. Stephen will never be okay with violence -- or Mark's attitude toward it.

Like the holidays weren't tough enough on a romance.
Published December 23rd 2012 by Just Joshin'

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Something Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Something Christmas

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerUnwrapping Hank by Eli EastonLet It Snow by Heidi CullinanThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. Scott
M/M CHRISTMAS Books
22nd out of 216 books — 266 voters
Shock & Awe by Abigail RouxMuscling Through by J.L. MerrowAmong the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerThe Lion and the Crow by Eli Easton
M/M Romance Short Stories and Novellas
172nd out of 319 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
3.5 stars.***Review posted July 12, 2013

photo tumblr_mf6a8pUoXb1qa5gw3o1_r1_500_zpsae8af0e8.gif

I laughed, but it made my stomach flip, too. I loved his aggression. I felt for his free hand, lacing my fingers with his. "I love your hands," I told him. Strong hands. Gentle hands. The gentleness of true strength. Healing hands. They had healed me. Not just my body, my spirit.

photo 5ed7c890-f0f7-4732-b423-233fd652b877_zpsafe76a6e.jpg

The story starts off with Mark lying in a hospital bed. He'd been shot again and he can't remember what happened. More 'problems' between Stephen and Mark are bound to occur...

I
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Dec 26, 2012 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it it was amazing
Speechless. This must be one of my favorite couples written by Josh Lanyon. This is not a review, it's me raving. I love Mark and Stephen. I like Stephen because he's an older protagonist, he's one of those gorgeous men of fifty who have nothing to prove anymore, who have seen their shares of events, who are sane and there. Paired up with a younger guy like Mark, who is sort of unreliable because of the circumstances and who's still insecure of his lover's affection, oh.my.god... it's the ...more
Ingela
Written November 11, 2014

3 1/2 Stars - Sweet Christmas tale about trust - A nice ending to this short novella series

Book #3

I've been listening to the audiobook box with all three novellas in the "I Spy" series. Stories written by Josh Lanyon. ~ The complete series edition In From The Cold (I Spy, #1-3) is an seven hours long audio narrated very well by Alexander J. Masters.

A third N.I.C.E last part
This third installment was like the seconf, pretty short (1:45 hrs ~ 50 pages). Perhaps a tad too
Johanna
Dec 27, 2012 Johanna rated it it was amazing
Yet another wonderful Christmas story from Josh Lanyon — and this time about a couple we've already met before. This is a perfect treat — at any time of the year.

I've always felt that Mark and Stephen might be one of the most not-so-obvious couples of Lanyon's. Their backgrounds are so different from each other, the way they think, the way they react to the problems. Still, they love each other so much — and that is enough, nothing else matters in the end.

I Spy Something Bloody (I Spy #1) was th
Lena♥Ribka
Sep 11, 2016 Lena♥Ribka rated it liked it

I love Josh Lanyon's book, and I wish his inspiration will never run low.
But this last instalment was superfluous:
The same trust issues.
And the mystery was, if not ridiculous, then at least very strange.

The plot didn't deserve more than 2 stars, BUT the writing is worth more.

Well, it is why- the solid 3 stars.
Ami
Mark and Stephen (from I Spy series) is -- in my humble opinion -- one of the most melancholic couples of Josh Lanyon's. I always feel that their story has a somber mood. Maybe because Mark used to have a dangerous life, which follows him even he had decided to retire. Then there is the age gap between him and Stephen, which could play into Mark's insecurities.

It surely shows here as well... Mark was shot and he didn't remember much about it. This created disturbance between him and Stephen as
Heather C
Gah, so Josh released this story and totally screwed up my "Christmas Story Boycott" because I just HAD to read it.

I loved getting another glimpse into Mark and Stephen's lives. This had just the sweetest ending and I loved how it tied in with The Dickens With Love.

