Start by marking “The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)

The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence #3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  7,968 ratings  ·  799 reviews
Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. For Luke, meaningless relationships are a distraction-a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He desperately wishes he could forget his past, but it haunts him no matter what he does.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life. When she was young, she was left with no family and
Published January 7th 2014 by Forever (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Destiny of Violet & Luke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Destiny of Violet & Luke

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
27th out of 1,441 books — 6,893 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
2013 New Adult Releases
31st out of 1,157 books — 3,040 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Sorensen
Dec 04, 2013 Jessica Sorensen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favs
Comes out ebook Jan. 7th :)
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Luke's NOT GAY! :( :( *ugly sobs*

We get a release date and blurb! :D AND a chick's name :\ Gah.

Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. He uses meaningless relationships as a distraction and a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He secretly wishes that one day he could find that one perfect person, but deep down he doesn't believe that perfection really exists.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life, surrounded by drugs, neglect, and
Christy
4 ‘It can’t end like this’ stars!

photo ac0ed0a7-12ad-49d8-a63b-13aedf7fe803_zps9fafb6ed.jpg

There are a few things you can be fairly certain of when you read a book by Jessica Sorensen. There will be broken or damaged characters, the writing will be amazing, and there is a pretty good chance there will be a brutal cliffhanger. All three of those things happen to be true about The Destiny of Violet & Luke.

Luke is best friends with Kayden Owens. From previous books, we know that Luke’s mom has issues, his sister killed herself at sixteen, and Luke co
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 emotionally draining stars!

What I expect whenever I read a Jessica Sorensen book:

1. Intensity
2. Imperfectly perfect characters
3. Twists I never see coming
4. Cliffhangers

This book took depressing to a whole new level. I think this is the first time I've read a NA book with both characters having SO MUCH baggage. There's no doubt that Jessica Sorensen can write a great book, but be prepared to have your happy mood crushed. There aren't any butterflies and unicorns here.

Both Violet and Luke suff
Beverly
4 Emotional Stars

Wow, this is such an emotional read, and it all just came crashing down at the end. This review will be short, because I have to jump into the sequel to see what happens next.

We saw glimpses of Luke in Kayden and Callie story, he is Kayden’s best friend. I have loved Luke from the beginning, he is understanding, sarcastic, and accepting. After reading Luke’s backstory it is completely understanding why Luke is so accepting of other people. Abandon by his father at a young age, h
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

description

Violet and Luke get the most miserable couple award!

This was one of the most depressing books I have read. Not because of their circumstances but because of their draining dual pov. Usually a book will have one positive person or funny or something. Luke is an alcoholic/man whore and Violet is an adrenaline junkie/drug dealer both struggling with events from their past.

Slowly these two become closer, breaking down each other’s walls but honestly the happy was about 5% of the story.

Vio
♥~♥Geri ~ the HEA junkie ♥~♥
4 depressing stars!

This book took a lot out of me. This is one of the most depressing book I've come across considering that both main characters are barely 20 years old and they're already carrying loads of baggage.

Luke and Violet both suffered very traumatic events in their childhood that rendered them incapable of forming healthy relationships. They met and despite their reservations, became friends and then lovers, for lack of a better world. Their relationship wasn't an easy nor a conventi
Brandi
"Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats fiercely in my chest, is all because of her."
description

Violet and Luke both have traumatic pasts. Using alcohol, sex, adrenaline and violence, to cope with the nightmares they endure. Keeping everyone at a distance, never letting anyone too close. Violet and Luke meet and although they fight it, start to care about one another. But the secrets they are running from are not far behind. Will they be able to survive the truth?

And what Jessica Sorensen no
Kelli C for "Cross"
omg...no way in hell is that the end! what a complete Bomb drop..explosion then nothing! I really am speechless...I can't even come up with a good review because there it isn't over...one of thebiggest damn cliffhangers ever!

