Start by marking “Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life” as Want to Read:
Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life

Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life

How many self-help books are written by authors whose biggest success is selling self-help books? "Three Simple Steps" is different.
Despite stock market crashes, dot-com busts, and the specter of recession, the author started a virtual company from home, using a few thousand dollars of his savings. A few years later, without ever hiring an employee or leaving his home off
Published August 1st 2012 by Benbella Books

To ask other readers questions about Three Simple Steps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Simple Steps

Clayton
Jan 24, 2014 Clayton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A practical no nonsense guide for anyone looking to remap their limiting beliefs into limitless beliefs. This isn't a new age waste of time. Trevor Blake uses a boat load of real world research and first hand experience to make this unlike any business book I've ever read. His research on Napoleon Hill is worth the price of admission alone.
Selene
Jul 29, 2013 Selene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of the best books I have ever read if not the best. I was headed on a 17 hour flight to Asia and thought I should finally give this book a chance. After getting through the first chapter I was hooked. I'm so happy that I decided to read this book on my first trip out of state. It truly gave me a new perspective on myself and the world around me. I've committed myself in using the three steps everyday and it has made the world of difference. Although its been a little over a month ...more
Ali
Sep 11, 2014 Ali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found Trevor Blake through an article on Inc.com on why complainers are bad for your brain. Something about his voice compelled me to look up his new book, and a few minutes later, I had it downloaded to my Kindle. The mixture of riveting personal history and unconventional self-help advice got me finishing the book in two sittings.

Even without the self-help component, the book makes for a fascinating read: Trevor's impoverished childhood in England, with the bullying he endured; his quest to
Derrick Seagraves
Dec 12, 2015 Derrick Seagraves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the three steps: Protect your mindset, Take daily quiet time to focus, and Set "intentions" not goals.
The themes are present-ness of mind and self direction, while staying open to opportunities you didn't plan for. The stories of his application of these three steps are entertaining.

My only problem is that he installs some flakey spirituality under the steps to support them. Things like wealth attraction and cosmic vibrations are his understanding for the effectiveness.

In short, the a
Philski
Feb 17, 2013 Philski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The three simple steps he proposes are sound, and dovetail nicely into the mindfulness principles I have been implementing in my life. It essentially boils down to a positive emphasis (emphasizing what you are for, not what you are against), mindfulness, and creating a self-fulfilling prophecy in your life by creating what he calls intentions (goals) and growing into them as life progresses.

Again the principles are sound, the one thing that annoyed me was his examples including mediums channeli
Ben
Mar 16, 2017 Ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Three Simple steps" by Trevor Black is one great self help book. It has many advantages in comparaison with other books but it's perfect either.
First off, Trevor Blake had succes way before writign his book and he says it some times. Many self help books aren't really reliable because the authors got succes (rich) by selling their book and not really by applying what's actually in their book.
Then the book is simle, easy to follow even if there's a lot of personal story in it which sometimes isn
Fotis Chatzinicolaou
Το πρώτο chapter είναι ίσως ότι πιο δυνατό έχω διαβάσει τα τελευταία χρόνια. Μια στιγμή δάκρυσα με την περιγραφή και προτείνω σε όλους να το διαβάσουν, μιας και διατίθεται δωρεάν online.

Η βασική ιδέα του βιβλίου είναι 3 απλά βήματα
1) Αποφυγή αρνητικών σκέψεων
2) Ελεύθερος χρόνος στην ημέρα για να γίνει Brainstorming
3) Καθημερινό γράψιμο Intentions (που έχουν διαφορά από goals) για αυτό που "ονειρευόμαστε"

