The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)

The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  5,945 ratings  ·  666 reviews
Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. For Luke, meaningless relationships are a distraction-a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He desperately wishes he could forget his past, but it haunts him no matter what he does.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life. When she was young, she was left with no family and...more
Published January 7th 2014 by Forever (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Destiny of Violet & Luke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Destiny of Violet & Luke

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
27th out of 1,451 books — 6,902 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
2013 New Adult Releases
30th out of 1,153 books — 2,973 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Sorensen
Dec 04, 2013 Jessica Sorensen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favs
Comes out ebook Jan. 7th :)
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Luke's NOT GAY! :( :( *ugly sobs*

We get a release date and blurb! :D AND a chick's name :\ Gah.

Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. He uses meaningless relationships as a distraction and a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He secretly wishes that one day he could find that one perfect person, but deep down he doesn't believe that perfection really exists.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life, surrounded by drugs, neglect, and
Christy
4 ‘It can’t end like this’ stars!

photo ac0ed0a7-12ad-49d8-a63b-13aedf7fe803_zps9fafb6ed.jpg

There are a few things you can be fairly certain of when you read a book by Jessica Sorensen. There will be broken or damaged characters, the writing will be amazing, and there is a pretty good chance there will be a brutal cliffhanger. All three of those things happen to be true about The Destiny of Violet & Luke.

Luke is best friends with Kayden Owens. From previous books, we know that Luke’s mom has issues, his sister killed herself at sixteen, and Luke co...more
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 emotionally draining stars!

What I expect whenever I read a Jessica Sorensen book:

1. Intensity
2. Imperfectly perfect characters
3. Twists I never see coming
4. Cliffhangers

This book took depressing to a whole new level. I think this is the first time I've read a NA book with both characters having SO MUCH baggage. There's no doubt that Jessica Sorensen can write a great book, but be prepared to have your happy mood crushed. There aren't any butterflies and unicorns here.

Both Violet and Luke suff...more
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

description

Violet and Luke get the most miserable couple award!

This was one of the most depressing books I have read. Not because of their circumstances but because of their draining dual pov. Usually a book will have one positive person or funny or something. Luke is an alcoholic/man whore and Violet is an adrenaline junkie/drug dealer both struggling with events from their past.

Slowly these two become closer, breaking down each other’s walls but honestly the happy was about 5% of the story.

Vio...more
♥~♥Geri is Mrs. Charlie Hunnam ♥~♥
4 depressing stars!

This book took a lot out of me. This is one of the most depressing book I've come across considering that both main characters are barely 20 years old and they're already carrying loads of baggage.

Luke and Violet both suffered very traumatic events in their childhood that rendered them incapable of forming healthy relationships. They met and despite their reservations, became friends and then lovers, for lack of a better world. Their relationship wasn't an easy nor a conventi...more
Brandi
"Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats fiercely in my chest, is all because of her."
description

Violet and Luke both have traumatic pasts. Using alcohol, sex, adrenaline and violence, to cope with the nightmares they endure. Keeping everyone at a distance, never letting anyone too close. Violet and Luke meet and although they fight it, start to care about one another. But the secrets they are running from are not far behind. Will they be able to survive the truth?

And what Jessica Sorensen no...more
Kelli C
omg...no way in hell is that the end! what a complete Bomb drop..explosion then nothing! I really am speechless...I can't even come up with a good review because there it isn't over...one of thebiggest damn cliffhangers ever!

