Start by marking “Bet You'll Marry Me” as Want to Read:
Preview

Bet You'll Marry Me

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  23 reviews
First published as a short story in Debbie Macomber's Family Affair

In Darlene Panzera's debut full-length romance, an entire town places a bet on just whom pretty Jenny O'Brien will marry . . . and her choice surprises them all!

Marry her and win

Published January 8th 2013 by Avon Impulse (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bet You'll Marry Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bet You'll Marry Me

Darlene Panzera
Feb 20, 2013 Darlene Panzera rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
When stubborn rancher Jenny O'Brien rejects his buy-out proposals, CEO Nick Chandler comes up with a different way to get his hands on her land. He disguises himself as a ranch hand and bets $10,000. he can get her to marry him within 5 weeks.
Sweet, Fun-loving Romance!
Samantha
Absolutely loved it! Especially the fun banter between the characters!
Tarina

Marry Her and Win

When tall, handsome out-of-towner Nick Chandler first sets eyes on Jenny O'Brien, she's storming into the Bets & Burgers Café, wielding a broom and threatening the safety of every man in sight. Hey, he figures, she's got the right to be annoyed—the whole town seems to be laying bets on whom Jenny will marry.

Nick's an
Laurie Tate
A new book by a new author: Darlene Panzera. This is a wonderful, romantic book that I read this weekend. The storyline is fresh, and well researched. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would definitely recommend this book.
Diana
Reading the first few pages of this book made me think I had missed a previous book in the series. It started off, with no introduction of the characters or their backgrounds, past the middle of the action. This whole town is taking bets on who Jenny will marry. Yes, the whole town has come together to place money on whom one woman will marry.

The townspeople in this book seem only to care about themselves and betting. And I mean this literally. From what I read, the majority of townspeople (mos
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Overall I liked Bet You’ll Marry Me. It is a decent love story about a cowgirl trying to save her family’s ranch and a guy who wants to marry her to get his hands that ranch. Unfortunately there were a few things that annoyed me about the book.

I felt like I started reading this story right in the middle. There was no build up to the plot, no getting to know the characters at all before disaster had struck. And while the plot was interesting, I kind of felt the whole ‘betting’ thing was run into
Miscjoy
Well. Shoot. This just did not work for me. I thought the blurb had a bit of a fun element to it and I had read a short snippet of the broomstick-and-barroom scene prior to deciding to review this book and thought it had the potential to be humorous. But the story sorta took a different course than I was expecting and I found myself annoyed instead.

The local barkeep puts out a bet on who Jenny will marry because everyone is aware of her dire financial situation. It has become common knowledge th
Arlene Grandjean selingo
This book caught me after the first chapter. I could not wait to get to the next page. First novel by Darlene Panzera who is originally from New Jersey. A shorter version titled "The Bet" was included in Debbie Macomber's book titled "Family Affair" last year. Darlene Panzera then submitted the complete book under the new title of Bet You'll Marry Me. Looking forward to her next book.
Dawn Luedecke
This book is an awesome read! I love the dynamic between Nick and Jenny. I started reading the book thinking I would just read for a bit, but that didn’t happen. I couldn’t put it down! I read the short story previously when it was published in Debbie Macomber’s book, and am so glad Avon published this in full length! Can’t wait to read more from Ms. Panzera!!!
Dawn Luedecke
Ali Mosa
The story is fun, sweet and a fast read. Jenny is a determinded, hard working woman trying to save her ranch. Nick is an east coast "city slicker," who is full of surprises, as Jenny finds out.

The support characters are likeable as are the hero and heroine. It's an upbeat story perfect for a rainy afternoon.
Tiffany
Darlene Panzera's "Bet You'll Marry Me" is a fast-paced novel about the lengths people will go to protect their families and the craziness that ensues when folks of one town place wagers on the outcomes of one woman's wedding - a wedding she knows nothing about. It isn't easy to walk away from the chaos because the financial future of her families ranch is hanging in the balance. Five weeks isn't much time to fall in love...or is it?

I found the characters endearing, the setting imaginative, and
Kim T.
I loved this book! Jenny had spunk and Nick was likable. Very nice.
Karen
I'm gonna be brief in order to avoid ranting.

