Tempting the Jaguar

Tempting the Jaguar

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Jaguar shifter Estrella Rios is packless, and she likes it that way. No one is going to tell her what to do, least of all the sexy but arrogant wolf shifter who intends to claim her as his mate…

ebook
Published February 1st 2013 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting the Jaguar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting the Jaguar

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
TEMPTING THE JAGUAR packs a wicked punch! Bursting with action, it's a story that will entice new readers to check out Katie Reus's paranormal romance series or give loyal readers another reason to rejoice. I was floored by the amount of intense action and plot in this shorter story. Reus presents a well-rounded romance that impressed me. With a sexy but arrogant hero in Rainer and a feisty, yet fun heroine in Estrella, it will definitely entice readers to read more of Reus's work. After reading...more
Amy R
Katie Reus writes some awesome stories with shifters. My only complaint with her Cravings books is that they are all too short! As long as you go in knowing the books are short and not full length novels, you will enjoy them.

In this story, we find Rainer, a werewolf shifter who is sent to find out why Estrella, a jaguar shifter is on Rainer's Alpha's land without making herself known. Well, she is packless and knows nothing about pack life so she wasn't even aware she was supposed to make herse...more
Tracie Runge
Estrella is a jaguar shifter who lives as a human and never remembered much about her past or who she was.

Rainer is a powerful wolf shifter and part of the Alabama Pack.

When Estrella goes to help her best friend Sabrina at her first professional art show she notices a very sexy man with piercing green eyes that seems to be following her.
Rainer wants to know why a lone cat shifter is in his territory unannounced but most of all he and his wolf want to know THIS cat shifter.

Rainer attraction to...more
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
Estrella, a jaguar shifter, has been raised as a human and doesn't know a lot about pack rules. What she does know is she's been fine without one and has no intention or being part of one. One night outside her work Ella sees a fight between a wolf-shifter and two vampires. She's become more aware of the shifter's in the area but never so close to humans. Rainer, the werewolf, thwarts the vampires attempt to kidnap Ella but is seriously injured and Estrella can't understand why she's helping Rai...more
Tina
I was eager to read this book just from the cover alone but then add in the jaguar shifter aspect and I knew I had to get my hands on it. I had no trouble sinking my teeth into this story. The author did not make you wait long for the romance or action. The moment Rainer eyes found Estrella you knew the chemistry between the two would be off the charts.

This book can be read as a standalone; however, if you have read Destined Mate and Protector's Mate you will recognize some references to the ch...more
Emmie
My review:

This book was good, it had suspense and intrigue as well a romance. It kept me wondering for auite a while.

Synopsis:

Marie Andersson
It´s no secret I love Katie´s writing!:)I really enjoyed the story of Rainer and Estrella.I love when two different species fall in love(Rainer is a wolfshifter and Estrella is a jaguarshifter).It was really sweet and Rainer is such an alpha male.Just the way I like my shifters!
I was send an arc and this is my honest review!
Tania
"Tempting the Jaguar" by Katie Reus. A paranormal romance novella.

Ohhhhhh! I really like this novella! Exciting action scenes, steamy romance scenes and werewolves and jaguars and vampires! Oh my! This novella is part of a series that technically doesn't really have a name (I checked on the author's website) but the main male character of Rainer is the brother of Alaric (who is in the novella "Protector's Mate".

Rainer has found a jaguar shifter in his pack's territory. She didn't notify anyone t...more
TheCrazyGranny
Estrella was orphaned at the age of five and was raised in the human world. She has no clue about the shifter laws and protocols. So when the arrogant and sexy as sin wolf, Rainer, confronts her about not notifying his pack she was living in their territory, she doesn’t know what he is talking about. She refuses to answer his questions. So he decides to follow her home, but on the way she is attacked by vampires and Rainer saves her.
The attraction between them burns red hot. They are on the run...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend(A-)
Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Estrella Rios is a lone Jaguar shifter… a woman without a pack, and she's never known pack life. Raised by humans since she was five, Estrella considers herself a human, with a pesky side of shifting. She's never told anyone what she is and knows nothing about shifter life or protocol.

One night while working at an art gallery, Rainer (brother of the Alpha's second-in-command) approached Estrella...more
Nadia
*This book was sent by author for an honest review*

Rainer wants to know what a lone cat is doing in his pack's territory without permission—but mostly he just wants her. From the moment he meets Estrella, their attraction is scorching and undeniable. But enemy vampires have set their sights on Estrella, t
Kathy
Berli Olivier
It amazes me that every story is so unique yet draws me as reader in so completely. Brilliant
Darcy
I liked how this short connected with the author’s series. I felt sad for Estrella for all that was lost in her life, but loved how she stood up to Rainer with her ignorant ways of shifters. It was fun to see Rainer not quite sure what to do with Estrella. I loved how Rainer instantly took to Estrella and did what he could to help her with the vamps. I was surprised when Estrella’s history came out, but was glad with her choice at the end.
Susan Commeford
I like reading Rainer's story with ties to the previous books. While good, this one was a little rushed and had an abrupt ending. I assume she's going to continue more with the next one...which I thought I had but apparently not... I like more of a complete story in my books and not be left hanging.
Teri
It was a short but satisfying novel. I became a fan of Reus's writing style after the Moon Shifter series and this book didn't disappoint me either. It's more superficial due to its length but I still loved the hero and the heroine and enjoyed reading about their whirlwind love story.
Michelle
There is more to Jaguar shifter Estrella than even she knows and I loved joining her on the journey to discovery. Very well written, I was hooked and couldn't put it down.
Holly
This was a great short read! Katie does an amazing job building her characters and her story line regardless of the length of the book. I highly recommend this one!
Bobbi Romans
Loved it. Had just the right amount of tension and surprises thrown in to keep the story twisting and turning in the steamiest of ways.

Rochelle
I absolutely loved this book! My only grumble is that I wish it was longer, but I'm still really looking forward to the next book in May!!!
Annelise
This was an awesome book. It was a little different but it was still a great read. On to the next book.
Tamara
Loving this new series. Really interesting shifter/vampire dynamics.
Deanne
Deanne marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Rachael Evans
Rachael Evans marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Bayon / Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
  • Dire Desires (Eternal Wolf Clan, #3)
  • The Wolf Within (Purgatory, #1)
  • Hidden Passions (Hidden, #7)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves, #6)
  • Night Demon (Night, #2)
  • Gone with the Wolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Bad Kitty (Southern Shifters, #4)
  • Taming The Dragon
  • Desire the Night
  • Eternal Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2.5)
  • Born in Chains (Men in Chains, #1)
  • Seduction's Shift (The Shadow Shifters, #2)
  • Scar (Pack Rulez, #1)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer....more
More about Katie Reus...
Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1) No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1) Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2) First Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #1) Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)