Start by marking “Taxation of Canadians in America: Are you at risk?” as Want to Read:
Taxation of Canadians in America: Are you at risk?

Taxation of Canadians in America: Are you at risk?

Are you a Canadian who spends your winters in the southern United States, or occasionally
conducts work in the US? Many Canadians do not know that they need a work visa to legally
conduct business during their stay in the United States. Even more worrisome is that they don’t
know that they may be required to file taxes with the IRS. This law also applies to those
telecommuting
Published November 30th 2012 by Self-Counsel Press

To ask other readers questions about Taxation of Canadians in America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taxation of Canadians in America

Vince
Aug 21, 2013 Vince rated it liked it
As a US Citizen living and working in Canada for a Canadian firm, I'm not the primary audience for the book. But I'm also a Canadian citizen, so I gave it a read. It turns out (naturally) that my US citizenship plays the key role in terms of my US taxes. I learned that the US...
...taxes its citizens on their global income (not just income earned in the US)
...has had taxation treaties with Canada since the 1930s to sort out which country taxes what and help each other enforce tax laws
...requires