Start by marking “The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)

The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  10,674 Ratings  ·  946 Reviews
Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. For Luke, meaningless relationships are a distraction-a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He desperately wishes he could forget his past, but it haunts him no matter what he does.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life. When she was young, she was left with no family and
Published January 7th 2014 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Destiny of Violet & Luke, please sign up.

Joany Vries You can read it seperate from the first two books in the series, but I guarantee that you're going to want to read the following book in this series…moreYou can read it seperate from the first two books in the series, but I guarantee that you're going to want to read the following book in this series because Jessica Sorensen seems to have a thing for cliffhangers :)(less)
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
27th out of 1,465 books — 6,898 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
2013 New Adult Releases
34th out of 1,163 books — 3,089 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Sorensen
Dec 04, 2013 Jessica Sorensen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favs
Comes out ebook Jan. 7th :)
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Luke's NOT GAY! :( :( *ugly sobs*

We get a release date and blurb! :D AND a chick's name :\ Gah.

Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. He uses meaningless relationships as a distraction and a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He secretly wishes that one day he could find that one perfect person, but deep down he doesn't believe that perfection really exists.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life, surrounded by drugs, neglect, and
4 ‘It can’t end like this’ stars!

photo ac0ed0a7-12ad-49d8-a63b-13aedf7fe803_zps9fafb6ed.jpg

There are a few things you can be fairly certain of when you read a book by Jessica Sorensen. There will be broken or damaged characters, the writing will be amazing, and there is a pretty good chance there will be a brutal cliffhanger. All three of those things happen to be true about The Destiny of Violet & Luke.

Luke is best friends with Kayden Owens. From previous books, we know that Luke’s mom has issues, his sister killed herself at sixteen, and Luke co
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 emotionally draining stars!

What I expect whenever I read a Jessica Sorensen book:

1. Intensity
2. Imperfectly perfect characters
3. Twists I never see coming
4. Cliffhangers

This book took depressing to a whole new level. I think this is the first time I've read a NA book with both characters having SO MUCH baggage. There's no doubt that Jessica Sorensen can write a great book, but be prepared to have your happy mood crushed. There aren't any butterflies and unicorns here.

Both Violet and Luke suff
Sep 17, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: alternating-pov
4 Emotional Stars

Wow, this is such an emotional read, and it all just came crashing down at the end. This review will be short, because I have to jump into the sequel to see what happens next.

We saw glimpses of Luke in Kayden and Callie story, he is Kayden’s best friend. I have loved Luke from the beginning, he is understanding, sarcastic, and accepting. After reading Luke’s backstory it is completely understanding why Luke is so accepting of other people. Abandon by his father at a young age, h
Feb 21, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
4 Stars
It's been a long time since I've read the first two books in this series. I knew going in that this was going to be sad but I didn't realize it was going to end leaving me hanging. Thank goodness the next book is out!

Violet and Luke are both loners. They both have had a very messed up childhood. They both have very different ways that they cope with their feelings but yet they both kind of deal the same way.
Violet doesn't let anyone get close to her. She doesn't even tell people her real
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 14, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Violet and Luke get the most miserable couple award!

This was one of the most depressing books I have read. Not because of their circumstances but because of their draining dual pov. Usually a book will have one positive person or funny or something. Luke is an alcoholic/man whore and Violet is an adrenaline junkie/drug dealer both struggling with events from their past.

Slowly these two become closer, breaking down each other’s walls but honestly the happy was about 5% of the story.

Rachel Reads Ravenously
DAAAMMMNNNN that was dark. I loved it! Way to bust out all of the feels Ms. Sorensen!

Review to follow. At some point :P
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 25, 2016 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I AM LOVING THIS SERIES SO MUCH SRSLY. This one was really predictable though, but based purely on my enjoyment reading this book and the feelings it evoked, 4.5 stars!
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4 depressing stars!

This book took a lot out of me. This is one of the most depressing book I've come across considering that both main characters are barely 20 years old and they're already carrying loads of baggage.