4 stars because it was just too short and the mystery wasn't all that intriguing.
Plainbrownwrapper
Dec 23, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-again-maybe
This new story was just published today, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It's a continuation of the "I Spy" books with Mark the former British Intelligence agent and Stephen the doctor. In this installment, someone is trying to kill Mark even though he has been retired for several months and is now doing nothing more objectionable than going to school to get a teaching certificate. Stephen is concerned that Mark may have gotten back into espionage, and Mark is concerned that Stephen ...more
Edina Rose

This is the book where Mark and Stephen's HEA finally feels real. Until now, I had never fully believed in their HEA. And you would think Stephen who is much older than Mark would be the insecure one in the relationship, but no. Mark still thinks sometimes that Stephen will have enough of the drama and danger that follows him and will give up on their relationship. He still feels a bit threatened by Stephen's ex-lover. But Stephen is a tough bastard under his gentle doctor and philanthropist ima
Gigi
Ack! I am SO SAD right now. This is the final in Josh Lanyon's I Spy series and since it was published over 3 years ago, the hopes for another book are pretty grim. And I don't want it to be over!

I absolutely fell in love with MC Mark and MC Stephen. Their relationship was passionate and romantic and fiery and they had these awesome fights that had me holding my breath, wondering when the other shoe would drop. I really, really love that in my M/M romances.

Higly recommended! I'm excited to explo
Tully Vincent
Mar 03, 2015 Tully Vincent rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Reading Josh Lanyon is always a treat, and this short was no exception. I enjoyed revisiting these two characters. However, was a bit sad at the doubt and mistrust still between them seven months after the end of book one. Loved the peep into Bryce's life, and he came across as such a sweet guy in this that I found myself wishing for a story that shows more of this softer character and hoping he gets a HEA.
Emma Sea
Lanyon is as wonderful as ever.
Thank you, secret santa!!
Trix
Irina
Jul 15, 2014 Irina rated it really liked it
***4 stars***

Great conclusion to the series.

I wish it was slightly longer and with more mystery and suspense. But one of these days, I'll just have to accept that there's only so much you can write in 50-70 pages.

However, as the short series goes, this was a very engaging read and I loved it!
Alona
May 11, 2014 Alona rated it liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, m-m
I loved the first two books, this one was just... Meh... Nothing much happened, mostly more of the same.
Sofia
May 12, 2014 Sofia rated it liked it
3.4stars

Strangely detached which might be because I’ve just come out of an intense read or because something in the book itself.

I will review after a reread.
Katharina
May 12, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it
I think Ami's got it right, when she calls Mark and Stephen one of Lanyon's most melancholic couples in her review. Many of Josh Lanyon's books have a certain amount of mischievous humour, or a big thrill, or drama. And the I Spy series also has a bit of all that, although the suspense part is very much a subplot in the background here, but it's all... subdued somehow. The stories flow beautifully and, yes, melancholically centering around Mark and Stephen's relationship, their insecurities and ...more
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

It's the Christmas season and Mark awakens in the hospital recovering from a bullet wound. The problem is he can't remember how he got shot. Although Mark is used to death and danger, Stephen will never be okay with violence or Mark's attitude toward it. Stephen fears that Mark is somehow back in the spy game but keeping it under wraps. Meanwhile, Mark fears that Stephen's distrust and their resulting arguments are sure signs that he is on the verge of being dumped.

