Start by marking “There is a Brotherhood (The Noble Tie That Binds, #1)” as Want to Read:
There is a Brotherhood (The Noble Tie That Binds, #1)

There is a Brotherhood (The Noble Tie That Binds #1)

So far, college has taught Stiles three things:

1) Eight am classes are cruel and unusual and should be avoided at all costs, even if it means having to enroll in something truly hideous instead, like Econ 101.

2) Dorm security is just as tight as Stiles’ orientation leader had promised it would be, and the dude guarding Scott’s dorm in particular does not respond well to br
Published October 11th 2012 by AO3 (first published September 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about There is a Brotherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There is a Brotherhood

julio
Jan 16, 2016 julio rated it it was ok
Shelves: shorts, fanfic
palate cleanser!

...i hope.

ETA: so-so.

the first bit was fun, but things got stupid and y'all know how stupid is bad for the skin, right?

gives you wrinkles.

Dalia
Sep 08, 2015 Dalia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, sterek-etc
Pranks between the Omega and Alpha fraternity! Stiles is a pranking mastermind. I couldn't stop grinning while reading this fic. It's just so fun and adorable.
“I guess I woke him up or something, I don’t know, but I was greasing up his doorknob when the door flies open and there he is, glaring at me.”

Scott’s face goes all funny for a second, like he’s holding in a hysterical burst of laughter, and Stiles frowns. “What,” he demands. “What’s so funny?”

“You were greasing his knob?” Scott chokes ou
Rosa, really
Jan 09, 2015 Rosa, really rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfic-sterek

Sterek as competing frat boys!
Pranks! Pranks! Pranks!
See Stiles flail!
See Derek brood!
See Sterek sex it up!
See Rosa drooool!

So, uh, yeah...what's not to like?

description

Vivian
Nov 29, 2014 Vivian rated it really liked it
Youth-- If you're not doing something stupid, you're doing it wrong.

Righteous acts of unparalleled awesome as Stiles leads the charge against the Alpha fraternity. College shenanigans in this good natured fraternity rivalry.
Jilrene ♥
Fun, fluffy and a little hot. Loved the pranks!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 20, 2014 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, fan-fic, sterek-love
They just really love each other. No matter what the situation. Long live Sterek.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Jun 08, 2015 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek
This was fun, just like most any other high school/college Sterek AU out there.

What starts off as simple fraternity pranking, escalates into a one-upmanship between Derek and Stiles. Be prepared for plenty of glee, lust, and self doubt.

Things are about to get personal fast... *wink, wink*

Easy reading that was funny with flirty light smex! There's a companion fic in Derek's POV if you're interested.
MLE
Aug 27, 2014 MLE rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfiction
A sweet, and fun college story. I loved the prank war, and the relationship between the fraternities. They were rivals, but not in a mean spirited, or nasty sort of way. It made for enjoyable reading. The developing relationship between Stiles and Derek was adorable, and I loved their banter. A really nice read.
Bree Cheese
Dec 02, 2014 Bree Cheese rated it really liked it
I think this was my favorite fic of the EPIC SETERK BINGE WEEKEND. Stiles is just so Stiles in this. It's hilarious and sweet with a few sexy times.
Tony
This review and rating is kinda more for both parts together.
The Noble Tie That Binds, part 1&2
Man, I loved this adorable college fic about silly young people doing stupid things, whilst falling all over themselves into something like love. Seriously,

Perfection? Yet to have found such a thing. Mind-blowing? Nope, not here.
My five stars are for my pure unadulterated 100% enjoyment!
Separately, I'd probably give them both 4 stars each.
I think I have a weakness for teen/ya Sterek fics....naaah
Susan
Oct 22, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek-read, mm
Stiles has just started college. He joins a fraternity, the Omegas. Because no way does he want to join The Alphas, the fraternity with that pretty guy, Derek.

Of course there are pranks. Lots and lots of pranks. And Sterek smexy times. Goooood Sterek smexy times.

This was fun! Just what I needed.

description
Julesmarie
Jul 21, 2013 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
Oh, this was fun. Stiles is a creative little demon when it comes to pranks... Some of the things he comes up with to frustrate, inconvenience, or embarrass the Alpha house without possibly causing maiming or other bodily injury were simply brilliant. And hilarious.

And the big one Derek comes up with to get revenge? Not only genius, but also with the duct tape and the handcuffs... so hot!

I agree that it did, in a way, feel like two separate stories: one before Halloween and one after. But I didn
Tara♥
Jul 27, 2016 Tara♥ rated it really liked it

Oh this was adorable!!

AU where the boys are in college. Stiles is pledging for Derek's rival fraternity. Fun and sexual tension follow.

