Start by marking “Falling Leaves: A Short Story” as Want to Read:
Falling Leaves: A Short Story

Falling Leaves: A Short Story

A woman finds a special leaf that leads her to a magical and mysterious place. Will she believe what she sees when she finally gets there? Will she decide to stay?

This is the first story in a series of three.
Published December 3rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Falling Leaves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Leaves

Tuan Ho
Jan 18, 2013 Tuan Ho rated it it was amazing
On Christmas day I the found the time to read a great little short story called Falling Leaves by Kayla Curry.

So what's the story about? It's about a woman who finds a leaf and is intrigued and mystified by its perfectly symmetrical formation. This leaf takes her to a place and a man (Frenchman) she never really expected.

And who knew a story about leaves and a Frenchman could be so compelling?

Reading this story stimulated my thoughts about leaves so much that I'll probably walk to the nearest tr
Jacob Donley
Dec 22, 2012 Jacob Donley rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
FALLING LEAVES was an interesting read that drew me through from one page to the next. Kayla Curry created a concept that instilled an element of suspense that all successful authors employ, wanting to know what's next. The version of the story I read seemed to be wrapped up too quickly at the end. All in all, I would recommend this short story to others. I liked the overall story and enjoyed the read. I always know that when I grab one of her titles, I'm going to enjoy it.
Leah
Apr 20, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
This short story about a mysterious leaf is intriguing. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it, but I'm actually enjoying it. I really like Olivier. He seems interesting. Thia seems gullible, but spontaneous. She is really into her work, but I believe she has jumped into this "destiny" quickly. I'm interested to see what happens next!! :)
John M.
John M. rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Amira Hamzeh
Amira Hamzeh rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Christina Weigand
Christina Weigand rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Kayla Curry
Feb 13, 2013 Kayla Curry added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Samantha LaFantasie
Samantha LaFantasie marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jimena
Jimena added it
Sep 26, 2014
Aditya Sumesh
Aditya Sumesh marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Sandra Lagos
Sandra Lagos marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Kayla Curry’s creative mind never sleeps. Literally.

At night, her active imagination produces dreams all night long. It’s those dreams that provide much of the inspiration for her stories which have a little Victorian charm mixed with a fairy tale flair.

Her works include Where the Carnies Are, Obsidian (Mystic Stones Series #1), and many short stories.

She lives in North Platte, Nebraska with her h
More about Kayla Curry...