This is a strange yet intimate dance with Violet and Luke. Both are broken and barely hanging on to what little possessions they have. They have frequent run-ins in which there is flirty banter, almost intimate moments, and friendly actions, each bringing them closer to one...more
Annie Brewer
Please be Luke's book! I love him.....almost as much as I love Kayden and that's A LOT!!! I want him to be happy, he deserves it!!! Please, please, please Mrs. Sorensen! :)

YES! YES! YES! YESSSSSSSS! It's Luke's book! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! I love Luke! Can't wait! CAN'T. WAIT.!!!!!!
Katherine
Dec 17, 2012 Katherine marked it as to-read
PLEASE LET THIS BE LUKE'S BOOK!!!!!!!
Claudine
100 MOST FCKED UP PASTS COUPLE STARS

Ms. Jessica Sorensen is famous for writing novels with characters with horrible pasts but turning into great people.

photo Genius_gif_zps26a6d3f7.gif

Ms. Jessica never disappoints.

I guess it is right to write something like The Destiny of Violet and Luke. I find it really raw and realistic. While reading this, it's like I'm on the actual scene and I'm with them witnessing everything.

photo tumblr_m3pg9du5d11qldudx_zps8e442c19.gif

I'd been waiting for this book since I read Callie and Kayden's series and started wondering what is Luke's s...more
Erica
This was reaaaaallllyyyy sllloooowwww.

It's a typical book for this Coincidence series. I liked the first one, sorta liked the second one, but this one was a total bomb for me. They are all super depressing and the characters are all outrageously damaged. The storyline for this one just seemed a little wacky to me (view spoiler)

It ends with a cliffhanger. I don't like the direction it's going in, so I don't plan to read anymore in this series.
Kaitlin
I hate to say this since I haven't read the second book about Kayden and Callie yet but I rather read more about Violet and Luke more than Callie and Kayden
Heather

Both Violet and Luke have more baggage than Louis Vuitton.

Violet has been shipped from foster home to foster home never finding a solid place to land. Luke has struggled to deal with his drug addicted mother who suffers from paranoia.

They both have decided that relationships are not in the cards for them. Letting people get close can only lead to getting hurt.

Both feel incredibly broken in their own way.

When they find each other, Luke discovers that he is curious about a girl for the first time...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jessica Sorensen is one of the best authors I have discovered this year. Each one of her books has had me feeling so many different emotions, from happiness, to angst, to hatred and to shock. One thing that you are guaranteed when you pick up a Jessica Sorensen book is a whirlwind of emotion. You cannot read one of her books and feel stoic about it. Sorensen pulls emotions from her readers and that takes a lot of talent, I think, in a writer.

Luke Price has always been a little misunderstood. Af...more
*P
4.5 ARE YOU KIDDING ME Stars

Yes, I am a fan of Sorensen because I feel she brings to life some of the most wonderfully broken characters whose stories affect me deeply. But seriously I should know better by now. It never fails that I am wanting to chuck my Ipad across the room when I hit the cliffhanger ending. Perhaps since I just finished reading The Ever After of Ella and Micha and since I thought of this as a shoot off like Lila and Ethan's book, I didn't expect the gut wrenching feelings I...more
Carol [Goodreads addict]
The Destiny of Violet & Luke is book three in The Coincidence series by Jessica Sorensen. No one can write dark and damaged better than Jessica Sorensen and she hasn’t let us down in this book.

Violet is Callie’s roommate at college from the first two books. Violet’s parents were violently murdered the night before her sixth birthday. The murders were never solved. Violet was shuffled from one foster family to another and she taught herself to never get attached, to never let anyone in. And...more
Mimi Valentine
Nooooooooooooooo!!! What kind of ending was that?????

