Start by marking “Bertrand Russell's the Conquest of Happiness: A Modern-Day Interpretation of a Self-Help Classic” as Want to Read:

Bertrand Russell's The Conquest of Happiness is a guide on living a happy life. Although it was of its time it was also ahead of its time. Russell believed that true happiness could only be achieved through thought and effort. A true self help classic before self help even existed. Our interpretation of The Conquest of Happiness illustrates the timeless nature of Russell's ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Infinite Ideas

To ask other readers questions about Bertrand Russell's the Conquest of Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bertrand Russell's the Conquest of Happiness

Sanjay Gautam
May 19, 2015 Sanjay Gautam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BEWARE!

Its not the original book written by Bertrand Russel. The author, Tim Phillips, has taken some of the passages from the original written by Russel, and then has given, to my horror, his very poor and low grade commentary. The language and the way it has been written, all I can say that IT SUCKS!

Note: Original book is by far much better and a satisfying read.
Arielle
There were definitely points that contradicted each other, and points that in my opinion didn't 'flow' and make complete sense; nevertheless the underlying principles were there and did help in my understanding! It helps to use a highlighter to underline the points that are inportant to you.
Maria
Jan 09, 2017 Maria rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read the original book, the one written by Bertrand Russel. I do advise everybody to take the original, it is great! The interpretation part, be it either modern or not, is a very intimate touch. Books based on 'interpretation' shouldn't exist, but what a luck not everyone thinks like me. Getting back to the ORIGINAL book, it stands for the idea that happiness is a state which needs to be ... seduced.
The superfluous competition, the arrogance of tedium and the exhausted briskness must be left
James Marsh
First a couple things you should know: This is not the original Conquest of Happiness by Bertrand Russell. It is as the title says: A Modern Interpretation of it.

I only emphasize that because Amazon has listed several negative reviews for this reason only.

This is another free ebook available from Infinite Ideas as part of their 52 Brilliant Ideas series.

The author/interpreter in this case does not do us the service that I have found in the other books in the series. His language is unsavory and
Boris Belousov
Oct 20, 2015 Boris Belousov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why anyone else would write another book on happiness after this one. Russell is clear, precise and humane. Adorable reading.
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Emaan Choudhary
Emaan Choudhary rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
William Thomas
William Thomas rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Mohammed Malcomx
Mohammed Malcomx rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Kaushik
Kaushik rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2011
David
David rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Ana Maria
Ana Maria rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
Lucylou
Lucylou rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Ungureanu Cristina Diana
Ungureanu Cristina Diana rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2017
Russell Turner
Russell Turner rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Silvia-Laura
Silvia-Laura rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
C
C rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Damien
Damien rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Sheikh Abdul
Sheikh Abdul rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Harm Steijn
Harm Steijn rated it liked it
May 24, 2012
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Mikael Salmi
Mikael Salmi rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Abhishek
Abhishek rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Shannon Byrne
Shannon Byrne rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Robert Jaskiewicz
Robert Jaskiewicz rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Megan Carey
Megan Carey rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Joseph Meister
Joseph Meister rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Nikita D'souza
Nikita D'souza rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2012
Neha
Neha rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015