Όλα πολύ ωραία. Το πρώτο βήμα φαίνεται απλό και ειλικρινά είναι, αλλά το δεύτερο έχει μια ιδι
Ignas
Jun 28, 2014 Ignas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, inspiration
I will be short here. In the beginning it was just amazing! Got tons of inspiration and liked it a lot. But the second half is different. Yes it still tells good thinks, I still liked it, but I personally think it was way too much of the personal life details and those stories sometimes looked too sweet. That is why it is only 4 stars (I say only just because this book was one of the best I have read on self-help, but was not ideal). I will come back to the places I marked, I will maybe re-read ...more
Christy Hertz
Feb 09, 2015 Christy Hertz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone trying to improve their thoughts and direction in life
Picked up this little gem from my local Goodwill before the new year without having heard anything about it. I rarely if ever walk into the book section but there was nothing else in the store I needed, so there I was. Though it's taken me this long to get through it, it definitely has been worth the read and I hope to even apply its principles. Thinking of subscribing to/ joining the website for people who have read it and are striving to think, become and do better things with their lives. Sur ...more
Rolando Gill
Feb 21, 2013 Rolando Gill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed the author's story. The Three simple steps are very simple. However, I can also see how my personal habits will have to be overcome. Protect your mentality, take quiet time and set intentions and eliminate doubt. I know that if I apply these simple steps diligently the quality of my life will improve. It is hard to disagree and argue with the author when he has a proven track record of success. I believe him.
Winter Alley
Feb 02, 2016 Winter Alley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me. Simply written, the steps outlined by the author truly are effective. Nothing earth-shattering, no program to sell, this is just good advice to follow to find yourself, find happiness, find a sense of purpose and direction. That level of understanding comes from within; we all know that. Here are some concrete actions to take that will help you hear that inner voice.
Alexandra
May 06, 2013 Alexandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read. This. Now. It is a book for people who want to change their lives for the better, and are a little unsure about how to make that happen. I picked this up at the library by accident and couldn't put it down. I'm not really into "self-help" books so I was hesitant to commit, but this is nothing of the sort. It is a life book. The first chapter is free to read on www.threesimplesteps.com
Paul
May 18, 2016 Paul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a "thoughts are things" book mixed with basic meditation. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea. The author's approach is interesting and I like his style despite a few points I don't agree on. By far better than other similar books out there. He is heavily critical of Napoleon Hill and I understand why. A good book over all.
Russ
Jan 10, 2016 Russ rated it liked it
Some good advice - avoid negative people, change your mentality, take some quiet time for yourself each day - is good and all but I feel that the author glosses over the hard work. You need to put in lots of hard work before just thinking about something will manifest.
AnchorLyss
Jun 30, 2015 AnchorLyss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely inspiring and taking and applying what I learned I have already seen changes happening in my life. I strongly recommend this book.
Amanda
Feb 25, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great memoir meets business smarts meets using our innate consciousness to manifest great success. Forget Napoleon Hill! Meet Trevor Blake.
Dart Tiglao
Has some gems, and personal success stories but mostly another law of attraction fluff...
Sharon
Oct 24, 2014 Sharon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've never seen such grandstanding and solipsism.
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Andrea Goeglein
Jun 15, 2013 Andrea Goeglein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good contribution. Short, direct and right on target. All a reader needs is the discipline to develop the habits suggested.
Beth
Feb 18, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally a book about success that was actually written by a successful entrepreneur!
Desiree
Sep 19, 2012 Desiree rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember where I heard about this. It's really just The Secret for business. I thought his tone was a bit condescending at times - maybe I just don't buy into the message.
Kapu Patel
Jul 01, 2015 Kapu Patel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great little gem. It is very material end focussed but the ideas can apply to any intention
Sue
Jul 04, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I have implemented many of the ideas in his book!
Rupinder Kaur
Sep 04, 2013 Rupinder Kaur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Spoke to my soul & brain in a way no other book has! Must read!
Kimberly Carlton
A go-to book that I know I will re-read more than once. That puts it in a very small category.
Marci Lambert
Sep 25, 2016 Marci Lambert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best self-help books I've ever read. They are simple steps; not easy ones. But if you can apply some discipline I see how this can be life-changing.
Jon Skinner
Jon Skinner rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Robin Tanguay
Robin Tanguay rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2013
Ryan Brulinski
Ryan Brulinski rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Difference: The one-page method for reimagining your business and reinventing your marketing
  • The E-Factor: Entrepreneurship in the Social Media Age
  • The Debt Bomb: A Bold Plan to Stop Washington from Bankrupting America
  • The Psychology of Wealth: Understanding Your Relationship with Money and Achieve Prosperity
  • Everything I Know
  • 101 Things I Learned in Business School
  • The (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals
  • Making Sense of Behavior: The Meaning of Control
  • Constructive Living
  • How to Be a Star at Work: 9 Breakthrough Strategies You Need to Succeed
  • Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will
  • Managing for Results
  • Sacred Success: A Course in Financial Miracles
  • The Path of Least Resistance: Learning to Become the Creative Force in Your Own Life
  • American Betrayal: The Secret Assault on Our Nation's Character
  • 50 Self-Help Classics: 50 Inspirational Books to Transform Your Life from Timeless Sages to Contemporary Gurus
  • Heard It All Before
  • The Design Revolution: Answering the Toughest Questions about Intelligent Design