Start by marking “Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2

Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2 (Grimm Fairy Tales #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  383 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales has quickly become one of the most intriguing and best selling comic books in the world. By exploring a much darker side of the infamous fables you heard as a child these classic tales are retold and re-imagined with a terrifying twist you'll simply love as an adult! From Snow White to Goldilocks, from Jack and the beanstalk to the Pied Piper...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Zenescope Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2

Chibineko
I purchased this book after having read & loved the first volume of GFT. The overall theme of the book (lessons learned) is pretty much the same as the previous volume, and the creators haven't deviated from the old standards of "lessons & hooters". Oh yes, let's not forget that for every lesson learned there's a damsel in distress in a skimpy dress. However the fanservice is never over the top, so it's not going to alienate any of the readers who aren't into that sort of thing.

The stor...more
Susan ...so many books and so little time
I totally love it...when you walk into a coffee shop...and look at what people are reading...and see some reading this book...I have always loved fairy tales...and yes...even if the women drawn have big breasts...the stories and illustrations are amazing!!! I am going to read each volume!!!
David
My opinion is that is that this volume is inferior to the first. It was more of the same, yet less satisfying, in more ways than one.

First, the stories themselves. Great pick of classic stories but poor execution. Of them all, only Jack and the Beanstalk and Bluebeard proved on par with the first volume. Snow White and Goldilocks and are very dissimilar tales but they were ended with the same twist, with regards to how the final end came - effects carried over from the fairy tale to the real wor...more
Nicole
I read in a book about creating comics that the second issue normally contains more blemishes than the first. This is because the publisher had all the time in the world to work on their very first issue, then they suddenly realize the crazy deadlines that come with comics and flounder a bit on the second run. Pretty sure that’s exactly what happened here.
Volume Two continues Selma’s education of young people through “original” and darker versions of fairy tales. Like its predecessor, it also en...more
Gabriel Fequiere
I have to say that I really and truly enjoy Zenescope's series Grimm Fairy Tales and and all the various spinoffs (Neverland, Piper, etc). Unless something major happens I will continue to follow this series. My one and only gripe with it is the unnecessary and gratuitous sexuality and objectification of women within the pages. It truly has no place within the story. Now I am by no means a prude but they don't even try to give it purpose. They are no better than the creators over at the bigger p...more
Vikas Khair
Volume 2 of Grimm Fairy Tales is more of the same formula, where in we have few stories mixing modern world with the fairy tale and then a last chapter running a different story. for first chapter drawing was really bad in this volume. There were again 5 fairy tales.
Marina Anik
The Snow White story was horribly written, but the rest was pretty cool. It's just good entertainment.
I liked Jack and the Beanstalk and Bluebeard.
Lori
This volume links traditional Grimms' fairy tales with modern-day counterparts. At the end of the collection the narrative shifts focus to the ageless woman in charge of trying to warm modern humanity from their various follies. The artwork borders on the tawdry side of cheesecake, but the stories are interesting enough in their own right to make up for it.
Ana
Podem ler a opinião completa aqui: http://florestadelivros.blogspot.com/...

A lot more interesting than the first volume, both in the story department, as in the drawing, with greater illustrators and more diverse styles.
Definetly an improvement.
Jimmy Corvan
A really big step up from the first installment of the series. I can see why the first comic would be necessary to set pacing and develop Sela a bit, but this is where things start moving forward. Definitely felt darker than the first, but still was quite good.
Chuckie
Gruesome and delicious. Don't expect a happy ending in any of these tales.

The stories include clever adaptations of fairy tales for the modern world, and brings you back to the heart of folk and fairy tales: to teach you a lesson.
Samra
The piper story was a great twist. gotta love this series
Matti Karjalainen
Ei toimi tämä Zenoscopen kustantama sarja sitten ollenkaan, vaikka idea onkin mitä mainioin. Surkea kuvitus tekee hallaa niille muutamille tarinoille, joissa on oikeasti jotakin ideaa.
Stephanie (BlackCanary)
Seemed a lot darker than the first volume, but I really liked it. Enjoyed the Bluebeard story and the Jack and the Beanstalk.

I'm really getting into the series. Now onto volume 3!
Yongyoon
11 bluebeard - 7/10
12 pied piper 7.5/10
6/10 (fair)
Benni
I'm hooked on this series. Recommended for those who love fairy tales with a twist. Later on in the series the authors develop a mythology arc.
Thomas
Yea, this volume is no better than the first. I didn't like the art or the writing. Both seemed overly simple.
Patrick
Who would think that a re-writing of the old fairy tales cold be so much fun!?!?!?
David Caldwell
Updating fairy tales with a grimmer touch than has been used recently. Nice artwork.
Diedre Poellnitz
I loved the spin they put on classics.... The Graphics are cool too..
Bob
Another good take on some classic tales.
Ettegoom
Definitely not as good as Vol. 1
Kate Mowery
Trashy, but it's a fairy tale comic
Zoe
A great take on classics.
  • Grimm Fairy Tales:  Return to Wonderland
  • Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!
  • House of Mystery, Vol. 3: The Space Between
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Who is Wonder Woman?
  • Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Vol. 2
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Challenge of the Gods
  • Beginning's End (Supernatural Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 7: Contagion
  • Wonder Woman: Land of the Dead
  • Hatter M: Volume Two - Mad With Wonder
  • Beautiful Beasts (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Taller Tales
  • Fairest, Vol. 2: The Hidden Kingdom
  • Anita BlakeVampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures Handbook
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1 Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 3 Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5 Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 4 (Zenescope) Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6