I enjoyed the story, although the betting - especially the Travis stuff - was abhorrent.

Here's my issue. Lying about having epilepsy... wow. I have a seizure disorder and that is NOT COOL. Also, it's HAVING EPILEPSY. Saying someone is 'epileptic' is like saying someone with cancer is 'cancerous'.

Otherwise, this would've been a decent book. My rating is really 2.5 stars. I enjoyed the ranching / rodeo aspect, and the characters were okay. I'm torn a
Leaha
I liked the story line of this book and found myself unable to put it down once I got into it. I didn't feel it snapped up my attention right away, but as the story developed I couldn't wait to see what happened next. My only issue is that I felt there should have been more character development regarding Nick and Jenny's feelings toward each other. If that would have been stronger I would have felt more emotion for the characters I think.
Jeri Lynne
This was such a fun and enjoyable book to read. The characters are realistic and if you like a ranch setting you should enjoy it. I highly recommend it!
Swtbaby285
I thought this was a cute book. I'm of course a little jilted by the quick timeline as I find it hard to believe to fall in love and marry someone after 5 weeks, but I really thought it was a sweet story. I gave this book three stars because as mentioned above, the timeline was a bit fast for me to feel it was believable. Also, because will I liked Nick most of the time, sometimes he came off as a bit ingenuous. I'm not sure if this was the writing style, but it made it even harder to believe th ...more
Lizabeth
I won this book on Goodreads. This is the first book I have read by Darlene Panzera. Although, I felt it was a great storyline there was a lot that could have been improved within the story. There was so much that could have come from this story. The relationship between Jenny and Nick I found unlikely with the way it was written, but I did enjoy the story. I just felt there could have been so much more done with it.
Leslie G.
A lovely story. I really enjoyed it.
Ann  Lorz
I'm not sure how I feel about this book. Part of me likes it while the other half isn't sure. I think it was way to busy in the plot and didn't spend enough time with the hero and heroine. I didn't dislike it enough not to try her again. It was just that from time to time I had problems.
Sherry Beeler
this is a really sweet read finished it in 1 night just couldn't put it down
Sophie
What happens when you place a bet on a girl saying that you'll be the one to marry her? Read and find out. Funny, simple story.
Jill

ARC courtesy of Avon (Impulse) via Edelweiss
Loisa
Loisa added it
Apr 11, 2015
Monica Mason
Monica Mason marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Martina
Martina marked it as to-read
Aria
Aria marked it as to-read
Cynthia Arispe
Cynthia Arispe marked it as to-read
Lalaynya
Lalaynya marked it as to-read
  • Paging the Dead
  • Live and Let Love (Agent Ex, #3)
  • A Modern Day Persuasion: An Adaptation of Jane Austen's Novel
  • The Mail-Order Bride
  • A Christmas for Katie: A Christmas Families of Honor Novella (Families of Honor #3.5)
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Christine
  • Buckles Me Baby (The Bootscootin' Books #3)
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • Honeymoon Husband
  • A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1)
  • Her Cowboy Dilemma
  • The Doubting Heart (Heart's Desire Book 2)
  • Black Creek Burning (Black Creek, #1)
  • Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)
  • When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1)
  • Make it Last (Bowler University, #3)
  • Broken Road
  • No Exchanges, No Returns (Return to Redemption, #4)
Darlene Panzera writes sweet, fun-loving romance and is the winner of the "Make Your Dreams Come True Contest" sponsored by Avon Books, which led her novella, THE BET, to be published with Debbie Macomber's FAMILY AFFAIR. The full length novel, re-titled, BET YOU'LL MARRY ME, released December 2012 and her upcoming series, THE CUPCAKE DIARIES, releases May 2013 with subtitles: Sweet on You, Recipe ...more
More about Darlene Panzera...
Sweet On You (The Cupcake Diaries, #1) Recipe for Love (The Cupcake Diaries, #2) Taste of Romance (The Cupcake Diaries, #3) The Cupcake Diaries: Spoonful of Christmas Me and Mr. Claus