Luke and Violet both suffered very traumatic events in their childhood that rendered them incapable of forming healthy relationships. They met and despite their reservations, became friends and then lovers, for lack of a better world. Their relationship wasn't an easy nor a conventi
Jan 14, 2014 Brandi rated it liked it
"Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats fiercely in my chest, is all because of her."

Violet and Luke both have traumatic pasts. Using alcohol, sex, adrenaline and violence, to cope with the nightmares they endure. Keeping everyone at a distance, never letting anyone too close. Violet and Luke meet and although they fight it, start to care about one another. But the secrets they are running from are not far behind. Will they be able to survive the truth?

And what Jessica Sorensen n
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
Aug 24, 2015 ☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I just read that book in one day so obviously this is a quick read. None the less, it was really good.

At the start of this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. Luke had been one of the minor characters who was always understanding which is why all of us readers knew that he, too, had a rough past. Violet was mentioned only a few times which was intriguing since I never really knew why Ms. Sorensen made a big deal of pointing her out. I didn't expect each other life stories, but they weren't a let
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart way in hell is that the end! what a complete Bomb drop..explosion then nothing! I really am speechless...I can't even come up with a good review because there it isn't of thebiggest damn cliffhangers ever!

This is a strange yet intimate dance with Violet and Luke. Both are broken and barely hanging on to what little possessions they have. They have frequent run-ins in which there is flirty banter, almost intimate moments, and friendly actions, each bringing them closer to one
Annie Brewer
Please be Luke's book! I love him.....almost as much as I love Kayden and that's A LOT!!! I want him to be happy, he deserves it!!! Please, please, please Mrs. Sorensen! :)

YES! YES! YES! YESSSSSSSS! It's Luke's book! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! I love Luke! Can't wait! CAN'T. WAIT.!!!!!!
Dec 17, 2012 Katherine marked it as to-read

Ms. Jessica Sorensen is famous for writing novels with characters with horrible pasts but turning into great people.

photo Genius_gif_zps26a6d3f7.gif

Ms. Jessica never disappoints.

I guess it is right to write something like The Destiny of Violet and Luke. I find it really raw and realistic. While reading this, it's like I'm on the actual scene and I'm with them witnessing everything.

photo tumblr_m3pg9du5d11qldudx_zps8e442c19.gif

I'd been waiting for this book since I read Callie and Kayden's series and started wondering what is Luke's
Jan 27, 2014 Erica rated it it was ok
This was reaaaaallllyyyy sllloooowwww.

It's a typical book for this Coincidence series. I liked the first one, sorta liked the second one, but this one was a total bomb for me. They are all super depressing and the characters are all outrageously damaged. The storyline for this one just seemed a little wacky to me (view spoiler)

It ends with a cliffhanger. I don't like the direction it's going in, so I don't plan to read anymore in this series.
I hate to say this since I haven't read the second book about Kayden and Callie yet but I rather read more about Violet and Luke more than Callie and Kayden
Jan 25, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Angsty Romances.

Both Violet and Luke have more baggage than Louis Vuitton.

Violet has been shipped from foster home to foster home never finding a solid place to land. Luke has struggled to deal with his drug addicted mother who suffers from paranoia.

They both have decided that relationships are not in the cards for them. Letting people get close can only lead to getting hurt.

Both feel incredibly broken in their own way.

When they find each other, Luke discovers that he is curious about a girl for the first time
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jessica Sorensen is one of the best authors I have discovered this year. Each one of her books has had me feeling so many different emotions, from happiness, to angst, to hatred and to shock. One thing that you are guaranteed when you pick up a Jessica Sorensen book is a whirlwind of emotion. You cannot read one of her books and feel stoic about it. Sorensen pulls emotions from her readers and that takes a lot of talent, I think, in a writer.