I Spy Something Chris
thelastaerie
Dec 26, 2012 thelastaerie rated it it was amazing
It's great to see Stephen and Mark again. While Mark might not be the easiest person for readers to root for, his love for Stephen is so palpable, it's always heart wrenching to see him struggling to prove his love (or worthy for Stephen). Stephen has his own insecurities, so the self-doubt and trust issue are always they both have to work on. The case here (who tried to kill Mark) is more of a plot device than a full-blown mystery, but it fits right into the core problem of their relationship. ...more
Tracie Payne
Aug 30, 2016 Tracie Payne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-books
Loved loved loved. How vulnerable was Mark?! And how perfect was Stephen? Some very heartfelt words that just made the ending of this short story absolute perfection.
Paola
I was a bit hesitant to read the third instalment of the I Spy series because Mark and Stephen are a bit of an ‘uncomfortable’ read for me. Mark, in particular, in his professional secret agent role he retired from at the end of I Spy Something Wicked as well as in his personal life, may be considered a difficult hero (or antihero) to root for. He’s also a bit slower to evolve and grow, compared to other Josh Lanyon characters, in the sense that it takes him quite a few trials and errors before ...more
Caroline
Jan 20, 2013 Caroline rated it it was amazing
I read Josh Lanyon’s I-Spy series in the wrong order as I came to this, the third book, first. But actually it doesn’t matter. You can read this as a stand-alone novella without already knowing the background of the main characters.

It begins with Mark waking up in hospital, having been shot (not for the first time) and concussed so he doesn’t remember anything about the incident. By his bedside is his lover, Stephen, an older man, capable and reassuring and someone whom the reader immediately wa
Meep
Dec 29, 2012 Meep rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the 'I Spy' verse
Hadn't known this was coming out so it was a lovely Christmas suprise, re-visiting well liked characters. I don't think the book works as a standalone, you'd need to read the previous books to recognise some of the characters and understand the full dynamic between the main characters.

So much doubt between them still. This book is all about trust and I kind of wished they'd got further with that after the emotional journey of the previous book. What I did love was that Stephen; older, gentler, i
Julesmarie
Jan 01, 2013 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
I had no idea until just now that this was part of a series... which in itself speaks for the talent of the writer, I think. I'm excited to get to go back now and read how these two got together!

And speaking of... it's been long enough since I've read something by Josh Lanyon that I'd forgotten just how much I adore his writing style. I've never been a big fan of mysteries, but for a while last year I was HOOKED just because they were written by Mr. Lanyon.

This was another great example of his
Bella
Jul 04, 2013 Bella rated it it was amazing
This series is always one of my favorites and this last one didn't disappoint me. And do I like it?? I love it. I think I wrote in each book's review of this series that I love Stephen and have to say again that I just loveeee Stephen. The way he's always so gentle, caring and understanding to Mark, it's just awesome. I was always wondering what's happening with them after book 2. So this book came as a surprise to me. I really really enjoyed their cozy christmas and ofcourse then came the ...more
Tamela
Again, I love these guys. The hard part was the trust issue. Mark honestly didn't remember what had happened, but Stephen was having a hard time believing him.

I'm happy they got some of there differences ironed out and the Stephen let Mark know exactly what to expect in their relationship.
Murphy
Sep 07, 2013 Murphy rated it it was amazing
I really like this couple in the story. The relationship is interesting and the suspense is really genuine. I read almost everything that Josh Lanyon writes. He is one of my favorite writers and has given me hours of wonderful entertainment.
Carey
Dec 23, 2012 Carey rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed catching up with Mark and Stephen, the love Mark feels for him is so intense, beautiful Christmas story.
Joy
Jan 05, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it
A wonderful Christmas story of love, trust and forgiveness
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars because the "villain" turned out to be a disappointment)
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Simple Gifts (Cornwall Novellas, #2)
  • Comfort and Joy
  • Tinsel Fish (Tyack & Frayne, #2)
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
  • A Summit City Christmas (Summit City, #2.5)
  • Men Under the Mistletoe
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop #7)
  • Twelve Days (A Note in the Margin, #2)
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Gaudete
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song (Heartwarming)
  • Something to Believe In
  • Where the Lovelight Gleams
Bestselling author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance, JOSH LANYON has been called "arguably the single most influential voice in m/m romance today." Granted, that was yesterday.

Today Josh's work has been translated into nine languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be publi
More about Josh Lanyon...

I Spy (3 books)
  • I Spy Something Bloody (I Spy, #1)
  • I Spy Something Wicked (I Spy, #2)