Start by marking “The Selfish Demon King” as Want to Read:
The Selfish Demon King

The Selfish Demon King

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Shizuku is an adorable and spunky high school student, but even he doesn't know the secret he's hiding. When Shizuku comes home from school one day, he's met by a stunningly beautiful man. This paragon of exquisite beauty, Doga, tells Shizuku that the Shizuku's true nature is that of a sexual mage. Doga is actually the king of the magical realm and that once every hundred ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Selfish Demon King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Selfish Demon King

LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
I've seen several positive reviews for The Selfish Demon King, which just goes to show you how subjective reviews can be. Personally, I thought this book was pretty bad. The best thing I can say about it is that it was a quick, light read. Also, I have (unfortunately) read worse.

It's hard to know where to begin, but I think I'll start with the worst stuff (Duga is a rape-y alphole – consider yourself warned) and work from there. It'll be like ripping off a band-aid – do it nice and quick and get
Shizuku is a high school student in Japan who comes home one day to find a man with horns talking to his father and brothers. The next thing he knows he's whisked to another dimension. The Demon King is determined to make him his mate. It seems that Shizuku is an incubus whose father took him to the human world to hide him as a baby. All Shizuku wants is to go back to Japan and be a normal kid, even though he likes the sex and the Demon King isn't ALL bad. I quite enjoyed this fast read. It's on ...more
I mean, the smut was okay but the characters were pretty unbelievable. I also find it disturbingly unhealthy that the main character fell in love with the Demon King simply because he was "nice" to him, completely disregarding the fact the he raped him, threatened on multiple occasions to kill his family, and held him hostage for months with little to no outside contact.

Yeah sounds like love to me!

Though I mean, it's yaoi, so this isn't that unusual...overall not terrible. A quick read.
Kai-ren Aki

The Selfish Demon King is an erotic anime tale about a lonesome Demon who searches for his mate during his mating season. His mate has to be an attractive incubus, whom he finds in the human world and forces back into his world. This story starts off as a struggle with the unknown, however it gravitates into action. This is not the full book however, there are several volumes i assume. This is a good tongue wetter.
While others think this is horrible, i love this book. Its on my home screen. I say this alot but its true. I love how Duga was kinda a tyrant but he was an angel with shizuku. He never treated him horribly or unresonalbly. He was so sweet, lavishing him with gifts. 'dreamy sigh' I want a sweet king, or prince, or cowboy, i don't care which, who'll sweep me off my feet. But then again who doesn't?
This is yaoi but is not a graphic novel. There were a few pages of illustrations intermittently spaced within the text, but for the most part, it was a short story. The story was interesting and I liked the illustrations. Because of the length, the characters were not as fully as developed as they could have been, but I thought the story line was good.
Jacqui Geisel
It was okay. I didn't like Doga at all though. Calling him the "selfish" demon king is an understatement, in my opinion. He's much too possessive. If he'd acted differently, maybe I would have given this another star, but as it is there's only so much of a character like him I can take.
aka Selfish Demon King
Shawnna marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Nicole Zamudio
Nicole Zamudio marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Bya Byatrys
Bya Byatrys marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Angel marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Asta marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Annette Johnson
Annette Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Kokoa Luna
Kokoa Luna marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
The Reader of the Tower
The Reader of the Tower marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Dericka marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Nino added it
May 21, 2015
Kierana Dawson
Kierana Dawson marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Yaoi=Life marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Eugenia Cheremissin
Eugenia Cheremissin marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Lion marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Fukatoki Chika
Fukatoki Chika marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Anabelle Smith
Anabelle Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Mayumi marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
花嫁は十七歳 ハネムーンは豪華客船で: ハネム-ンは豪華客船で (プリズム文庫) (Japanese Edition) 海賊と囚われの王子 (プリズム文庫) (Japanese Edition) キミに異世界トリップ (プリズム文庫) (Japanese Edition) 不器用な海賊王子 (プリズム文庫) (Japanese Edition) こわくて優しい天使長様