Start by marking “Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2

Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2 (Grimm Fairy Tales #2)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  566 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Zenescope's "Grimm Fairy Tales "has quickly become one of the most intriguing and best selling comic books in the world. By exploring a much darker side of the infamous fables you heard as a child these classic tales are retold and re-imagined with a terrifying twist you'll simply love as an adult! From Snow White to Goldilocks, from Jack and the beanstalk to the Pied Pipe ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Zenescope Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2

Tattered Heart by Annie JacksonEnchanted Storms by Annie JacksonCinder by Marissa MeyerThe Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Fae,fairy tales and myths
104th out of 108 books — 50 voters
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1 by Ralph TedescoGrimm Fairy Tales by Raven GregoryTales From Wonderland, Volume 1 by Raven GregoryGrimm Fairy Tales Presents by Joe BrushaGrimm Fairy Tales by Ralph Tedesco
Grimm Fairy Tales Comics
10th out of 66 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

K
Jul 07, 2015 K rated it it was ok
hmmm okej, neke stvari su malo jasnije. Doduse zagrebali su samo povrsinu price "glavne junakinje" Sele Meters, ko je, sta radi itd. Koncept prica je isti kao u prvoj knjizi. Zelim da saznam The Big story iza svega ovoga. Mora da ga ima. u Medjuvremenu citam dalje iz dva razloga: 1. tera me da nastavim jer ocekujem da saznam tu veliku pozadinsku pricu i 2. jer mi je mozak na ispasi, ne moram preterano da se udubljujem...
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it liked it
I purchased this book after having read & loved the first volume of GFT. The overall theme of the book (lessons learned) is pretty much the same as the previous volume, and the creators haven't deviated from the old standards of "lessons & hooters". Oh yes, let's not forget that for every lesson learned there's a damsel in distress in a skimpy dress. However the fanservice is never over the top, so it's not going to alienate any of the readers who aren't into that sort of thing.

The stor
Susan ...so many books and so little time
I totally love it...when you walk into a coffee shop...and look at what people are reading...and see some reading this book...I have always loved fairy tales...and yes...even if the women drawn have big breasts...the stories and illustrations are amazing!!! I am going to read each volume!!!
Gabriel Fequiere
Jun 01, 2012 Gabriel Fequiere rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I have to say that I really and truly enjoy Zenescope's series Grimm Fairy Tales and and all the various spinoffs (Neverland, Piper, etc). Unless something major happens I will continue to follow this series. My one and only gripe with it is the unnecessary and gratuitous sexuality and objectification of women within the pages. It truly has no place within the story. Now I am by no means a prude but they don't even try to give it purpose. They are no better than the creators over at the bigger p ...more
Dimitris
Oct 11, 2015 Dimitris rated it liked it
Ah.. I still don't like the artwork, but the stories are fun to read. Off to the next one!
Sarah Crawford
Feb 23, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Again, these are fairy tales surrounding a modern-day situation which is related to that fairy tale.

The first story is Snow White. A woman is poisoning another woman from the cheerleader squad. The woman with the fairy tale book shows up. In this version of the tale Snow White is left to die in the cold and the seven dwarves find her. Later her step-mother gives her the poisoned apple, as the common story goes, but what the dwarves do after that is not common at all.

The second story is Jack an
David
My opinion is that is that this volume is inferior to the first. It was more of the same, yet less satisfying, in more ways than one.