This is a strange yet intimate dance with Violet and Luke. Both are broken and barely hanging on to what little possessions they have. They have frequent run-ins in which there is flirty banter, almost intimate moments, and friendly actions, each bringing them closer to one
Annie Brewer
Please be Luke's book! I love him.....almost as much as I love Kayden and that's A LOT!!! I want him to be happy, he deserves it!!! Please, please, please Mrs. Sorensen! :)

YES! YES! YES! YESSSSSSSS! It's Luke's book! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! I love Luke! Can't wait! CAN'T. WAIT.!!!!!!
Katherine
Dec 17, 2012 Katherine marked it as to-read
PLEASE LET THIS BE LUKE'S BOOK!!!!!!!
Claudine
100 MOST FCKED UP PASTS COUPLE STARS

Ms. Jessica Sorensen is famous for writing novels with characters with horrible pasts but turning into great people.

photo Genius_gif_zps26a6d3f7.gif

Ms. Jessica never disappoints.

I guess it is right to write something like The Destiny of Violet and Luke. I find it really raw and realistic. While reading this, it's like I'm on the actual scene and I'm with them witnessing everything.

photo tumblr_m3pg9du5d11qldudx_zps8e442c19.gif

I'd been waiting for this book since I read Callie and Kayden's series and started wondering what is Luke's s
Erica
This was reaaaaallllyyyy sllloooowwww.

It's a typical book for this Coincidence series. I liked the first one, sorta liked the second one, but this one was a total bomb for me. They are all super depressing and the characters are all outrageously damaged. The storyline for this one just seemed a little wacky to me (view spoiler)

It ends with a cliffhanger. I don't like the direction it's going in, so I don't plan to read anymore in this series.
Kaitlin
I hate to say this since I haven't read the second book about Kayden and Callie yet but I rather read more about Violet and Luke more than Callie and Kayden
Heather

Both Violet and Luke have more baggage than Louis Vuitton.

Violet has been shipped from foster home to foster home never finding a solid place to land. Luke has struggled to deal with his drug addicted mother who suffers from paranoia.

They both have decided that relationships are not in the cards for them. Letting people get close can only lead to getting hurt.

Both feel incredibly broken in their own way.

When they find each other, Luke discovers that he is curious about a girl for the first time
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jessica Sorensen is one of the best authors I have discovered this year. Each one of her books has had me feeling so many different emotions, from happiness, to angst, to hatred and to shock. One thing that you are guaranteed when you pick up a Jessica Sorensen book is a whirlwind of emotion. You cannot read one of her books and feel stoic about it. Sorensen pulls emotions from her readers and that takes a lot of talent, I think, in a writer.

Luke Price has always been a little misunderstood. Af
*P
4.5 ARE YOU KIDDING ME Stars

Yes, I am a fan of Sorensen because I feel she brings to life some of the most wonderfully broken characters whose stories affect me deeply. But seriously I should know better by now. It never fails that I am wanting to chuck my Ipad across the room when I hit the cliffhanger ending. Perhaps since I just finished reading The Ever After of Ella and Micha and since I thought of this as a shoot off like Lila and Ethan's book, I didn't expect the gut wrenching feelings I
Ari
Jun 19, 2013 Ari marked it as to-read
i was secretly hope that Luke will end up with Seth...*sobs quietly in the corner*
whaiiii...whaiiii
Michelle
4 broken stars.

There are a few things that I have come to love about Jessica Sorensen’s writing. Her ability to create broken characters that not only capture your heart, but can break it just as easily. The way she gives you pure imperfection, there may be hope for a happily ever after, for the lost being found, but these characters are not without flaws. We’ve met Luke & Violet during Callie & Kayden’s journey. We’ve just never gotten to know them before, until now.

Luke has wanted one
Carol [Goodreads addict]
The Destiny of Violet & Luke is book three in The Coincidence series by Jessica Sorensen. No one can write dark and damaged better than Jessica Sorensen and she hasn’t let us down in this book.

Violet is Callie’s roommate at college from the first two books. Violet’s parents were violently murdered the night before her sixth birthday. The murders were never solved. Violet was shuffled from one foster family to another and she taught herself to never get attached, to never let anyone in. And
Mimi Valentine
Nooooooooooooooo!!! What kind of ending was that?????