Luke Price has always been a little misunderstood. Af

Yes, I am a fan of Sorensen because I feel she brings to life some of the most wonderfully broken characters whose stories affect me deeply. But seriously I should know better by now. It never fails that I am wanting to chuck my Ipad across the room when I hit the cliffhanger ending. Perhaps since I just finished reading The Ever After of Ella and Micha and since I thought of this as a shoot off like Lila and Ethan's book, I didn't expect the gut wrenching feelings I
Denia Books and Baubles®
There are just too many problems for me to comprehend, I get tired and frustrated with both of them, like Jesus, get a hold of yourself, fix your problems and move on!!!.
But then again, I can't seem to put down the book, and is actually frustrating me... Now to the next one!!!
Feb 02, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
Questo libro è un nodo allo stomaco dalla prima all'ultima pagina. Un nodo che qualche volta sembra sul punto di sciogliersi ma mai interamente. E che ritorna ad essere più stretto che mai nelle ultime pagine.
Non so come riesca la Sorensen a raccontare storie così disperate e a renderle così coinvolgenti. Nè come faccia a creare personaggi maschili uno più tenero dell'altro.
Kayden è stato per un anno il mio preferito ma ora questo titolo lo merita Luke: il dolce, passionale, tormentato e autole
Sep 18, 2016 Tana rated it liked it
The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence #3) by Jessica Sorensen

Ok so first I will say it took me a bit to finish this book, the writing was good story flowed well, but I had a hard time liking the two main characters Violet and Luke together.

Jessica Sorensen gives us readers stories that are wonderful, loving, and at the same time heart wrenching and most of the time I can't put the book down. She is a 5 star rated author.

Violet & Luke's story just didn't to it for me. At times I
Jul 15, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it
Daer Jessica Sorensen
Cioè mio basta con sti finali eh!!!!
Luke ammmmmore mio sei troppo tutto
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
4 broken stars.

There are a few things that I have come to love about Jessica Sorensen’s writing. Her ability to create broken characters that not only capture your heart, but can break it just as easily. The way she gives you pure imperfection, there may be hope for a happily ever after, for the lost being found, but these characters are not without flaws. We’ve met Luke & Violet during Callie & Kayden’s journey. We’ve just never gotten to know them before, until now.

Luke has wanted one
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jan 27, 2014 Carol [Goodreads Addict] rated it really liked it
The Destiny of Violet & Luke is book three in The Coincidence series by Jessica Sorensen. No one can write dark and damaged better than Jessica Sorensen and she hasn’t let us down in this book.

Violet is Callie’s roommate at college from the first two books. Violet’s parents were violently murdered the night before her sixth birthday. The murders were never solved. Violet was shuffled from one foster family to another and she taught herself to never get attached, to never let anyone in. And
Mimi Valentine
Nooooooooooooooo!!! What kind of ending was that?????

This is DEFINITELY, without a doubt, one of Jessica Sorensen's best! I wasn't the biggest fan of Callie & Kayden's story (at least not as much as Ella and Micha), and I wasn't even sure if I was going to read this one because Violet wasn't my favourite character before -- but she proved me wrong. And Luke? I love him so much. They are both two royally screwed up people with awful pasts and a very small chance of a HEA, but I love them anyw
Jul 12, 2014 Maggie rated it really liked it
Ohh.... Poor Luke and Violet. It's just so sad. Luke's story was definitely not what I was expecting but it was fantastic! And I definitely didn't see Violet that way. But she is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover (no pun intended). I just can't wait to read where their story goes next.
Aug 20, 2015 Lu rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. FUCKI- WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING?? There is no way I can wait til September for the fourth book without dying.
interesting. 5 119 Feb 08, 2014 11:20AM
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Flawed (Connections, #4.5)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • I Love You, Always (I Love You, #3)
  • Song of the Fireflies
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Lucky Me
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Declaration (Preservation, #3)
  • Burning Up (Bound Together, #2)
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.
More about Jessica Sorensen...

The Coincidence (7 books)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4)
  • The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #5)
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #7)

“It's all about her. Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats firecely inside my chest, is all because of her. Violet owns me.” 19 likes
“Even though the odds are in my favor, doesn’t mean they’ll end up that way. First rule of cards. And of life.” 14 likes