Stiles POV but Your Lifelong Membership is Free is the same story from Derek's POV so I'm super excited about reading that. I do love a Derek POV. *le sigh*

Eli Easton
May 19, 2014 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
This is a very highly-ranked (on AOL) Sterek fan fic (Teen Wolf). Stiles and Scott go to college and rush the Omega fraternity. Derek is head of their rivals, the Alpha fraternity. Stiles masterminds a number of inventive pranks of the Alphas for rush week and Derek is intrigued. Fun Halloween their-masked-so-they-don't-know-who-each-other-is sex scene. Cute.
BWT (Belen)
Jan 02, 2016 BWT (Belen) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sterek, mm-fiction, 2015
Hilarious!! Steamy sex and humor...this was just brilliant.
Meags
Dec 22, 2015 Meags rated it liked it
Recommended to Meags by: R * A Reader Obsessed *
Shelves: fanfic-sterek
3.5 Stars

Another solid high school/college Sterek AU fic. I seem to be quite a fan of these stories. They provide good, mindless, fun reads, and I can’t get enough of those.

Rival fraternities and an epic prank war.

Stiles on one side, Derek on the other.

Let the fun ensue…

And then…feelings!

This fic was told through Stiles POV. The sequel (or retelling) Your Lifelong Membership is Free is told through Derek’s POV – I preferred the sequel.
Lori
Oct 05, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: fan-fic
So that was all kinds of cute. Just when I needed something sweet that required no thinking, this came along. Serendipity my friends, serendipity.
Skye Blue
Just what I needed. A fun Sterek read. I loved the prank war. They were always careful to not let it become dangerous or mean spirited. Very cute.
Kudrat Kaur
3.75 stars - review to come

Just have to say though - really glad I came across this story. It's short, funny, cute and just all-around amazing.
Meep
Mar 02, 2015 Meep rated it liked it
Fun pranks between fraternities, where Derek tries to be broody and Stiles is master planner.
Chris ↛
Jun 11, 2015 Chris ↛ rated it really liked it
Shelves: fan-fiction
An an alternative take of the Teen Wolf Universe. Where Scott and Stiles are university freshmen trying to join a fraternity that has an annual prank war (which serves as their initiation) with Derek's fraternity.

I love the authors way of writing, and personally I think she should consider writing novels as a career path. (Though that's basing from this fic only, which isn't really reliable but she has potential.)

The fic focused on Stiles and I love how spot on Stiles acted in the fic, witty an
Arpi !!!getting high on books!!!
After the angst in my last book, I needed some Sterek fun...and that's exactly what I got with this

Pure Sterek Fun!

and I loved it....It's Derek and Stiles in college and lots of Pranks and lots of fun

Lots of Laughter and Light read for a very fun and happy time

3 stars coz it was abrupt in lots of places and the flow was not as smooth as it should have been.....else it was really good
Finnegan
Feb 28, 2015 Finnegan rated it it was amazing
Very good sterek fanfiction. I actually laughed out loud a few times, and enjoyed the prank wars a lot. But the story was also romantic, and I liked that even more. Five fabulous stars.
Camille
Apr 07, 2013 Camille rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-rom-erotica, free
3.4

Cyndi
Jul 06, 2014 Cyndi rated it really liked it
Cute and sweet - and you get both POVs if you read the sequel...bonus and score.
Trix
May 21, 2015 Trix rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded to 4 because it left me with a smile on my face.

Nothing of werewolves, of a family fire and traumatizing past. Still, this college version of Stiles and Derek was still cute and lovable. I thought Stiles' prank ideas were fun without degrading to something humiliating or hurtful. Derek was still somewhat mysterious and intimidating. There was the sexual spark between them (though sadly, with the more explicit details hidden in between paragraphs).

Yeah, quite nice! I'll go check
Borderstar
This was really fun. I didn't know quite what to expect of this and normally I don't really go for the frat stuff, but this wasn't really typical of that. The pranks going backwards and forwards were really quite funny and I ended up really enjoying it.
Karen Wellsbury
Jan 07, 2015 Karen Wellsbury rated it really liked it
Great college age Sterek

Stiles, less awkward and more playful, Derek is...Derek like but not as dark
Low angst, lots of banter

Cute and sweet
Brooke
Apr 17, 2015 Brooke rated it really liked it
Fun quick sexy read for when you want something short but still with plot.
Katriona
  • Play It Again
  • Hide Of A Life War
  • Electricity In the Contact
  • The Boy and the Beast

The Noble Tie That Binds (2 books)
  • Your Lifelong Membership is Free (The Noble Tie That Binds, #2)