Start by marking “Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More” as Want to Read:
Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More

Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Take this convenient ebook anywhere and embrace the hottest head-turning fashion accessory: the knitted hat.The clever designs of "Weekend Hats" will have enthusiastic knitters everywhere rejoicing in year-round hat style. Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre have brought you the best in-designer knit hat patterns all in one beautiful and fun-loving collection. Incl ...more
Published December 11th 2012 by Interweave Press (first published October 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Weekend Hats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weekend Hats

Josiphine
The ones that I love I really really love, but the ones that I don't are horrid.

However, I've already made two hats from this book (working on a third) and I love the clear instructions.

There is a mistake in Leaves Long Beanie chart though.
Anastacia
Jun 18, 2013 Anastacia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's not to enjoy about quick knitted hats? They are the perfect project (like socks) fast, you can use almost any yarn, you usually only need a skein or two, they are portable, and they are so much fun to experiment with. Like socks, you can wear a hat that is completely outlandish - you'd never wear a sweater with 6 colors and pompoms all over it, but a hat? Totally.

There's a great variety of hats, from a variety of designers who's names you'll recognize, from lace, cables, texture, fair isl
Tisha
Dec 28, 2011 Tisha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked that there were several designers in here, but it really didn't seem like their best work. Not a book that I will knit from.
Susan
Sep 20, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, hobbies, 2015
I have already knit one hat from this book with wonderful results, and many compliments from people around me. I have several other hats on my 'to make' list. The patterns are varied, allowing for a range of tastes, or moods. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. The photos give a good sense of what the final hat will look like.
Rachael
Mar 24, 2015 Rachael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i like 4 of these hats, so that's good at least. but most designers only list one size (21"-23") and honestly for a book written entirely for hat patterns more information, like length as well as circumference, could have been provided. among other things.
Julia
I really like this collection of patterns. None are super complex, but most have a degree of sophistication involved. This is a book I could see owning, I liked so many of the designs
Beth
Aug 05, 2014 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts-knitting
I like almost all of the patterns in this book and they look easy enough to do while watching tv or listening to an audio book.
Mary
May 29, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: craft, library-books
The book has a nice mixture of female/male hats and nice mix of techniques. It also shows how to do a technique.
Marianna
Nov 18, 2015 Marianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the topiary beanie dk weight yarn. Nice patterns. Nice layout. Will reread.
Mckinley
Nothing here to replace the few hat patterns I already have to knit. So only 2 stars.
Sara
Dec 19, 2011 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this from my library, which is nice. I am not a hat wearer. Only my DD wears them and she is relatively picky about her style. That said, I found a few patterns that I "favorited" in ravelry, so I have some ideas if a someone requests a hat. Hats knit up quick and easy, and are appreciated, but mot by my family. I need some hat happy friends!
Jan
Nov 17, 2011 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has some really cute hats and many of the patterns are pretty simple. I know I will use several of these patterns. I may need to break down and buy it.
Kelly
I was mostly interested in the Jared Flood design since I'm a big fan, but there are some other really good designs I'd like to try.
Genevieve
Cute stuff, nothing I have to make THIS INSTANT! May consult again one day when I need a decent gift or something new for me.
Dharma
Oct 08, 2013 Dharma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
Nice little book. I am very picky about hats I would make and/or wear, but there were a few patterns that I would do.
Amber
Jan 20, 2013 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful photos, directions seem easy enough, I just need the time to make one of the hats that I feel in love with.
Laurel
Feb 22, 2013 Laurel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: craft
There are some really great looking hats in this book... and my next project will be one of them!
Dec 17, 2012 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute hats. I am thinking it would take ME a little longer than a weekend though...
Jules
Mar 09, 2012 Jules rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love several of the hats in this book. Will definitely be purchasing!
Amanda Underwood
Some really cute hat patterns! Good variety of skill levels.
Michelle
Dec 29, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Nothing that really intrigued me, but it seems solid.
Evgenia
Apr 12, 2012 Evgenia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts
Some interesting designs that would make great gifts too.
Josie
Apr 28, 2012 Josie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of interesting and fun patterns to be had!
Kerry
Not really all that impressed.
Mariko
Dec 15, 2013 Mariko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice designs and easy to do.
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Krista Park
Krista Park rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Miki
Miki rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Bich Hang
Bich Hang rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • Entrelac: The Essential Guide to Interlace Knitting
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Knit, Swirl! Uniquely Flattering, One Piece, One Seam Swirl Jackets
  • Circular Knitting Workshop: Essential Techniques to Master Knitting in the Round
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
  • French Girl Knits Accessories: Modern Designs for a Beautiful Life
  • Knitted Socks East and West: 30 Designs Inspired by Japanese Stitch Patterns
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock
  • Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
  • Arctic Lace: Knitting Projects and Stories Inspired by Alaska's Native Knitters
  • Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
  • Socks a la Carte: Pick and Choose Patterns to Knit Socks Your Way