Start by marking “Show and Tell” as Want to Read:
Show and Tell

Show and Tell

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  19 reviews
One of the few joys in Dan's life is the TV show Junk Shop, a reality show about antiques hosted by the handsome and charismatic Malcolm Tell. Then an old music box turns up, and Dan's sister encourages him to try to get on the show and meet the object of his affection. He does, and his life changes completely.

When Dan and Malcolm first meet, they have a sudden vision of a
ebook
Published January 8th 2013 by Loose Id LLC (first published January 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Show and Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Show and Tell

MandyM
3.5 stars. I feel guilty not clicking on the four star rating for this book but the past-lives plot is not one that really excites me and I use the 4 and 5 stars to highlight books I want to reread.

The theme actually reminds me a lot of one of the author's previous books Across the East River Bridge. It's been ages since I read the latter but I think the supernatural plot elements were much tighter and more interesting to read in this book Show and Tell. I was really impressed that the flashbac
Lauraadriana
This book was just a "like" for me. The past lives premise was really interesting, it reminded me of Quantum Leap which I loved growing up. But overall I felt that it should have either been twice as long as it was or half the size and a lot less complex, I just felt that as much as the book was adventurous with all the jumping around to different lives there was not enough time to get to know Malcolm and Dan who were our main guys...I shall explain.

Dan is sort of an unhappy guy, he's in school
Dumbledore11214
Do not get me wrong, it was a good book and if it is your first book by this writer, it can make you very happy. If however you are like me and have read almost everything she published, you may feel like me and wonder why did I already meet Dan and Malcolm in her other books? I am not saying that she wrote carboon copies of the characters she wrote before, of course not, at the same time they feel too similar to some of her other characters, more than I would have liked and more than I could ha ...more
Pjm12
I don't read a lot of paranormal romance, but this had enough contemporary (setting & flavour) to keep me happy.

I found the idea of past lives intriguing and well plotted. I liked that Dan was slow to believe while Malcolm was convinced quite early. This pretty much reflects their personalities - Dan steady and logical; Mal passionate and intense.

I liked delving into all the historical lives, they were all so different yet obviously followed familiar patterns. But when it came to Dan and Ma
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader as part of Kate McMurray Week!

Okay…. I've just got to say this: What the hell is wrong with everyone? I had tempered my excitement for this book after it came out because so many people have written very luke warm reviews. I didn't expect it to be bad, but what I found was a really fun, un-put-downable read. I mean, it's not perfect and I'll talk about that in a bit, but for the most part this book was highly enjoyable for me. So yeah, ya'lls on crack is all
Feliz

This story started a little slow and over the top at once; I almost stopped reading after the first meeting scene since to me, this scene read like the opening to a trite, overused trope I’d come across a thousand times already.

I’m glad I continued reading, though, since aside from the beginning, this story was a delight to read.

I loved following follow Mal and Dan through the centuries, through their various genders and names and fates. The historical settings and events were vividly painted i
Tina_K
I'm giving the book a 2.5, rounded up to 3 stars because it was very well written. I enjoyed both MCs and their interactions. However I was just not a fan of the trope used in this story. It was reincarnated fated lovers. I like people who are lovers by choice, not by design. While the author tried to give us conflict in the relationship, in light of being fated lovers it seemed a little pointless.

So I did like the characters and the author's voice. I will be looking for more of her work n
Karen
Well that was a slippery slide down the rabbit hole and yes parts of this story was a little like a trip to Wonderland. Throughout this story the author popped us back and forth along the timeline, it really couldn't have been done any other way, but it was done with clarity and I never found myself having to flip back a couple of pages and figure out what was going or wondering what I'd missed, it worked and it worked well for me.

I loved Malcolm and Dan they were adorable together and the rela
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Dan is a shy, quiet man living with his sister while working in his doctorate degree. His one real enjoyment is watching the reality show Junk Shop and while he tells his sister that he is mainly interested in the historical objects, he is hot for the show's star Malcolm Tell. Dan finally gets up the nerve to go on the show with an old music box. When both he and Malcolm touch the music box they are shocked by a vision of the past lo
Pete W
It was saccharin, sweet, and slightly emotionally overwrought but good story.

Dan had a lot of reservation in pursuing anything with Malcolm. He had a bad past. His self-esteem seemed already low enough when the bad part struck and it took him two years to raise himself up again to this point.

Dan reminded me a bit of Jake from Four Corners. Perhaps the characterization bleed in bit with the humble, quiet, self-depreciated type.

The fight scene, for me, was confusing and difficult to follow. The v
ARe Cafe
Show and Tell by Kate McMurray is a fun, fast-paced read about Dan and Mal who meet in Mal’s antiques shop and learn that they are star-crossed lovers destined to reincarnate and find each other repeatedly through the centuries. The smooth writing, vivid New York City setting, and appealing characters should please the readers. At 79,641 words, the novel unfolds in two alternating third-person viewpoints, and features a down-to-earth, light, adventurous tone.

My favorite aspect of the story is ho
Claire
4.5 stars.
Suze
I enjoyed the story premise in this book, meeting the soulmate that has been yours for millennia through various incarnamtions.
I liked that Dan and Malcolm had to piece together their 'past' lives, and that Dan was sceptical at the start. I also liked that Dan kept their relationship moving slowly.
The only niggle I had was Dan's propensity to tears - even allowing for a stressful situation and their mythical roles.
Overall, a good concept, good writing that I'll probably reread.
Gbook
I have just finished reading this book, and I have to tell you, that it has become one of my top favorite books. I'm just upset that it took this long to find this author and her works. I truly enjoyed the characters and the overall plot. Sexy love scenes and great chemistry. I couldn't put the book down. I give it 5/5 stars! ;D
Juli
I really liked this book. It's actually more of 4 1/2 stars. Interesting premise and likeable characters. Would have like more fleshed out supporting characters... except Enid.. she was fantastic.
Michelle
This book caught me at the right time. I haven't over-indulged in past life story lines, so I found it a pleasant change.
It was a little drawn out in places, but overall I enjoyed it.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Don
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Page Crusherz
3.5 I love this author, and I liked the chemistry, but I wasn't a fan of the paranormal elements.
Gary Jones
Gary Jones marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Good_danto
Good_danto marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Debbie
Debbie added it
Dec 25, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 16, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Haunting of Timber Manor (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths, #1)
  • A Shadow of a Dream
  • Cleats In Clay
  • Second Chance Sam
  • How to Save a Life (The Haven, #1)
  • The Last Grand Master (Champion of the Gods, #1)
  • The Best
  • Bartender, PI
  • Fragile Bond
  • Creature Feature
  • See (Ripples In The Water, #1)
  • Familiar
  • Paid Leave (ABQ Heat #1)
  • Revelations
  • Secret Chemistry (Shifters, #1)
  • Falling Out of Fate
  • The General and the Horse-Lord (The General and the Horse-Lord #1)
  • Greenwode (The Wode, #1)
Kate McMurray is a nonfiction editor. Also, she is crafty (mostly knitting and sewing, but she also wields power tools), she plays the violin, and she dabbles in various other pursuits. She’s maybe a tiny bit obsessed with baseball. She lives in Brooklyn, NY, with a presumptuous cat.
More about Kate McMurray...
Out in the Field Four Corners Lead Us Not Blind Items The Boy Next Door