This is DEFINITELY, without a doubt, one of Jessica Sorensen's best! I wasn't the biggest fan of Callie & Kayden's story (at least not as much as Ella and Micha), and I wasn't even sure if I was going to read this one because Violet wasn't my favourite character before -- but she proved me wrong. And Luke? I love him so much. They are both two royally screwed up people with awful pasts and a very small chance of a HEA, but I love them anyw
Liz
Questo libro è un nodo allo stomaco dalla prima all'ultima pagina. Un nodo che qualche volta sembra sul punto di sciogliersi ma mai interamente. E che ritorna ad essere più stretto che mai nelle ultime pagine.
Non so come riesca la Sorensen a raccontare storie così disperate e a renderle così coinvolgenti. Nè come faccia a creare personaggi maschili uno più tenero dell'altro.
Kayden è stato per un anno il mio preferito ma ora questo titolo lo merita Luke: il dolce, passionale, tormentato e autole
Maggie
Ohh.... Poor Luke and Violet. It's just so sad. Luke's story was definitely not what I was expecting but it was fantastic! And I definitely didn't see Violet that way. But she is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover (no pun intended). I just can't wait to read where their story goes next.
Lu (previously: Eη)
OH. MY. FUCKI- WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING?? There is no way I can wait til September for the fourth book without dying.
Mona
INHALT
Violet und Luke kennen sich nur flüchtig durch ihre gemeinsamen Freunde und hatten nie viel miteinander zu tun, bis Violet auf einer Party einen seltsamen Zusammenprall mit Luke hat. Beide wollen eigentlich nichts voneinander wissen, können sich aber auf der anderen Seite auch nicht voneinander fernhalten. Sie hatten beide eine sehr schwierige Vergangenheit: Luke litt unter den Drogenproblemen seiner Mutter und Violet wuchs ohne je geliebt zu werden in diversen Pflegefamilien auf. Die Verg
Samien
Jan 07, 2014 Samien rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc, 2014
Lots of stuff going on in this one! Blog tour with full review to come.
Sandra
Bueeeeeeeeee...

He de decir que los dos libros de Callie y Kayden me encantaron, ¡¿PERO ESTO?! No, gracias.

El primer problema con el que me topo es que no he conectado ni una sola vez ni con Luke ni con Violet. Además de que me he llevado una decepción enorme con Luke: creía que era diferente, no un borracho (no tiene otra palabra para describirlo: se levanta y antes de desayunar ya está con la botella de tequila o lo que sea en la mano. Y siempre dice o piensa cosas como "Necesito un trago para
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Jessica Sorensen is an author plenty of people talked about last year. She has tousands upon thousands of ratings and reviews on Goodreads and Amazon and she is one of the leading ladies of New Adult fiction. Since I truly enjoyed reading about Lila and Ethan (my review can be found here; I wanted to link it to prove that I did, in fact, enjoy it thoroughly), I decided to give Violet and Luke a try as well.

Nika ♥ I'm In Love ♥
I really wanted to love this book as at the end of Callie and Kayden I cried during both books. I loved Luke in Callie and Kayden's book and while I knew his mom had issues I was hoping they wouldn't be as bad and for Violet I was really hoping she was just a slut roommate. I know that may sound bad but I really didn't want nothing overly impossible to happen to these two.

I really felt like this book was a little long winded and could have been summed up all in a book 1. There were times where
Dianne
Two brutally damaged young people, unable to form a true relationship, to feel for and share themselves with another person, one event that brings them together, but can they form an unbreakable bond as one ugly coincidence threatens to shred their tenuous hold on each other? The Destiny of Violet and Luke by Jessica Sorensen, will take you over the edge, mentally and emotionally in this latest addition to Ms. Sorensen’s The Coincidence series.

Luke’s childhood was filled with the horrors of bein
interesting. 5 116 Feb 08, 2014 07:20PM
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Frayed (Connections, #4)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Wasted Heart (Ruining, #3)
  • A Song for Us (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Lucky Me
  • Song of the Fireflies
  • Cloud Walking (Find You in the Dark, #1.5)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

More about Jessica Sorensen...

The Coincidence (7 books)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4)
  • The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #5)
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #7)
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2) The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2) The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1)

“It's all about her. Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats firecely inside my chest, is all because of her. Violet owns me.” 15 likes
“Even though the odds are in my favor, doesn’t mean they’ll end up that way. First rule of cards. And of life.” 9 likes