This is DEFINITELY, without a doubt, one of Jessica Sorensen's best! I wasn't the biggest fan of Callie & Kayden's story (at least not as much as Ella and Micha), and I wasn't even sure if I was going to read this one because Violet wasn't my favourite character before -- but she proved me wrong. And Luke? I love him so much. They are both two royally screwed up people with awful pasts and a very small chance of a HEA, but I love them anyw...more
Liz
Questo libro è un nodo allo stomaco dalla prima all'ultima pagina. Un nodo che qualche volta sembra sul punto di sciogliersi ma mai interamente. E che ritorna ad essere più stretto che mai nelle ultime pagine.
Non so come riesca la Sorensen a raccontare storie così disperate e a renderle così coinvolgenti. Nè come faccia a creare personaggi maschili uno più tenero dell'altro.
Kayden è stato per un anno il mio preferito ma ora questo titolo lo merita Luke: il dolce, passionale, tormentato e autole...more
Maggie
Ohh.... Poor Luke and Violet. It's just so sad. Luke's story was definitely not what I was expecting but it was fantastic! And I definitely didn't see Violet that way. But she is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover (no pun intended). I just can't wait to read where their story goes next.
Lu (previously: Eη)
OH. MY. FUCKI- WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING?? There is no way I can wait til September for the fourth book without dying.
Ari
Jun 19, 2013 Ari marked it as to-read
i was secretly hope that Luke will end up with Seth...*sobs quietly in the corner*
whaiiii...whaiiii
Samien
Jan 07, 2014 Samien rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc, 2014
Lots of stuff going on in this one! Blog tour with full review to come.
Siiri
Jessica Sorensen is an author plenty of people talked about last year. She has tousands upon thousands of ratings and reviews on Goodreads and Amazon and she is one of the leading ladies of New Adult fiction. Since I truly enjoyed reading about Lila and Ethan (my review can be found here; I wanted to link it to prove that I did, in fact, enjoy it thoroughly), I decided to give Violet and Luke a try as well.

Michelle
4 broken stars.

There are a few things that I have come to love about Jessica Sorensen’s writing. Her ability to create broken characters that not only capture your heart, but can break it just as easily. The way she gives you pure imperfection, there may be hope for a happily ever after, for the lost being found, but these characters are not without flaws. We’ve met Luke & Violet during Callie & Kayden’s journey. We’ve just never gotten to know them before, until now.

Luke has wanted one...more
Nika *YA Guru*
I really wanted to love this book as at the end of Callie and Kayden I cried during both books. I loved Luke in Callie and Kayden's book and while I knew his mom had issues I was hoping they wouldn't be as bad and for Violet I was really hoping she was just a slut roommate. I know that may sound bad but I really didn't want nothing overly impossible to happen to these two.

I really felt like this book was a little long winded and could have been summed up all in a book 1. There were times where...more
Dianne
Two brutally damaged young people, unable to form a true relationship, to feel for and share themselves with another person, one event that brings them together, but can they form an unbreakable bond as one ugly coincidence threatens to shred their tenuous hold on each other? The Destiny of Violet and Luke by Jessica Sorensen, will take you over the edge, mentally and emotionally in this latest addition to Ms. Sorensen’s The Coincidence series.

Luke’s childhood was filled with the horrors of bein...more
Rachel
Jan 28, 2014 Rachel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
I am a little bit conflicted over this book.

First off, (I'm going to get my complaints out of the way) this book didn't bring anything new to the table. How many YA/NA books are about a damaged pair of high school/Uni students who find each other?

Secondly, I actually don't have a problem with books containing drug and alcohol abuse, as long as it's made clear that it's a bad thing. I'm not implying that this book was shouting, "Hey kids! Alcohol's great! Let's all go get high! Woo!" I'm saying t...more
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
Damn I want to read this.. but I know it has a cliffhanger and well..

So I guess I'll be waiting till "May" when book four is expected to me out!
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
Got this, wanna read it so bad .... sooooo many books not enough of me's to read them all at once ....
interesting. 5 108 Feb 08, 2014 11:20AM
  • One More Chance (Chance, #2)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Perfected (Connections, #6)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Sharing You (Sharing You, #1)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Blinded (This, #6)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Fury (The Seven Deadly, #3)
  • Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend Quartet, #3)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

More about Jessica Sorensen...
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2) The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2) The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1)

“It's all about her. Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats firecely inside my chest, is all because of her. Violet owns me.” 10 likes
“I don’t like saying my real last name because then I remember that I’m the only living person left carrying it.” 5 likes