The Magic Hat Of Mortimer Wintergreen

The Magic Hat Of Mortimer Wintergreen

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In 1890’s South Dakota, Amy and Joshua escape from their mean Aunt Vootch. They plan to find their grandparents in New York, and manage to team up with a traveling magician, Mortimer Wintergreen, who is also New York bound. Mortimer owns a truly magic hat with a temperamental, mischievous mind of its own. Adventures abound as their way is blocked by outlaws, runaway hot-ai...more
Hardcover
Published by HarperCollins Publishers (first published August 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Hat Of Mortimer Wintergreen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Hat Of Mortimer Wintergreen

Edwin Soto
This is one of the most fantastic books I've read as a kid. I just read it over a two week period for my 10 year old and a 6 year old and it blew their minds. I hadn't read it in 25 years and all I remembered was it was magical (sic) and wonderful.

It surely took me to a wonderful place of adventure. I almost wept when it was over.
L.kerry Miller
This is one of my absolute favorite books !
Abby
Fun little story. Very Roald Dahl-ish.
Nina Mielke
Nach den ersten Seiten dieses Buches wollte ich es schon wieder weglegen. ich habe aber weiter gelesen und es war die richtige Entscheidung.
Die Geschichte der beiden Kinder, die sich mit Mr. Mortimer auf die Reise begeben ist so fantasievoll und voller Abenetuer, dass man das Buch gar nicht wieder weglegen möchte.
Kati
Mar 10, 2013 Kati rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Johnny Depp is making into a movie. This will be great. Part Alice, part Charlie, part James(and his peach) and who knows what else.

Not a great adult read, but kids that don't scare easy would love it!
PorshaJo
Such a cute story for children. Very entertaining and a little story that I can quickly tell to children. The characters were wonderful. Looking forward to the big screen version of this book.
Olivia
I read this book for the first time in third grade and I still love it! It's a fun tale of a brother and sister traveling to find their parents with the help of a magician and his magic hat!
Bridget Bowen
A wonderfully imaginative story, with suprisingly complex characters for such a quick, fun read. I checked this book out of my elementary school library at least a dozen times.
Annette4telus.net
Annette4telus.net marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Azzi Uchiha
Azzi Uchiha marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Mario
Mario marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Raven
Raven is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2013
Ysabel Mystic
Ysabel Mystic marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Silvia
Silvia added it
Jul 27, 2013
Ivy Tice
Ivy Tice marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Alix
Alix marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Dashik
Dashik added it
Jan 25, 2013
Mia_tadema
Mia_tadema marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Alan and Naomi Ein Schatten Wie Ein Leopard Adam und Lisa The Witch of Fourth Street and Other Stories Three Friends