First, the stories themselves. Great pick of classic stories but poor execution. Of them all, only Jack and the Beanstalk and Bluebeard proved on par with the first volume. Snow White and Goldilocks and are very dissimilar tales but they were ended with the same twist, with regards to how the final end came - effects carried over from the fairy tale to the real wor
Nicole
Jun 27, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read in a book about creating comics that the second issue normally contains more blemishes than the first. This is because the publisher had all the time in the world to work on their very first issue, then they suddenly realize the crazy deadlines that come with comics and flounder a bit on the second run. Pretty sure that’s exactly what happened here.
Volume Two continues Selma’s education of young people through “original” and darker versions of fairy tales. Like its predecessor, it also en
Russell Wilcox
Apr 14, 2016 Russell Wilcox rated it really liked it
So much fun. Never really been into horror comics before, but the Grimm Fairy Tales have been a fun read. While the artwork is a little too risque for me in places, it doesn't make the book. The stories make the book. My favorites where Bluebeard and Snow White, but the Pied Piper was also a good read. The final story about Sela Mathers (she who is entrusted with the book of Grimm Fairy Tales) has me interested in the direction of where the next volume will go.
Vikas Khair
Mar 08, 2014 Vikas Khair rated it liked it
Volume 2 of Grimm Fairy Tales is more of the same formula, where in we have few stories mixing modern world with the fairy tale and then a last chapter running a different story. for first chapter drawing was really bad in this volume. There were again 5 fairy tales.
Melissa
Oct 11, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I like the direction this comic series is taking. The stories in Vol. 2 are a lot grittier. I also like the learning more and more about the mysterious woman that keeps showing up at the moment a big decision needs to be made. I will keep reading this series.
anita
Jun 07, 2015 anita rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: comic lovers, lovers of dark retellings of fairy tells
This comic has beautiful artwork and great stories. this series is about a woman with a unique book of fairy tales that she uses to try to lead people into making the right decisions. Sometimes it works and the person changes and nothing bad happens but most of the time they either brush the lesson off and pay a gruesome price or the lesson is too late and the price is gruesome. All of the stories in her book are dark and violent tellings of stories we all grew up with. I look forward to getting ...more
Marina Anik
Oct 01, 2014 Marina Anik rated it really liked it
The Snow White story was horribly written, but the rest was pretty cool. It's just good entertainment.
I liked Jack and the Beanstalk and Bluebeard.
Kristina
rating: 3.5
Lori
Aug 23, 2012 Lori rated it liked it
This volume links traditional Grimms' fairy tales with modern-day counterparts. At the end of the collection the narrative shifts focus to the ageless woman in charge of trying to warm modern humanity from their various follies. The artwork borders on the tawdry side of cheesecake, but the stories are interesting enough in their own right to make up for it.
Ana
Dec 07, 2010 Ana rated it really liked it
Podem ler a opinião completa aqui: http://florestadelivros.blogspot.com/...

A lot more interesting than the first volume, both in the story department, as in the drawing, with greater illustrators and more diverse styles.
Definetly an improvement.
Jimmy Corvan
May 30, 2011 Jimmy Corvan rated it really liked it
A really big step up from the first installment of the series. I can see why the first comic would be necessary to set pacing and develop Sela a bit, but this is where things start moving forward. Definitely felt darker than the first, but still was quite good.
Aaliyah
Nov 01, 2014 Aaliyah rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I have to get book four now
Chuckie Palmer-Patel
Jun 10, 2012 Chuckie Palmer-Patel rated it really liked it
Gruesome and delicious. Don't expect a happy ending in any of these tales.

The stories include clever adaptations of fairy tales for the modern world, and brings you back to the heart of folk and fairy tales: to teach you a lesson.
Samra
Sep 14, 2014 Samra rated it really liked it
The piper story was a great twist. gotta love this series
Matti Karjalainen
Ei toimi tämä Zenoscopen kustantama sarja sitten ollenkaan, vaikka idea onkin mitä mainioin. Surkea kuvitus tekee hallaa niille muutamille tarinoille, joissa on oikeasti jotakin ideaa.
Stephanie (BlackCanary)
Seemed a lot darker than the first volume, but I really liked it. Enjoyed the Bluebeard story and the Jack and the Beanstalk.

I'm really getting into the series. Now onto volume 3!
Yongyoon
12 pied piper 7.5/10
6/10 (fair)
Benni
Oct 11, 2010 Benni rated it really liked it
I'm hooked on this series. Recommended for those who love fairy tales with a twist. Later on in the series the authors develop a mythology arc.
Thomas
Nov 07, 2011 Thomas rated it did not like it
Yea, this volume is no better than the first. I didn't like the art or the writing. Both seemed overly simple.
Patrick
Sep 03, 2011 Patrick rated it liked it
Who would think that a re-writing of the old fairy tales cold be so much fun!?!?!?
David Caldwell
Jun 02, 2011 David Caldwell rated it really liked it
Updating fairy tales with a grimmer touch than has been used recently. Nice artwork.
Diedre Poellnitz
Aug 30, 2011 Diedre Poellnitz rated it really liked it
I loved the spin they put on classics.... The Graphics are cool too..
Nicole Shelby
Jan 06, 2015 Nicole Shelby rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Read in February 2012.
Read in December 2014.
Bob
Sep 10, 2013 Bob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another good take on some classic tales.
  • Grimm Fairy Tales:  Return to Wonderland
  • Grimm Fairy Tales, Vol. 10
  • Robyn Hood, Volume One
  • 1001 Arabian Nights: The Adventures of Sinbad: Eyes Of Fire Vol# 1
  • Fairy Quest: Outlaws (Fairy Quest, #1)
  • Taller Tales
  • Rogue, Volume 1: Going Rogue
  • Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!
  • The God Machine
  • Beautiful Beasts (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #2)
  • House of Mystery, Vol. 3: The Space Between

Grimm Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1